• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect Andromeda art book might have leaked the game release date (Mar 21st)

Release date is as expected, and definitely in line with EA's latest comments.

That said, I also wouldn't be surprised if it got delayed again.

Given that release day, I wonder if it might not also arrive for launch on NX. Mass Effect 3 did launch for the Wii U back in the day.
giphy.gif

It was always further along than we were led to believe.

I saw a good chunk of footage 1,5 years ago - stuff that was never shown to this day.

Really think everybody wants shorter marketing cycles these days.

Ahh cool!
I remember some random rumours last year that development wasn't moving along as great as Bioware wanted.

If they show nothing on N7 day then I'm convinced this game is still at least a year out.

Given that release day, I wonder if it might not also arrive for launch on NX. Mass Effect 3 did launch for the Wii U back in the day.

NX launch?
I cannot see that happening, Bioware's heads must be buried across PC/Xbone and PS4/PS4 Pro.

No point throwing resources at a platform whose sales potential is unknown.

Edit:

haha Big Boss laying down the truth.

jdstorm

Banned
OléGunner;219724415 said:
Ahh cool!
I remember some random rumours last year that development wasn't moving along as great as Bioware wanted.

If they show nothing on N7 day then I'm convinced this game is still at least a year out.

NX launch?
I cannot see that happening, Bioware's heads must be buried across PC/Xbone and PS4/PS4 Pro.

No point throwing resources at a platform whose sales potential is unknown.

Edit:

haha Big Boss laying down the truth.

That isnt strictly true. They have a baseline with Mass Effect 3s sales. It couldnt posibly be worse then that.

Not sure if it would be worth it or not for EA financially but of all EAs Active IPs it makes more sense on the NX then most.

eggandI

Banned
I would be extremely surprised if they release that game in March given how they haven't even shown the game off beyond a few secs of prototype footage, much less started their marketing campaign.

AHA-Lambda

OléGunner;219720662 said:
No chance this comes out early 2017.
I smell at least one delay before launch.

Plus, I'm guessing EA wants a marketing hype cycle they can milk up to Xmas 2017.

No way.

That sort of thing is getting far less common these days.

I would be extremely surprised if they release that game in March given how they haven't even shown the game off beyond a few secs of prototype footage, much less started their marketing campaign.

So wait. Nintendo can launch a console that we all have no idea what the name even is, let alone any features or software (apart from Breath of the Wild), but EA cannot release a single game along the same timeline? Anyone remember the build up for Mirror's Edge Catalyst? Me neither. The promos for Titanfall 2 seems anemic as well.

The only major ones I've seen from them are Battlefield 1. They can do a lot in a short amount of time. If they want extra promotion, they can try to make the NX launch.

That isnt strictly true. They have a baseline with Mass Effect 3s sales. It couldnt posibly be worse then that.

Not sure if it would be worth it or not for EA financially but of all EAs Active IPs it makes more sense on the NX then most.

The NX could crash and burn harder than Wii U, so ME:A sales on that hardware could even be less than the baseline you say.

But yeah I don't think EA will benefit financially from launching on an unknown platform in NX, rather wait a year then port over if it makes business sense.

No way.

That sort of thing is getting far less common these days.

How many big games are doing this?
Fallout 4 and Star Wars are the main ones I can think of (ignoring annual games)

The long hype cycle isn't fading with AAA games so much.

Sou Da

Wait you guys think this is definitely getting delayed but the NX which has shown even less is coming out at the same time?

I would like them to take as much time as possible to make game good. I did not enjoy reading article about crunch and long work times. I hope they take their time and make it good plus people working on the team are happy too.

Mexen

Andromeda is the first time since 2 that I am looking forward to the release of a Mass Effect game.

I have an art book preordered for like 2 years now thats for fire emblem awakening

i don't know if you can use this as a hint to a release date

~Cross~

No way, with what little they've shown and the fact it takes AT LEAST 3 months to work out the kinks on games there is a snowballs chance in hell that it releases in march.

Didn't they say the game is almost finished ? This sounds pretty plausible developers have said the game is damn near done and are following the Fallout 4 aporach in terms of marketing.

Would be shocked if it does not release in Q1.

EA has been extremely explicit in wanting shorter marketing cycles and saying that the campaign from Andromeda would begin later this year.

So March makes a ton of sense.

Ralemont

not me
Basically the only reason people think it won't hit that date is because of low marketing presence so far. Nevermind that BW has said months ago it was playable start to finish and EA said that the delay (remember it was already delayed once) was primarily to space out their releases. It's also going to be 5 years since ME3 was released. I think it'll hit the March date.

Top Bottom