• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Breath of The Wild The Game Awards Trailer (Towns, Zelda, NPCs, etc..)

phanphare

Banned
Theory time!

That's not female Link you're seeing. That's not Zelda. That's regular old male Link. The gloves are different probably because of the gauntlet. The bust is obviously a new item as well. Link can don fake breasts to fool enemies, or disguise himself to fool people.

I think the multiverse is about to be a thing in a zelda game

would explain how link could be a female in another universe and why there are elements of all 3 timelines in this game

GDGF

Soothsayer
I wonder if this has anything to do with breaking that final Zelda convention- playing by yourself.

Almost definitely not playable female link seeing as she has no sword or sheild and a bag that link does not (I don't think?) have. Just her feel seems very zelda-like

Hyoukokun

This reminds me a bit of (Last of Us spoilers)
Naughty Dog reps assuring everyone that Ellie wasn't playable in the run-up to that game. Whether it's Zelda, Impa, or someone entirely new, they're definitely hinting at big parallels between this new female character and Link.

fernoca

Maybe because people asked the wrong question, they got that answer.

People always asked for female Link or letting you change Link to female, but never asked if a new different female character was playable.

So its technically not a backpedal, neither was a lie: is not female Link, neither is a toggle. Is a new character.

Who knows. XD

Caelus

We've been able to play as Zelda in Spirit Tracks, they can just extend that concept to her actual human body and let her be a coop warrior character who can help you fight monsters, carry items and borrow weapons from.

Nanashrew

Banned
actually towns are kind of a downer

liked more the idea of a solitary game

well maybe the towns are mostly abandoned

Think of it as life after Hyrule. People have to find a place to live and caves are not always suitable. Some will build shoddy houses, some small villages. It's still very much a life in ruins after the end of a prosperous civilization. It will still be lonely in the vast world, with small refuges.

I'm thinking of stuff like Nausicaa in how there are vast open fields and tiny villages and deserted areas are sparsely sewn around the kingdom.

Yup, that's the game I'm most hyped for. Can't remember the last time I've been so hyped for something.

But you people need to temper your expectations. If it comes out and there are no gender options it's just going to make you all madder.

I thought the dev already made excuses why they will not have female playable?

They said they will not have Zelda playable. AFAIK, nothing else was said. Emilys rumor only said female playable but the Aonuma rebuttal never denied the possibility of another character. It was most likely the art of misdirection mixed with being asked too specific a question.

actually towns are kind of a downer

liked more the idea of a solitary game

well maybe the towns are mostly abandoned

Probably just a small number of villages or settlements. This game is clearly focused on nature and the wild. I don't think towns are going to be a major factor in this game at all.

Kathian

Banned
I still think the original SS plan was to play partly as Zelda - there are big gaps missing in the early game that I feel fitted that but they either ran out of time or could not make it work.

I think we will not have a male/female link but a gameplay mechanics that has both playable. Likely similar to how Windwaker managed different characters.

watershed

Banned
yxgSBL0.png

So kind of like a Rito but not exactly. Far more bird like.
More evolved loftwings or just differently designed Rito?

SalvaPot

Almost definitely not playable female link seeing as she has no sword or sheild and a bag that link does not (I don't think?) have. Just her feel seems very zelda-like

Zelda doesn't need a sword, she is a Magic user.

Also she could just pick up the weapons.

Aces&Eights

That looked fantastic. The score is freaking awesome, too. Please don't make me wait until Summer to play this, Nintendo.

Yado

I think they said "No Female Link." They didn't say anything about "No playable Female" now did they? Zelda, specifically.

He said Zelda wouldn't be playable either because Link wouldn't have anything to do.

The Zelda scenes are most likely cutscenes. I would be ecstatic if she was playable though.

Cynosure

hope Zelda is playable
new smash switch moveset.
new smash switch main costume, leave the princess gown to trash Peach/Rosaluma

Top Bottom