• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Phil Spencer on Phantom Dust HD release- "Should ship before E3"

Theorry

untitledy7spl.png

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/825773179138215936

Really looking forward to play it again. And hopefully we get it before E3 as that is a great time to release such a game. Why kind of price you guys expect for the game?

New Features for Xbox One and Windows 10 PC:
• Xbox Live Arena support integrated
• Play on Windows 10 PC or Xbox One seamlessly with cross-saves, retaining all of your progress and in-game items between both platforms.
• Cross-device play lets you play against friends regardless of platform.
• Full Xbox Live feature set of the original game, including downloading top player’s arsenals to practice against them – a feature not available since the original’s release!
• Looking for Group on Xbox Live so you can find and connect with other gamers more easily than ever.
• Multiplayer starter arsenals are included. Jump right into multiplayer with a better selection of skills!
• The Multiplayer skill shop is no longer tied to solo player progression. All skills are available for purchase immediately for multiplayer use.
• Improvements to game balance and frame rate

32-ibpgX7Acm8J9CO.gif

element

Curious who they ended up hiring to do the work and what they were able to improve. It is going to be a 12 year old game by the time. While updates to games like Uncharted Series and Last of Us and many other PS3 to PS4 games are great, we are talking an Original Xbox to Xbox One port. Hopefully they can put a new coat of paint on things outside of just improve framerate and resolution increase.

Theorry

Curious who they ended up hiring to do the work and what they were able to improve. It is going to be a 12 year old game by the time. While updates to games like Uncharted Series and Last of Us and many other PS3 to PS4 games are great, we are talking an Original Xbox to Xbox One port. Hopefully they can put a new coat of paint on things outside of just improve framerate and resolution increase.

This pretty intresting.

"In an interview with Polygon following the announcement, Spencer said he had only learned of this remake three weeks prior, as the effort to craft it was led by Shannon Loftis, the head of publishing for Microsoft Studios. According to Spencer, Loftis was able to use internal funds to support its development, keeping it a secret outside of Microsoft Studios, and then revealed the trailer to Spencer prior to the Expo, noting that the game was almost done at that point."

WadeitOut

People are pretending like the Crash Bandicoot remake looks good and that the original was a good game. So i'd say this has a chance.

kyser73

This pretty intresting.

"In an interview with Polygon following the announcement, Spencer said he had only learned of this remake three weeks prior, as the effort to craft it was led by Shannon Loftis, the head of publishing for Microsoft Studios. According to Spencer, Loftis was able to use internal funds to support its development, keeping it a secret outside of Microsoft Studios, and then revealed the trailer to Spencer prior to the Expo, noting that the game was almost done at that point."

That says a lot about the management culture as MS Studios.

SOR5

Something about OG Xbox games have aged very very well, like the Gamecube

Gothos

Damn, as it is quite a low profile release I thought they'll release it on Windows 7 too. Seems like it's Win10 only, though :(

Naked Lunch

Awesome.
I actually thought this game was cancelled (unless that was only the full blown remake?). I never got to play it back in the day and it was on my to-buy list for years.

RaffAO

This game has 'aged well' because the graphics were absolutely extraordinary for an Xbox game to begin with.

Havoc2049

This pretty intresting.

Give Shannon Loftis a bonus and a promotion!

Where is the trailer? I could only find the old E3 trailer of the cancelled reboot.

This game has 'aged well' because the graphics were absolutely extraordinary for an Xbox game to begin with.

Incredibly strong art design also goes a long ways, particularly a focus on surreal visuals. If Phantom Dust was originally trying to present realistic human cities it might have aged a lot worse than it did.

Honestly the only original element that would look funny today is probably the textures, which are obviously extremely low resolution by modern standards. Even just replacing ground textures with better versions would significantly upgrade the visuals.

This is one of my all-time favorite games, cannot wait for the HD release.

Raide

I love the fact this game is coming back. Such a hidden gem. Hopefully exposure to try game might prompt a sequel! Crossplay is also a great addition. Should keep it alive.

Clive

Looking forward to finally playing this. It's gonna be a digital release, right? Was looking for a pre-order listing on Amazon but came home empty handed.

What the fuck has crash go to do with anything?

I guess it's in response to this..

And I kinda agree with that reply. If Crash Bandicoot, a PS1 game, can get a port/remake, any XBOX, GC or PS2 title could too

robotrock

Banned
Is it really HD release? I thought that resolution will be same as on original xbox.

JBksSLf.png

It would be so insane if this really did not render at a higher resolution

And I kinda agree with that reply. If Crash Bandicoot, a PS1 game, can get a port/remake, any XBOX, GC or PS2 title could too

Crash was highly successful. Of course, any Xbox/GC/PS2 game could get a port/remake, but there needs to be a reason or something. No one is going to port the PS2 version of A Nightmare Before Christmas over.

Vazduh

It would be so insane if this really did not render at a higher resolution

Crash was highly successful. Of course, any Xbox/GC/PS2 game could get a port/remake, but there needs to be a reason or something. No one is going to port the PS2 version of A Nightmare Before Christmas over.

C'mon, even if they don't remaster anything, the game will be widescreen, 1080p/60fps. It would be ridiculous to just put the port online without adjusting the UI or the resolution.

Top Bottom