• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda art book might have leaked the game release date (Mar 21st)

FelipeMGM

Thanks Videogamer for the heads up

https://www.amazon.com/dp/1506700756/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I guess we will learn if true or not on November 7

CuZrM_0XgAA00Va.jpg:large

CuZrCsDWYAAV4VH.jpg

Alexious

Old news. Also, it's not the first time we thought a book release date would actually coincide with a game release and then they didn't (The Witcher 3).

I think I saw a Youtuber bring this up first like on Saturday.

I believe the Tuber said that this was a employee login and that the public couldn't see this info.

Please don't say things like that.

We haven't see jack shit about the game. Let's compare to Horizon that has been playable on several showfloors with different demos...

Look at how many previews and details and information we have for Horizon...

We know about nothing about ME Andromeda besides the PS4 Pro footage.

Given how little we have seen of this I don't believe it's going to release until at least mid-way through next year.

We haven't see jack shit about the game. Let's compare to Horizon that has been playable on several showfloors with different demos...

Yeah, I agree. They're keeping their cards oddly close to their chest with this.

Simo

Given how little we have seen of this I don't believe it's going to release until at least mid-way through next year.

Yeah, I agree. They're keeping their cards oddly close to their chest with this.

Fallout 4 route? Either way next month is when they're opening the doors on the game and will likely confirm the release date.

FelipeMGM

Isn't that just the end of the fiscal year or something?

No, thats March 31st

I for sure agree with that point. But we do have cases for stuff like Fallout 4 that got coverage (and the announcement even) only 5 months before release, and BioWare prob will show a lot of MAE on N7 day. But still, yeah, wont be surprised if it gets delayed to further 2017.

I think I can finish Persona 5 by then...

We'll see on N7 day if this is true. We've seen so little of this game. But maybe they're going the Fallout 4 route.

AHA-Lambda

Out in 5 months, and we've seen zip from it...

I'd ordinarily agree with everyone saying it'd be delayed but there's been so much insistence from people (including our own Shinobi) that this will come out in Q1.

I don't expect this any sooner than Holiday 2017. Release dates just don't mean anything any more; there's nothing too big to be delayed by six months at a moment's notice.

GlamFM

Banned
Media blowout is planned for N7 day.

Shorter hype cycles are a thing these days.

March seems plausible to me.

Media blowout is planned for N7 day.

Shorter hype cycles are a thing these days.

March seems plausible to me.

Agreed.

Focused burst of media. Less stress on the team to have various demos ready and presentable a year before release when things are still being tweaked and finalized.

xealo

We'll likely get a lot more information by N7 day, which is in about a month.

If there is still no proper gameplay shown past that, a delay becomes plausible.

jdstorm

Banned

Almost like tbey are waiting for a specific date in november to have their info blowout and to give battlefield and titanfall their release months free and clear

Shredderi

Yeah this has spring release written all over it. They're not gonna launch the damn thing without a big, long marketing campaign so february is jus too soon.

Mediking

Shinobi insists that it really is releasing early 2017 but I can't help but think it's a holiday 2017 game.

No chance this comes out early 2017.
I smell at least one delay before launch.

Plus, I'm guessing EA wants a marketing hype cycle they can milk up to Xmas 2017.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
OléGunner;219720662 said:

Plus, I'm guessing EA wants a long marketing hype cycle they can milk up to Xmas 2017.
Their last two flagship games were announced in May and June for October releases (4 and 5 months respectively).

Phamit

Plus, I'm guessing EA wants a long marketing hype cycle they can milk up to Xmas 2017.

Well they said they want a shorter hype cycle similar to Fallout 4

It's also in line for EAs strategy in the recent past

Their last two flagship games were announced in May and June for October releases (4 and 5 months respectively).

Well they said they want a shorter hype cycle similar to Fallout 4

It's also in line for EAs strategy in the recent past

Dragon Age and Star Wars yeah? Well the first was cross-gen and not overly ambitious while the second had to coincide with Force Awakens release so the schedule was fixed tight.

With Mass Effect, all we've seen is dev diaries and 3 minutes of "walking" footage over 2 years.
I'm just not totally convinced yet but I would be pleasantly surprised with an early 2017 release.

FelipeMGM

Plus, I'm guessing EA wants a marketing hype cycle they can milk up to Xmas 2017.

Wasnt the game delayed already? It was a 2016 game at some point I think

OléGunner;219721208 said:
Dragon Age and Star Wars yeah? Well the first was cross-gen and not overly ambitious while the second had to coincide with Force Awakens release so the schedule was fixed tight.

With Mass Effect, all we've seen is dev diaries and 3 minutes of "walking" footage over 2 years.
I'm just not totally convinced yet but I would be pleasantly surprised with an early 2017 release.

I think Nirolak is talking about Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2

Wasnt the game delayed already? It was a 2016 game at some point I think

I think Nirolak is talking about Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2

Oh yeah Mass Effect was mooted as holiday 2016.

But even with those games you mentioned, BF1 is an annual release title like CoD basically and Titanfall 2 already had the first games framework to fall back on.
ME: A is a bit more unique in that there's tons more work for Bioware to do from the ground up which leaves it more susceptible to delays.

vonStirlitz

Unconfirmed Member
[Redacted as the member no longer wishes to be associated with this website, and the reputational damage and distress caused by association with this website. In addition, the user considers that the action of the management, and the nature of the site and members of its community, renders the original terms and conditions of this site void, and it unconscionable for either side to be bound to them. The user reasserts their IP rights in all content and does not give any authority for its continued usage on this website. Despite requesting that the user's account be deleted, in accordance with data protection rules which apply to this website over multiple jurisdictions, the admin team have failed to delete this account, requiring the user to take its own steps to ensure the valid deletion of data.]

GlamFM

Banned
OléGunner;219721208 said:

It was always further along than we were led to believe.

I saw a good chunk of footage 1,5 years ago - stuff that was never shown to this day.

Really think everybody wants shorter marketing cycles these days.

Given that release day, I wonder if it might not also arrive for launch on NX. Mass Effect 3 did launch for the Wii U back in the day.

Top Bottom