• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Lara Croft Go out now on PS4/Vita

Wanderer5

That last trophy with Mirror of Spirits is new I think. Wonder if that means new content (which hopefully will come to mobile then too!).

Gren

Should be nice to play this with proper controller support.

I played the Windows 10 version with a 360 controller simulating a mouse...that had to perform simulated touchscreen swipes :p

xrnzaaas

That's great, but I'll wait for a sale. Hitman GO was not worth full 10 Euro, around 60 linear puzzles (with at least half of them posing no challenge) and zero replayability. When it's for 5€ or less - sure.

That's great, but I'll wait for a sale. Hitman GO was not worth full 10 Euro, around 60 linear puzzles (with at least half of them posing no challenge) and zero replayability. When it's for 5€ or less - sure.
LC GO is double that, and evokes the concept with more mechanics, more advanced aesthetic, faster more adventure-y puzzles, and just all around excellent designed.

Their GDC talk on the process of translating Tomb Raider to a puzzler while still capturing the series' "essence of adventure" shows how much polish and care went into it

fernoca

So,Lara Croft GO looks stunning on Vita and plays great.
But,it also has 2 flaws compared to Hitman GO:

1. Relatively long loadings, sometimes around 10-15 seconds.
2. No cross-save.

Relatively small things that could be patched. Otherwise great gam and is $8 if youhave Plus.

As a note, game's bigger on Vita(over 1.1GB) than on PS4 (600MB). (EDIT:Scratch that,info says one thing but download is 1.6GB on PS4)

8bit

Knows the Score
Hey, how do you open the pots? I could tap them on the phone but can't seem to figure out the way to do it on console. There are fingerprints all over my TV.

8bit

Knows the Score
Hey, how do you open the pots? I could tap them on the phone but can't seem to figure out the way to do it on console. There are fingerprints all over my TV.

Ah, there is a cursor on the right stick. Don't mind me.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
The Vita version has the worst loading times I've seen in a long time. Horrible.

duckroll

If you don't think Hitman GO was worth it, you will probably not find Lara Croft GO worth it either. The majority of Lara Croft GO puzzles are easier than Hitman. In the entire main campaign, I only found the very end of it decently challenging. But when they released the first free DLC expansion, it got much better, so in that sense it's similar to Hitman GO, but the ratio is even worse imo.

I found Hitman GO to be pretty replayable because of the optional challenges in many of the stages. Encouraging different solutions. There is none of that in Lara Croft GO. Every stage is linear, and they compensate for it by being more visually interesting and more "cinematic" at parts.

Lime

Been playing this for some hours. It's very relaxing. I kind of prefer Hitman's use of Extras / Bonuses, where they were integrated into the gameplay.

In Tomb Raider Go, it's just pixel hunting for treasures and less exciting. I got all the extras in Hitman because they were fun challenges in each level, but here's it's a bit cumbersome.

Kremzeek

LC Go was super fun on the iPad - glad to see it getting more exposure!

they really did a great job of translating "Tomb Raider" into a puzzler.

Top Bottom