• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Breath of The Wild The Game Awards Trailer (Towns, Zelda, NPCs, etc..)

watershed

Banned
Canyarion/ZeldaPodSmashers you are insane. No one else ever noticed Link is wearing ice climbing boots, ever since the E3 trailer!!

Check out his new analysis video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=769hllBQTlk

Maybe the it's not an ice climbing boot, but something you can attach to any boot?

Wow, that's interesting. Foot gear like this makes me wonder even more about the possibility of seasons. Of course it could just be for snowy environments as well. In the Great Plateau footage we saw Link walk in snowy areas but I don't recall him needing special boots or slipping around. Maybe you need these boots for climbing glacial mountains or something.

Canyarion

Neo Member
Thanks for the kind words, everyone! :) I enjoy doing some research for my analysis videos... and it helps that I can concentrate on just Zelda.
Wow, that's interesting. Foot gear like this makes me wonder even more about the possibility of seasons. Of course it could just be for snowy environments as well. In the Great Plateau footage we saw Link walk in snowy areas but I don't recall him needing special boots or slipping around. Maybe you need these boots for climbing glacial mountains or something.
Yeah that's what I suggested in that latest video. Spiked boots + warm trousers, so you can climb glaciers and visit even colder places.
I'll be analyzing the "normal" BotW in weekly videos, trying to uncover details that most miss. This is this week's analysis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=769hllBQTlk

Yay, GameXplain is up, I'll watch it asap to see what they found. :) And January 12 is getting pretty close... /hype

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Canyarion/ZeldaPodSmashers you are insane. No one else ever noticed Link is wearing ice climbing boots, ever since the E3 trailer!!

Check out his new analysis video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=769hllBQTlk

Maybe the it's not an ice climbing boot, but something you can attach to any boot?

Yeah that a was a real get.

Seems like the cold weather gear gets upgrades from warm top, but dinky shoes to real boots to boots with ice climbing cleats.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Neat that you still have control of the camera when the game pauses when you pick up a new item.

And the footage further confirms the game only pauses if the item you picked up is new.

Take that, Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword.

TheMoon

And the footage further confirms the game only pauses if the item you picked up is new.

Take that, Twilight Princess/Skyward Sword.

How much more confirmation did we need of that than Treehouse people saying this exact thing in all their E3 playthroughs :D

They went out of their way to comment on this :)

ReyVGM

I was initially excited about after watching the TGA gameplay footage in that jungle with the fact that you got hints towards your destination instead of the marking it on the map. The way Bill was playing made it look as if you actually had to explore to find that snake head, which you 'needed' to direct you toward the Dragon's Mouth.

But after watching the GameXplain analysis, my hype is kind of deflated since the snake head is extremely close to Kass, and the camera even pans up and shows it to you.

Hopefully other hints like those aren't as obvious as this one.

I'm sorry for bumping this, but I wanted to talk Zelda and didn't know where else to post this. If towns will have shops that you can buy weapons I hope those weapons have more durability since you're paying for them otherwise they'll be no point in buying any.

TheMoon

I'm sorry for bumping this, but I wanted to talk Zelda and didn't know where else to post this. If towns will have shops that you can buy weapons I hope those weapons have more durability since you're paying for them otherwise they'll be no point in buying any.

how dare you bump a thread with the last post being two days old!

This actually brings up a point I've been wondering about since E3 but never able to get confirmation on:

The number displayed under each weapon represents its attach power, but could it also represent the current durability? Meaning, as weapons degrade they wind up doing less damage?

If this isn't the case I don't really see any other way to keep track of the durability of the weapons, but if it is the case it's a very interesting mechanic.

TheMoon

This actually brings up a point I've been wondering about since E3 but never able to get confirmation on:

The number displayed under each weapon represents its attach power, but could it also represent the current durability? Meaning, as weapons degrade they wind up doing less damage?

If this isn't the case I don't really see any other way to keep track of the durability of the weapons, but if it is the case it's a very interesting mechanic.

it's literally just damage output. we've seen nothing so far that suggests otherwise.

it's literally just damage output. we've seen nothing so far that suggests otherwise.

I remember wondering this while watching the E3 footage... I thought I saw some of those numbers go down at one point which had me thinking they were durability values rather than damage values.

I guess if it is just damage I hope there's an indicator for durability too. It would have been interesting though if low durability weapons would did less damage.

TheMoon

I remember wondering this while watching the E3 footage... I thought I saw some of those numbers go down at one point which had me thinking they were durability values rather than damage values.

I guess if it is just damage I hope there's an indicator for durability too. It would have been interesting though if low durability weapons would did less damage.

maybe you saw the same type of sword or a similar sword with weaker stats or an enhanced version,

Top Bottom