• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 the biggest launch in DICE history - Infographic

Theorry

rendition1.img.jpg

https://www.battlefield.com/news/ar...ium=social&cid=25859&ts=1478538218236&sf50720

Love that Infographic, they don't get enough usage in marketing. Can only imagine the questions it will raise lol.

And more importantly congrats to DICE, I won't pick it up until next year but its good to know it will still have a pretty active userbase.

AEREC

Stats like these are annoying. Why not list player base numbers if it's the most successful BF entry.

Jb

That's a lot of meaningless data in one image.

Congrats to Dice :) Game's awesome.

VLEXP

Good for them, well deserved. Multiplayer will keep me busy for a really good while. Will have to try the campagn soon.

1. Biggest launch according to Daily Active Users.

So not actually biggest in sales, or how to read that?

I guess more players logged on for multiplayer? It sold more than BFH and BF4 on launch week in the Uk, but it ultimately sold much less than BF3.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=221269605&postcount=4

Does it seem like a lot of AAA games are selling much less than the last gen games of their franchises?

Good for DICE though. The game should have lots of legs.

Lister

Banned
Is it me, or did these infographic number releases used to be mroe meaningful, or useful?

This... this doesn't say anythign about what atleast epopel like us are interested in.

How about max concurrents, average time spent playing the game? Number of players? Breakdown accross territories, etc.

Who the fuck cares about pigeons?

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
Operations is the best thing to happen to the Battlefield series. I'm glad the community and DICE seem to recognize it, so it's expanded upon in later entries.

Is it me, or did these infographic number releases used to be mroe meaningful, or useful?

This... this doesn't say anythign about what atleast epopel like us are interested in.

How about max concurrents, average time spent playing the game? Number of players? Breakdown accross territories, etc.

Who the fuck cares about pigeons?

http://bf1stats.com to see the amount of players online currency.

Oshimai

Picked this game over TF2 last week - no regrets so far.

Hated the single-player component, but when I tried the multi-player... good lord I haven't had this much fun playing an FPS since Bad Company 2.

I guess more players logged on for multiplayer? It sold more than BFH and BF4 on launch week in the Uk, but it ultimately sold much less than BF3.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=221269605&postcount=4

Does it seem like a lot of AAA games are selling much less than the last gen games of their franchises?

Good for DICE though. The game should have lots of legs.

People really should factor how retail market has changed when you compare new games to their old prequels. When you factor how much higher digital ratio for consoles is nowadays compared to 5 years ago and how PC retail market has almost completely died (for example of those first week UK numbers retail version of BF3 still accounted over 40k copies (10%) back in a day) I am really not sure that BF1 sold that much less than BF3 during first week in UK.

These are just for fun, like those "fun facts" things you see all the time. Clean the sand from your pants people.

It is nice to see DICE making a comeback after 10 years of less than awesome Battlefields...

jaaz

Yes, but how many Pigeons made it? My heart always breaks a little when that little bird gets shot out of the sky.

And with this, I hope we see WW1/WW2/NAM games resurge

We've come full circle

Much of the new shooter IPs or reboots of old franchises are near/far future pretty much, many of them did very well. Unless big AAA publishers make new IPs that take place in WW1/2 I don't expect tons new ww1/2 shooters. You might see COD go back possibly, maybe not next year.

1. Biggest launch according to Daily Active Users.

So not actually biggest in sales, or how to read that?

When they obfuscate the numbers by celebrating number of hours spent etc it always means it's not the biggest in terms of pure sales. Pretty sure BF3 is the biggest entry in the series.

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Much deserved. I love the BF formula and very glad to see DICE getting another hit. I think DICE is EA's most consistent studio when it comes games that sell well, no? Well, it's mostly due to BF, but they know their shit. XD

I'm diving into Operations later this week again after playing a ton of TF2 MP. Can't wait for Supports to still not give ammo to Assaults to take out vehicles.

CHC

It's a phenomenal game and I'm happy to see that the risk they took with the World War I setting wound up paying off.

Auctopus

2 weather change average? ehh....

I don't know whether you're reading that as a positive or negative but it's an utterly useless measure anyway.

Matches range from 10 minutes to 1 hour. The longer games obviously have more changes but if you had 2-3 weather changes in a ten-minute game, it would just be weird/annoying.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I don't know whether you're reading that as a positive or negative but it's an utterly useless measure anyway.

Matches range from 10 minutes to 1 hour. The longer games obviously have more changes but if you had 2-3 weather changes in a ten-minute game, it would just be weird/annoying.

He's reading it as neither. He's reading it as a "I haven't honestly seen that." And I agree. Even in long Rush games (like 30-45 mins) I haven't seen fog or anything except like once or twice and it never really changed out.

I'm assuming they mean the "normal->weather effect of map->normal" anyway.

People on horseback are better at getting kills than people in tanks? WOW

Tank drivers ya'll should be ashamed.

Horses are fast and able to soak up infantry damage while barreling through them for roadkills (or sword kills). Not a big surprise they top roadkills.

Top Bottom