• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Japanese GAFers: Are you standing in line for Wii? At all? Please?

8bit

Knows the Score
Gaijin To Ronin said:
We need a translation! (and thanks for the post before ;) )

"My hovercraft is full of eels" translated via babblefish. It's from the Hungarian Phrasebook sketch.

http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/python/Scripts/TheHungarianPhrasebookSketch

phrasebookyz2.jpg

私の場所、弾力がある弾力があるにもどって来たいと思うほしいか。

--

To get back on topic: are there midnight launches in Japan, or is that not done?

Ashodin

Vennt said:
Patience!

You think this board won't be inundated with pics the second they hit the net? Seriously?
Patience?? I SLEPT! That's enough patience for hours! Or maybe I was too excited and I had to sleep.. oh damn, I was too excited and COULDN'T SLEEP! Well, pics will be coming soon anyway!

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Maxrpg said:
Patience?? I SLEPT! That's enough patience for hours! Or maybe I was too excited and I had to sleep.. oh damn, I was too excited and COULDN'T SLEEP! Well, pics will be coming soon anyway!

it is 944 pm friday night here... no pics for you!

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Blackace said:
it is 944 pm friday night here... no pics for you!

944pm?

Oh my, Nintendo has broken the 4th Dimension... Sony is... :p

tetsuoxb

I passed by Yodo Umeda and they were loading the 11F parking lot.

Ultimately it looks like fun, but a preorder and a night of gears of war co-op over my LAN at home is more fun.

Amir0x

Banned
Nick said:
Are the lines comparable to the Ps3?

when i first saw the parking lot image, I thought it was the PS3 line - there was a shockingly similar picture for the PS3 launch.

Of course, Wii launch SHOULD be larger 'cause there's like 2-3x the # of units (and less scalpers, 'cause less profit)

V

Vennt

Unconfirmed Member
Wii purchase success causes man to ignore koala bear ****ing his arm, more at 11
photo-20061118-203544-0-06bf09f89cafa06d7a7a1ea859d4a92b.jpg

Acosta

8bit said:
"My hovercraft is full of eels" translated via babblefish. It's from the Hungarian Phrasebook sketch.

http://bau2.uibk.ac.at/sg/python/Scripts/TheHungarianPhrasebookSketch

phrasebookyz2.jpg

私の場所、弾力がある弾力があるにもどって来たいと思うほしいか。

--

To get back on topic: are there midnight launches in Japan, or is that not done?

:lol thanks.

According to Famitsu blog, Yodobashi @ Shinjuku says its sold out already.
They dismissed the line.
FYI, one of Yodobashi (lesser than Shinjuku one) is getting 1000 units or Wii.

Here you go.

http://www.famitsu.com/blog/express/

And someone posted 2ch that Yodobashi @ Akihabara also run out of Wii even though
they got 2000 units.

Nintendo-Inside is covering the event from Umeda.
http://www.nintendo-inside.jp/news/195/19589.html

They said there are around 1150 people judging from the numbers appeard on the ticket.

Edit:
Here's the alleged picture of the sign at Akihabara Yodobashi. It says...well you can tell.
The funny thing is that the biggest word is actually Chinese and not Japanese.

http://b.ihot.jp/bbs/users/detail.php?id=fang98028&seq_no=465128&rows=0

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
nope - no midnight launches
it's 23:38 here - just been for a romantic dinner in Shibuya but due to tiredness and the need to play Excite truck, i came home rather than check the queues :/

Britprog

Master_x said:
Will the console be lauching in 30 minutes in japan ?
I thought they only will be selling it in the morning...

I don't think so, a blog reported that that most stores will begin at 7am.

Its amazing that so many different ages of people are waiting for about 8+ hours.

Meier

It really is odd to see the broad spectrum of people who line up over there. In my Target line, it was all 20-somethings and of course mostly male (surprisingly about 1/4 were females though).

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
I got my JPN Wii early because my store broke street date WAY early (they called me at 1pm this afternoon)... but being the kind soul that I am, I gave it to sp0rsk. I really want to play Wario and some of the other JPN only titles, but I don't have the cash for both a US and JPN Wii, so it's for the better.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Oh god i hope not. Can Japan handle that? CAN GAF HANDLE THAT? Oh god :( someone think of the children.

Maxrpg said:
YES THANK YOU

TOO MUCH MOD DOMINATION IN THIS THREAD :O

00040158.jpg

:O

Wow, ain't that Masayoshi Son smiling while talking on the phone?

Oh and by the way, this just in: Akihabara Yodobashi Kamera - 2500 people lined up. Line closed. Sold out. すげぇ〜

samusx

Banned
So what is the SofMap situation in Kyoto near the station, I am sitting home now, but I was thinking about going down to wait. Is it pointless now, it is too late?

Or are there any crazy lines in Kyoto? I would like one so I dont want to go and find out it is useless even going.

Are they doing a lottery draw type thing or what? Is it just first come first serve?

Where is the best spot in Kyoto to go?

big_z

Wow, ain't that Masayoshi Son smiling while talking on the phone?

Oh and by the way, this just in: Akihabara Yodobashi Kamera - 2500 people lined up. Line closed. Sold out. すげぇ〜

No pics of that line?

Top Bottom