• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zelda Breath of The Wild The Game Awards Trailer (Towns, Zelda, NPCs, etc..)

Caelus

Breath of the Wild is game I'm the most excited for right now. The trailer showed off very little. Zelda is in the game? Big surprise, Zelda in a Zelda game. Towns? We already knew that.

Believe it or not, a lot of people didn't think there would be many towns or NPC's at all.. lol. I wasn't one of them, so I was ultimately disappointed with the length. Still, it's like water in a parched desert at this point, I'm happy to see anything other than the plateau gameplay.

They've gotta be either teasing multiple protagonists or multiplayer, and I'm heavily leaning towards the former.

Something can turn into a bird. Perhaps... something playable?

Why else would a bird have a bow like Link, right?!

Breath of the Wild.

Maybe Link can transform into other animals/races like Majora's Mask? it would make sense for traversing such an open world.

Aldric

This trailer didn't do it for me, and I loved the previous trailer, aside from the awkward music cut. Also, I hope the Switch version is a tangible upgrade at least in resolution or temporal AA, because the IQ here leaves a lot to be desired, and this gorgeous art deserves better.

That's my take on it too, it looks extremely rough graphically and this is a shame because the actual content is very promising. l suppose that was the Switch version too so that's a bummer.

Im not really fan of the direction of the game, I love the art style but i hate how everything looks dead and deserted. Makes the game feel super dry and the music doesn't help. Hopefully it has some normal music in this game.

Whether that was Zelda or a female Link it looks like you can fight as a female in this game. That fist clench at the end says it all.

K.Sabot

xfJNmg.gif

Ine1AkaF_400x400.jpg

Zelda, female Link, both? No matter what, I'm going to be disappointed if she isn't playable. This got me more interested in the game, earlier I felt a little more obligated to like it than actually being excited. I just really like the idea of finally giving a gender choice to players. Just like Samus is a badass warrior chick, why can't one of the Links/Zelda be one too?

Waiting for confirmation during the TGAs later tonight. It's the right thing to do.

Crayolan

They've gotta be either teasing multiple protagonists or multiplayer, and I'm heavily leaning towards the former.

Something can turn into a bird. Perhaps... something playable?

Why else would a bird have a bow like Link, right?!

Koroks are in the game, so Rito being in the game too isn't much of a stretch.

I am so fucking happy right now. My dream game is finally here. Thank you Nintendo for letting me play as a girl Link!

Uh, I wouldn't got that far yet. The first could be zelda and the 2nd could be a midna type character/ The first definitely had a zelda vibe to her, while I didnt fell that way about the 2nd

Well it's not Link since it flew up in front of Link. But it's pretty cool. Most likely just a Rito with a new design. Not exactly that different from them in WW.

Who better to teach him how to transform into a bird than a transforming bird?

(I didn't think this through.)

ElFly

actually towns are kind of a downer

liked more the idea of a solitary game

well maybe the towns are mostly abandoned

ElFly

Now I feel like I've read everything at this point. :p

it's a huge chance for bad dialog, bad tutorials, bad cutscenes, bad characters and "telling over showing"

there's basically no upsides

unless they are abandoned and creepy towns

The bird thing is wearing a scarf that looks awfully like Link's scarf in Hyrule Warriors.

Obviously, this means Lana is playable.

yep

f2hYrMV.jpg

also looks to be holding a sheikah slate

Theory time!

That's not female Link you're seeing. That's not Zelda. That's regular old male Link. The gloves are different probably because of the gauntlet. The bust is obviously a new item as well. Link can don fake breasts to fool enemies, or disguise himself to fool people.

Caelus

So the tunic worn by this girl:

Seems to specifically be the Champion Shirt that Link can acquire, presumably much later in the story:

And it looks like in this image, Link has the depowered Master Sword.

The two girls might both be Zelda at different points, wearing both the Champion Shirt and Royal Clothes, she might 'awaken' as Princess Zelda at a later point in the game. You might be able to control/coop with her like in Spirit Tracks, except she can fight as a regular warrior. Crossing thumbs!

Remember Aonuma did say he wanted to change the conventions or Zelda as far as single player goes!

http://www.bosskey.org/uploads/media/bp112_1358992383.png

Co-op would be an actual game changer for me. It seems like an open world game with presumably split screen multiplayer would be too demanding, but I'd love of they went for it, and included both character options for single player too. Make it online co-op with Journey still matchmaking or something and this could be a great way to start off Switch's online community right. People could make a lot of friend.

Ms.Galaxy

Female Link, playable Zelda, I don't really care which, I just want to play as a female protagonist.

Theory time!

That's not female Link you're seeing. That's not Zelda. That's regular old male Link. The gloves are different probably because of the gauntlet. The bust is obviously a new item as well. Link can don fake breasts to fool enemies, or disguise himself to fool people.

I'd take it!

Thoraxes

The two girls might both be Zelda at different points, wearing both the Champion Shirt and Royal Clothes, she might 'awaken' as Princess Zelda at a later point in the game. You might be able to control/coop with her like in Spirit Tracks, except she can fight as a regular warrior. Crossing thumbs!
Or maybe the one with the white glove is Zelda from the past, when Link was her knight before the collapse or w/e happened in this Zelda world.

Yall still think its female link after they already said it wasnt coming? Almost like port-begging lol stop it

Could have been a really early rumor build and they changed their mind.. Or it was really Zelda the whole time looking like Link. Maybe.. Just maybe. This is assuming that Zelda is indeed playable.

Neoxon

My guess is that Zelda was one of the sole survivors of whatever happened at Hyrule Castle, so she was forced to live much like Link is. The other scene with Link kneeling is likely when Zelda steps up as a leader (with princess garb & all) to challenge Ganon(dorf).

Top Bottom