• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Twitch Prime (Included with Amazon Prime)

Oh god noooo noooooo

Here I was dreading an Amazon Launcher with the announcement of their new studio games and they somehow manage to make something even worse than that.

I mean it is Twitch Designed but it's also on Steam, don't get why they gave away the other two keys just fine but the Streamline game you have to download a separate launcher

Sp3eD

0G M3mbeR
Every time I try to subscribe to a streamer it comes up wanting me to pay 4.99. I've linked my accounts, is there a prime button for payment?

So does this work with an Amazon account that sharing Prime with a primary account? Or does it have to be a primary account with Prime?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Every time I try to subscribe to a streamer it comes up wanting me to pay 4.99. I've linked my accounts, is there a prime button for payment?

Type in a chat to see if you have the Twitch Prime badge next to your name.

If your Amazon Prime is linked, you should see a free option when you click on the subscribe button, it's to the right of the checkout button.

So does this work with an Amazon account that sharing Prime with a primary account? Or does it have to be a primary account with Prime?

Looks like only the primary account can be linked. Many people are commenting about it.

KarmaCow

Is AMAZON Canada Prime even worth it?

I get it in the States on vacation since there are a shitload of things you can get that are worth $11 for the one month. But $79 seems like too much.

They recently added a 20% discount on games but yea, Amazon Prime is still pretty shit.

oti

Banned
I would recommend https://www.twitch.tv/easyallies, group of guys who fit most of your criteria, they are the old Gametrailers crew, play a variety of games, and fun to watch.

Per the topic, now I have one more reason to hold on to Amazon prime, getting for $50 a year right now since I'm a student, it's a great deal.

I tried to watch their 6 months celebration on YouTube and everytime someone subbed they all sang a jingle. I know it's just part of the beast that is streaming but no thanks. This always makes me feel like I'm in kindergarten or something.

4rPu.png

Click the arrow

Seiru

Banned
Wow, I already pay for Twitch Turbo and sub to one person a month, and I'm already a Prime member. I guess this just straight up saves me money? This is awesome.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
The streamers will get money out of the free subs?

When Twitch Prime members use their free channel subscription every month, the streamer gets paid just like any other subscription, so this introduces a new way to help support the streamers you love, even if you’ve never subscribed before.

Yap.

Justinh

they should probably consolidate twitch prime and twitch turbo. its sounds like most of the features are the same
I'm not really sure, but I was just dicking around with my twitch options and I now have the option to wear the Twitch Tuhrbo badge.
Is that all Twitch Turbo is? Ad-free?

xinek

I just got off the Amazon customer chat -- they said that if you're not the primary Amazon Prime subscriber, the primary member has to go activate Twitch Prime, and then everyone on the household membership will get it. Each person should get their own benefits, such as the monthly subscription.

Gaogaogao

I'm not really sure, but I was just dicking around with my twitch options and I now have the option to wear the Twitch Tuhrbo badge.
Is that all Twitch Turbo is? Ad-free?

if they give you the badge then they probably just give you everything, nevermind

Justinh

It's already happening, lol...
B2bEn3z.jpg

+6 more now.

Oh, I thought the hosted dude was getting these subs. Guess it's going to TB since he's not said a word about it and it's TB's chat.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Darbian

Actually a good person, a great gamer, and has only a modest subscription base, so he could use it.

Many of the other suggestions where for stuff that didn't fit my criteria well at all, but this is a good one. I've watched Darbian's stuff before. Nice, quiet guy. Great work-life balance. World record player. Players some weird stuff occasionally. The heart-rate monitor thing is cool. I'll wait until he's online to pass along some goodwill, but this is a very good choice. Thanks.

Hikami

I can just give away the Hearthstone, Smite, and Paladins stuff since they're codes right? I don't play any of those games and not really interested in them.

Type in a chat to see if you have the Twitch Prime badge next to your name.

If your Amazon Prime is linked, you should see a free option when you click on the subscribe button, it's to the right of the checkout button.

Looks like only the primary account can be linked. Many people are commenting about it.

Yeah I hope they change this or if the primary member isn't linked the secondary can link. So one Twitch link per Primary Account. Right now I split this with a friend but she is primary and will never use the Twitch implementation. If something isn't done or fixed by January then I'll just make myself the Primary. Not a huge deal, but whatever.

I just got off the Amazon customer chat -- they said that if you're not the primary Amazon Prime subscriber, the primary member has to go activate Twitch Prime, and then everyone on the household membership will get it. Each person should get their own benefits, such as the monthly subscription.

Alright! guess I'll be doing this tomorrow. Thanks for the info.

wolf73

Any way to claim the game on a mac? Launcher seems to be Windows only.

edit: quote for Smite code if anyone's interested

Justinh

I can just give away the Hearthstone, Smite, and Paladins stuff since they're codes right? I don't play any of those games and not really interested in them.

I hope so, lol. I already gave away the Smite skin. I don't know if he had problems redeeming it though.

I tried to watch their 6 months celebration on YouTube and everytime someone subbed they all sang a jingle. I know it's just part of the beast that is streaming but no thanks. This always makes me feel like I'm in kindergarten or something.

Ugh, I remember that. That why I stopped subscribing to them when they were Gametrailers and stopped watching their streams altogether...

Top Bottom