• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 the biggest launch in DICE history - Infographic

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I like everything about Battlefield apart from the gameplay, I put hours into the demo trying to make click with me but it never did. It just felt like I was spending a lot of time traveling then getting sniped or killed by vechiles which I found very boring, the actual gunplay was enjoyable it was just rare to actually come up against another player at close to medium range from my experience. CoD has always been my preferred series but they've been shitting the bed for years now with community splitting DLC and a heavy focus on gimmick mechanics instead of gunplay so I've skipped IW entirely. The only saving grace for me is Overwatch which I love yet I'm not playing it right now due to Legion, hopefully I get the urge to jump back into a FPS soon as they've always been one of my favourite genres.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I like everything about Battlefield apart from the gameplay, I put hours into the demo trying to make click with me but it never did. It just felt like I was spending a lot of time traveling then getting sniped or killed by vechiles

Then avoid being out in the open?

Nameless

Battlefield games need people playing and giving feedback to really get where they need to be, but the launch has been golden compared to pretty much every other game in the series. Well deserved.

Bishop89

its a solid game, and one of the biggest ips in the industry.
Pretty much flawless with minimal bugs.

Great effort Dice.

Jezbollah

Pretty much the entire map was out in the open? I'm not sure how I would attack a base without being out in the open.

You charge in looking for cover. Playing this game effectively is just about knowing your roles and how your loadout and class is best played in the map. If you are a sniper, then your role is pretty much at the perimeter sniping or spotting. If you are any of the other classes then you need to be in the thick of the action in the main buildings.

Using the map properly with your class of soldier you like to play with is crucial in both staying alive and also being effective in securing objectives.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Pretty much the entire map was out in the open? I'm not sure how I would attack a base without being out in the open.

G/F/C/D/B weren't in the open. D is arguable as is F but you had rocks and sand-dunes to cover you from snipers.

A and E were vehicle flags. Especially with the train in play.

B is a toss-up. It can be an infantry flag, but vehicles are able to enter it (like the tanks) to hold it.

In any case, you're complaining about the vehicles (which are OP bullshit compared to previous entries), so... I mean, the sandbox shooter isn't for you anyway.

Okay some tentative numbers based on the number of hours played:

"59 million hours played in just over a week"

If we limit this to 7 days, that's 168 hours so at worst if each player played for 168 hours straight that gives us 351,190 unique players (59,000,000 / 168).

Clearly people would not have played 168 hours so:

Each player played for
- 12 hours (84 hours a week) = 702, 380
- 8 hours (56 hours a week) = 1,053,571
- 6 hours (42 hours a week) = 1,404,761
- 4 hours (28 hours a week) = 2,107,142

Besaide

Is there anything better than bayoneting someone? Makes me giggle every time I hear that crazy scream as I rush forward and actually spear someone. I'll do it even if they have squad mates all around them, no ragrets.

Nightly fun is being had by my whole friend group. Almost have two squads full of people every night which never happens with multiplayer games. It's an incredible game. Bring on the DLC.

Everything shown except sales numbers/active users. We know COD was down about 50% over last year in the UK charts. I have a feeling battlefield won a significant amount of market share by taking a bite out of COD, but these figures dont help us with that.

bombshell

Okay some tentative numbers based on the number of hours played:

"59 million hours played in just over a week"

If we limit this to 7 days, that's 168 hours so at worst if each player played for 168 hours straight that gives us 351,190 unique players (59,000,000 / 168).

Clearly people would not have played 168 hours so:

Each player played for
- 12 hours (84 hours a week) = 702, 380
- 8 hours (56 hours a week) = 1,053,571
- 6 hours (42 hours a week) = 1,404,761
- 4 hours (28 hours a week) = 2,107,142

4 hours per day as an average? That's too high in my opinion.

bombshell

2 hours would put the sales over 4m, which is way too high.

Way too high? It was hitting 800k peak in concurrency number on Saturday in the first week, 2 million is too low. 14 hours weekly play time average across the whole player base is also a lot more plausible than 28 hours.

Top Bottom