• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Prime (Included with Amazon Prime)

Guess I can finally bother to cancel that Turbo sub I've let renew for a while now. Seems like a good deal to me, especially with the free sub.

Its ironic that a ton of popular streamers who are online right now are getting tons and tons of extra subs from prime subbers while all the twitch streamers who are actually attending twitch con are missing out on the sub rush.

Ferrio

Banned
Its ironic that a ton of popular streamers who are online right now are getting tons and tons of extra subs from prime subbers while all the twitch streamers who are actually attending twitch con are missing out on the sub rush.

Watching cirno right now, it's like an avalanche of subs.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Damn, they just made Prime better and I've already been a huge fan of it. Gonna sub to moonmoon with it.

Quonny

This is actually a huge chunk of their profit that they're giving to Twitch streamers.

This single-handedly gives more than 10% of their Prime revenue to a streamer (if you use it).

Alucrid

Banned

wonder how many are free trials though. still, not a bad deal to get an influx of cash for one month.

jediyoshi

This is actually a huge chunk of their profit that they're giving to Twitch streamers.

This single-handedly gives more than 10% of their Prime revenue to a streamer.

My armchair analyst assumption is that it pushes some percentage of people who already support a streamer into upgrading into a Prime account as a result.

Quonny

My armchair analyst assumption is that it pushes some percentage of people who already supports a streamer into upgrading into a Prime account as a result.

Oh, I'm sure, but it's still big. ~11% to streamers, 20% off games. Of course this is just to expand their subscriber and purchaser base, but it's straight up money they're just...giving away.

ChrisD

So random question that popped into my head when I saw the Prime costs in the OP: if I pre-ordered, say, The Last Guardian's Collector's Edition back in June and will be charged $15 for Shipping, could I buy a month of Prime in December (when the game is set to release) and instead get free Prime Shipping on my pre-existing order?

Yes, I am asking a question that would save me all of $3. :L

Proven

I don't use twitch very often or care about any of the benefits, but I do have prime,. Assuming the free sub still gives money to the streamer, I'm looking for a channel to subscribe to to help out a worthy streamer.

The problem is I'm a little neurotic. Looking for a channel that meets the following criteria:
1) Speaks in a quiet voice and doesn't just make noise incessantly.
2) Doesn't encourage chat spam with the stupid fucking take my energy garbage or emote spam. I guess some of it is unavoidable, but certainly no one that plays into this stuff.
3) Doesn't play sound effects or make a big deal when people donate.
4) Doesn't open gambling packs. This is a 100% dealbreaker, this is so disgusting.
5) Plays a variety of interesting games--not any of the major eSports. I like adventure games, puzzle games, mostly independent stuff, platformers, old games, especially weird stuff.
6) Seems to have some semblance of work-life balance
7) Appears to respect women and value kindness

Any suggestions?
I have similar issues.

Currently leaning on Ster (Overwatch and some variety) and Lethalfrag (variety, plays a lot of FTL and similar rogue-like-like games).

Hehe.

Yeah, seeing a ton of blue crowns in chat already and seeing a lot of new subs on some channels.

Ferrio

Banned
Currently leaning on Ster (Overwatch and some variety) and Lethalfrag (variety, plays a lot of FTL and similar rogue-like-like games).

Lethalfrag is a good one but man it doesn't feel like his heart is in it anymore. Feels like he's just going through the motions when I watch him.

Quonny

I don't use twitch very often or care about any of the benefits, but I do have prime,. Assuming the free sub still gives money to the streamer, I'm looking for a channel to subscribe to to help out a worthy streamer.

The problem is I'm a little neurotic. Looking for a channel that meets the following criteria:
2) Doesn't encourage chat spam with the stupid fucking take my energy garbage or emote spam. I guess some of it is unavoidable, but certainly no one that plays into this stuff.
4) Doesn't open gambling packs. This is a 100% dealbreaker, this is so disgusting.
5) Plays a variety of interesting games--not any of the major eSports. I like adventure games, puzzle games, mostly independent stuff, platformers, old games, especially weird stuff.

Any suggestions?

Tyler1.

ViciousDS

Banned
This is fucking badass!!!!! Amazon just fucking got even better! That sub thing is cool as well. This means I can support someone that I like without dropping some cash.

jblank83

Any suggestions?

Darbian

Actually a good person, a great gamer, and has only a modest subscription base, so he could use it.

Kuldar

For Civilization VI at 37.93€ I have a 2€ discount now.

Edit: it's the same 2€ discount for a 60€ game. So it seems to be a fixed discount. :(

Luigi87

Finally taking advantage of my Prime account I've had for about two months and haven't utilized at all, lol

Also really glad to get Tyrande.

Arsenic13

All three links on the "You have leveled up with Twitch Prime!" page take me to the Twitch directory and that's it. Anyone else?

Hikami

Wow that's neat. Amazon prime just keeps on giving.
I rarely watch livestreams on twitch though. Wonder who I'd sub to.

Regiruler

Any suggestions?

Bob Ross is a literal donation to charity.

Mechazawa

That's pretty awesome. I don't put any money into twitch nor do I really watch any streams with regularity, but getting free game stuff and a free subscribe off the back of Prime is fucking cool.

Now to figure out where to put that subscribe...

This is interesting, they don't give you a Steam key for Streamline but rather you download a Twitch Launcher

9a144eee8ad8155bcade93cdbceee3d6.png

Top Bottom