• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

A japanese developer (Media.Vision?) opens job vacancy, hints at 3 new titles.

desmax

http://tech.workport.co.jp/details/401009903/

The source doesn't really say the name of the company, but it does mention that it's the developer behind Wild Arms, Chaos Rings and the Shining series, so it's easy to assume that it's Media.Vision

The hiring page does give a hint for 3 new games that they are possibly working on:

PS4/ロングセラーシリーズ作品/ファンタジックRPG
PS4/リメイク作品/戦場RPG
PSVita/ロングセラーシリーズ作品/育成RPG

Translation, by twitter user @bk2128
- Long-seller fantasy RPG for PS4
- Battlefield RPG remake for PS4
- Long-seller raising RPG for PSV

Battlefield could mean Valkyria Chronicles, so if I have to guess, they might do a remake of the PSP titles?

They also did Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth, so I'd guess the raising RPG is a new Digimon game.

Takao

Banned
I think it's far more likely those are projects they've worked on. Valkyria Revolution, Valkyria Chronicles PS4 and Digimon Story: CS all fit those descriptions. Media Vision has like 80 people. I kind of doubt they can handle three new consumer games at once. Maybe 3 mobiles one ;p

No way are they making another Digimon game for Vita. I'm with Takao on that one, it's a list of projects they've worked on.

desmax

I think it's far more likely those are projects they've worked on. Valkyria Revolution, Valkyria Chronicles PS4 and Digimon Story: CS all fit those descriptions.

It's on the job description, so I'd guess it's hinting at what the person would work on.

Did they work on Valkyria remaster?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
Valkyria Chronicles 2 was a piece of shit.
Valkyria Chronicles 3 was great (and better if you didn't play much of 2 and thus hadn't gotten bored of all the repeated maps)

So if they do a remake, they should only do 3.

It's on the job description, so I'd guess it's hinting at what the person would work on.

Did they work on Valkyria remaster?

Yeah.

They made VC3, the PS4 port of VC1, and Azure Revolution.

They're basically the head studio of the series after WOW Overworks (VC1 devs) was shuttered.

Honestly, I'd rather a VC3 remake, but I'd take a VC2 remake too. There's some potential VC2 had that was squandered by a serious lack of direction, and a very cynical absence of ambition in its development. Be interesting to see what it could be with the VC3 team in full control instead of merely being a slice of the pie of disorganized outsourced contractors that was VC2's dev team.

Ydelnae

I hope that they are developing the next Digimon Story game and they keep taking notes from Persona. Cyber Sleuth was fantastic and if they improve the formula they could really serve a masterpiece.

Top Bottom