• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Prime (Included with Amazon Prime)

jblank83

All three links on the "You have leveled up with Twitch Prime!" page take me to the Twitch directory and that's it. Anyone else?

The "gifts" are in the little portraits on the left sidebar of the twitch page.

The "games" link seems to just be a link to Amazon's game page.

81M6akX.png

ChrisD

He 'coaches' League and plays other games.

He was blocked from being a partner but now that he no longer plays League (on stream) they gave him one.

That's kind of gross. I saw very little of his content, but it was enough that I'd never offer him a partnership unless he had a massive change of personality and quality of being a respectable person.

Must be getting hammered. I can't connect my accounts atm.

Probably will be for the next few hours, if not day. It is the start of the weekend.

I wondering if streamers will try to reach out and tangle some of those free subs from people who rarely use Twitch.

Oh dang. Good point. Unfortunately you're probably not too far off-base. A week, tops, before this catches on.

Eblo

This seems pretty convenient for those who are already Amazon Prime members. I'm in for the free games and subs, but the Twitch Launcher installer crashes on me every time. Anybody managed to install it yet?

xinek

Hm. I'm not the primary Prime subscriber, and Twitch Prime doesn't seem to recognize me as an Amazon Prime member at all. I wonder if it's not included? I don't recall ever seeing a Prime benefit not applying to me as a secondary member ...

bounchfx

Game seems to be twitch-designed based on the bio.

yeah, which is pretty awesome, and I look forward to seeing more games integrated, but the last thing I want is to download another program to install on my pc. Unless it's browser based. I'll wait to hear.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Holy shit, my $50/yr Prime Student membership is becoming even more valuable.

Symphonic

This is interesting, they don't give you a Steam key for Streamline but rather you download a Twitch Launcher

9a144eee8ad8155bcade93cdbceee3d6.png

Oh god noooo noooooo

Here I was dreading an Amazon Launcher with the announcement of their new studio games and they somehow manage to make something even worse than that.

RockmanBN

I don't use twitch very often or care about any of the benefits, but I do have prime,. Assuming the free sub still gives money to the streamer, I'm looking for a channel to subscribe to to help out a worthy streamer.

The problem is I'm a little neurotic. Looking for a channel that meets the following criteria:
1) Speaks in a quiet voice and doesn't just make noise incessantly.
2) Doesn't encourage chat spam with the stupid fucking take my energy garbage or emote spam. I guess some of it is unavoidable, but certainly no one that plays into this stuff.
3) Doesn't play sound effects or make a big deal when people donate.
4) Doesn't open gambling packs. This is a 100% dealbreaker, this is so disgusting.
5) Plays a variety of interesting games--not any of the major eSports. I like adventure games, puzzle games, mostly independent stuff, platformers, old games, especially weird stuff.
6) Seems to have some semblance of work-life balance
7) Appears to respect women and value kindness

Any suggestions?

I'd say Northernlion is a fun dude to watch who plays a variety of games from AAA to many small indies. But I guess #2 is broken. It's more likely for a smaller streamer would probably hit all the marks.

Justinh

For Civilization VI at 37.93€ I have a 2€ discount now.

Edit: it's the same 2€ discount for a 60€ game. So it seems to be a fixed discount. :(

That sucks. I guess it's just a regional thing.

I bought this earlier this morning, and it should be delivered within the next couple hours.

Civ 6 is showing 20% off properly for me, too...

AH!
8.Is this offer available for other Amazon websites?

No, this offer is only available to US Prime customers shopping for eligible items on Amazon.com.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
I came into the thread ready to praise twitch and amazon for adding more value to Prime

then I see this bullshit. Pass.

The free subs and no ads alone are great imo, but I've had Amazon Prime for at least 5 years now.

Uh I just tried to link my account but after I did it took me to Amazon asking if I want to sign up for Prime. I'm already signed up.

Possibly because too many people are trying to connect their accounts atm.

GamerJM

Banned
Uh I just tried to link my account but after I did it took me to Amazon asking if I want to sign up for Prime. I'm already signed up.

shira

Is AMAZON Canada Prime even worth it?

I get it in the States on vacation since there are a shitload of things you can get that are worth $11 for the one month. But $79 seems like too much.

rdytoroll

Prime is so good, I pay 24€ per year, which is such a steal for everything I get.

Gave my free sub to DansGaming. Dude deserves it for all the entertainment he provides

Give it to a smaller streamer.

Sodapoppin it is.
/s

I can't really think of any smaller streamers I watch.

I was also considering Vinesauce, but I don't usually catch him when he's streaming. I have a weird schedule.

Maybe I'll look for some smaller guys this weekend.

Quonny

Seriously.

Most popular streamers are doing just fine with their subscriber numbers and revenue.
The smaller streamers are the ones that actually need it.

This is true if you watch them.

I only literally watch imaqtpie and Voyboy. No other streamers. imaqtpie is a top 10 streamer, but I'm still giving my sub to him, because I watch him probably 4+ hours every weekday.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
He 'coaches' League and plays other games.

He was blocked from being a partner but now that he no longer plays League (on stream) they gave him one.

No offence but it seems like you kinda recommended the opposite of what I was asking for.

TNH853

how do i change my current twitch subscription of a channel to this amazon prime subscription without canceling it?

Pandacon

I don't use twitch very often or care about any of the benefits, but I do have prime,. Assuming the free sub still gives money to the streamer, I'm looking for a channel to subscribe to to help out a worthy streamer.

The problem is I'm a little neurotic. Looking for a channel that meets the following criteria:
1) Speaks in a quiet voice and doesn't just make noise incessantly.
2) Doesn't encourage chat spam with the stupid fucking take my energy garbage or emote spam. I guess some of it is unavoidable, but certainly no one that plays into this stuff.
3) Doesn't play sound effects or make a big deal when people donate.
4) Doesn't open gambling packs. This is a 100% dealbreaker, this is so disgusting.
5) Plays a variety of interesting games--not any of the major eSports. I like adventure games, puzzle games, mostly independent stuff, platformers, old games, especially weird stuff.
6) Seems to have some semblance of work-life balance
7) Appears to respect women and value kindness

Any suggestions?

I would recommend https://www.twitch.tv/easyallies, group of guys who fit most of your criteria, they are the old Gametrailers crew, play a variety of games, and fun to watch.

Per the topic, now I have one more reason to hold on to Amazon prime, getting for $50 a year right now since I'm a student, it's a great deal.

iiicon

Closest I can think of is Quill18. He does acknowledge and is grateful for donations but doesn't get all exaggerated like some folks.

He's a super nice and respectful person---the only downside I can see is that he mostly plays strategy games, is not really a variety streamer.

This was my first thought as well. His focus is fairly narrow, but I think he plays a wide array of games within that framework, as well as DnD and other tabletop games, and his programming and Ludum Dare streams. He does have one of those silly noisemaker alerts when someone subscribes or donates, but if the donator is flagrantly offensive with either their name or message he'll ignore it.

Top Bottom