• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Breath of The Wild The Game Awards Trailer (Towns, Zelda, NPCs, etc..)

ReyVGM

Why does it feel like there's gonna be a town building mechanic with training NPCs to fight off monster attacks?

MOTHERFUCKING YES

Noticed how the story vignettes looked as if a city was 'reviving'? There's also season changes, so there must be a time mechanic somehow.

Jawmuncher

I don't think this is Zelda if the other video is her.

WUCF47.gif

Since shouldn't this be Zelda?

xfJNmg.gif

The first GIF looks like it would be starting girl for a female link.
That or they do some sort of switcheroo, where you can pick to play as link or zelda

Framerate looked 15-25-ish.

Visually, the characters remind me of Mononoke-Hime, and I think the art direction is way stronger than the previous 2 titles.

I hope that on the smaller screen that it will look crisp. I also hope they will get a really nice locked fps.

meow

I'm all in for this game but yeah - the thing that blew me away most in the past two trailers has been the music. It's gorgeous.

phanphare

Banned

WUCF47.gif

xfJNmg.gif

That or they do some sort of switcheroo, where you can pick to play as link or zelda

the plot thickens..

rhandino

Banned
The Zelda with white gloves is the Zelda from Link time period.

The Zelda with dark gloves is the new Zelda of this brave new world

This trailer didn't do it for me, and I loved the previous trailer, aside from the awkward music cut. Also, I hope the Switch version is a tangible upgrade at least in resolution or temporal AA, because the IQ here leaves a lot to be desired, and this gorgeous art deserves better.

KingBroly

Banned
The Zelda with with gloves is the Zelda from Link time period.

The Zelda with dark gloves is the new Zelda of this brave new world

I could see them doing a time travel plot

like in Ocarina...and Skyward Sword...and Majora's Mask

This would take the cake, though

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

WUCF47.gif

xfJNmg.gif

More likely just a Zelda/Tetra style outfit change. One is ceremonial the other more practical out in the field. Link is kneeling in the last shot with the Master Sword on his back and their positioning looks to be like Zelda is addressing people behind the camera.

Who ever edited the trailer did a very poor job at telling us thats two different people, were that actually the case, by using super similar lower body shots for both.

Crayolan

WUCF47.gif

xfJNmg.gif

gif1=Zelda

gif2=Impa

Crayolan

It's fine to not be excited about the game, but the trailer is clearly not 'nothing'. Though it's definitely short.

Breath of the Wild is game I'm the most excited for right now. The trailer showed off very little. Zelda is in the game? Big surprise, Zelda in a Zelda game. Towns? We already knew that.

They've gotta be either teasing multiple protagonists or multiplayer, and I'm heavily leaning towards the former.
yxgSBL0.png

So kind of like a Rito but not exactly. Far more bird like.

Something can turn into a bird. Perhaps... something playable?

Why else would a bird have a bow like Link, right?!

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
From the other thread, gonna quote myself and add some pics.

Same flags?

Maybe. Most likely coincidence, Easter Egg. Having the game in that timeline would be so bizarre given everything else we've seen of it and what transpired in PH and ST.

Edit: Derp yes that is TP. Mistook you for someone else saying tapestry linked it to TWW.

They've gotta be either teasing multiple protagonists or multiplayer, and I'm heavily leaning towards the former.

Something can turn into a bird. Perhaps... something playable?

Why else would a bird have a bow like Link, right?!

Well it's not Link since it flew up in front of Link. But it's pretty cool. Most likely just a Rito with a new design. Not exactly that different from them in WW.

Top Bottom