• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Survival CO-OP Stream

Foxxsoxx

////////////////

UPDATE: PATCH IS OUT.

PATCH NOTES FOUND HERE.

https://www.unchartedthegame.com/wiki/patch-1-18-048

////////////////

Stream over, but you can watch the VOD on Naughty Dog's Twitch.

https://www.twitch.tv/naughtydog

New Trailer link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOG4DJaOF4I

I know a lot of people have waited for this for a while. The upcoming patch is bringing multiple things.

Survival Co-op

New Game mode - King of the Hill

2 maps, Prison and Train Wreck (Uncharted 2)

Classic Uncharted music returns in menus and gameplay. (hype)

New skins and customization items.

New 'flashback' (M4, Para 9, Deagle, Pak 80) weapons!

Color customization! 25 color combos for every skin in the game. (hype)

5 Survival difficulties. Easy Moderate Hard Crushing and Hardcore.

_____

Stated to release release tomorrow. Patch is 3.7gb.

They made some nice changes to Survival system in general from previous games.

Being able to jump into certain points of the 50 waves sounds good. Drop in Drop out with buddies in the middle of rounds

Minigun is back!

Cartho

Gonna be well up for some co-op with GAF. Is there a community for Uncharted / a thread where we can organise it?

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Twitch just keeps playing commercials... wtf.

*never opens twitch again*

Revven

For weapons you have to pay for them, for character customization either you pay or earn them.

You can get weapons for free as well. Same way you can skins and customization stuff. It's just gonna cost you 3,000 relics.

Morrigan Stark said:
Any couch coop?

No splitscreen. There is a solo mode with AI partners but that's it.

Missed the beginning of the stream, does anyone know if there's a survival mode option similar to U2 where you strictly survived waves of increasingly difficult enemies, or is all the objective stuff mandatory now?

I don't mind the objective stuff but sometimes I just like holding down a space and shooting enemies.

Revven

Missed the beginning of the stream, does anyone know if there's a survival mode option similar to U2 where you strictly survived waves of increasingly difficult enemies, or is all the objective stuff mandatory now?

I don't mind the objective stuff but sometimes I just like holding down a space and shooting enemies.

Pretty sure it's mandatory. Has been that way since UC3's co-op. There's no option for just straight survival only (as in no other objectives).

What? So this isn't really co-op at all then?

It's co-op online, not offline.

The Lamp said:
Wait so we're not going to get campaign co-op missions?

Doesn't seem so but do you really think they could even do co-op adventure when they're simultaneously doing The Lost Legacy and have to work around VA schedules in general? Co-op adventure was possible in the previous games because they scheduled it as part of the whole game and all the actors are ready to be used during that time.

TripOpt55

Wow. Loving the looks of this update. Cool they are adding color options to skins too. Wasn't expecting that. Co-op looks incredible. I like the looks of the new maps. I definitely need that Warrior Elena skin.

Foxxsoxx

Wow. Loving the looks of this update. Cool they are adding color options to skins too. Wasn't expecting that. Co-op looks incredible. I like the looks of the new maps. I definitely need that Warrior Elena skin.

Yeah coming in clutch with the colors, they look great.

Easily the biggest update since launch :)

SomTervo

Hmmm im a bit bummed out that it doesn't have a "coop story" mode like in UC2 and 3. I would have especially liked just a re-hash of a level or two from the story mode.

Shin-Ra

Get Train-Wreckt is a trophy!

There's a new trailer for tomorrow's release, not on the PlayStation YouTube yet.

Juno

LIAR and a FELON
They showed a really good launch trailer for Survival mode straight after the stream (different to the original one we saw), which I've been trying to find online but no luck!

Hoje0308

Banned
Are the new maps available for competitive play as well?

Huh?

If you mean for finding matches, its always been amazing. I find matches instantly.

Don't think I've ever heard anyone say this about U4's matchmaking. It's dog shit in my experience and easily inferior to every other game I've played since BF4. And at least Battlefield saw some improvement.

Ozorov

They showed a really good launch trailer for Survival mode straight after the stream (different to the original one we saw), which I've been trying to find online but no luck!

Juno
LIAR and a FELON
(Today, 10:32 PM)

Don't believe you.

/s

Top Bottom