• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Breath of The Wild The Game Awards Trailer (Towns, Zelda, NPCs, etc..)

Smellycat

GOTY for sure

EDIT

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDFZIUdo764

Gameplay footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na1cIOmfBlU

WUCF47.gif

V8og6QnlfDvYA.gif

MILMMqu.jpg

MaxK5E9.gif

BAobUZ2.gif

KSj9iW1.gif

rtcn63

The cel-shading (or whatever you call it) did not look great in motion. But yeah, the game is still early, and any Zelda you can play completely with tactical controls is a good thing.

silentbum

Neo Member
I'm gonna assume that was totally a Rito too.

That along with the item descriptions from the E3 demo definitely lead me to believe this takes place after Wind Waker.

Zeeman

OK, in the end, that's Zelda, but the earlier shot looks like a woman wearing clothes very similar to Link's

rewkol

That was an excellent teaser trailer. Hopefully it will finally shut people up about there not being any towns or NPCs, and it also explained the floating city in the sky maybe. But at the same time there are so many new questions: why was link glowing? Is that Zelda? Can we fly too? Can I have the game now Reggie?

LotusHD

Banned
I won't lie, the trailer definitely made it seem that at the very least, Zelda is going to be more prominent than she normally is.

rekameohs

Banned
Eh, trailer's really nothing special. At least this'll finally quiet people that for some reason thought the overworld would be barren of villages.

The music is fantastic.

KingBroly

Banned
those were the vibes I got

emily rogers might have been right after all

It'd fit in line with what they said at E3 too, about how 'what would Zelda do?' or something like that.

Like I said, I'd rather have Zelda be playable. And I think, just based on the visuals of how she looked (Not like a Princess, gloves on, fist clenched, we're getting a character switch option at some point in the game, me thinks).

Griss

Holy shit finally! Finally they showed the stuff I needed to see!

Glorious redemption! Thank you God, I was so damn worried about this game, I really was. Oh man, anticipation just went through the roof.

Now my only question is why the e3 showing was so bad by comparison. Oh who cares, sweet sweet relief. Relief!

BY2K

Membero Americo
Why does it feel like there's gonna be a town building mechanic with training NPCs to fight off monster attacks?

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
Gorgeous music.

Did anyone else think that the shot of Hyrule Castle and the ruins looked like it was from 100 years in the past?

selo

Underwhelming :(. I guess drab looking open world vistas don't impress me much (blame W3), had they shown cool dungeon action or some interesting story element/teaser would have been better

Hexagon!

I don't think anything about the trailer implies the female character is playable.

But on the other hand...

LET ME PLAY AS ZELDA, PLEASE.

Top Bottom