• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ni no Kuni II's Development is 45% Complete

Exentryk

Kingdom Building in Ni no Kuni II is definitely a major subject, but could you tell us about any new systems in terms of game play?

Akihiro Hino, CEO: A new system that is precisely for the kingdom building will appear. That said, you’re not going to actually build kingdoms yourself, but it’s a system that revolves around placing staff [to construct]. Players will get to decide on what kind of kingdoms they’ll make, so they’ll get to enjoy having their own kingdoms that are different from other players’.

Again this is a different element from the kingdom building, but the field maps are being drawn in diorama-like fashion, and there’s a very big secret to it that involves one other “major new system.”

I can’t say more about it, but this single system alone is enough to make you want to make a game around it, and it’s a highly anticipated system for us.

It’s also noted that Ni no Kuni II’s development is currently at 45% complete.

As a reminder, game is planned for release on PS4 and PC in 2017.
See you in 2019.

via Siliconera

Magikoopa24

Neo Member
Early 2018 already looks great- maybe we might just see it on the Switch, at this rate (though whether or not it's a ps4 console exclusive, we've yet to see).

class-of-2018-women-s-t-shirts-women-s-t-shirt.jpg

Sigh.

COMPLETION PERCENTAGES QUOTED BY JAPANESE DEVELOPERS ARE MEANINGLESS.

Someone's 70% could easily be another person's 30%.

Hey now, people being hopeful for switchports have been saying things like this since the console got announced- I'm just saying my hope for this one due to how early the game is at the moment.
There hasn't been a single ni no Kuni thread without the switch begging just be excited for the platforms its announced for now

RexNovis

Banned
What the hell is it with Japanese developers giving arbitrary percentage to completion numbers. That's not really how game development works hence the frustration when debts say it high % complete but not due out for a long time as % complete tells you almost nothing about estimated time to completion. I really wish they would stop doing this.

Dark_castle

Kingdom building system sounds cool. Maybe they're trying to recapture that Dark Cloud magic.

Speaking of which, everyone stop what you're doing right now and start reading Kingdom (if you haven't yet)!!!

jiggle

So excited for the new Georama

I hope it's the familiars doing the building if they are not gonna fight

Magikoopa24

Neo Member
There hasn't been a single ni no Kuni thread without the switch begging just be excited for the platforms its announced for now

Apologizes, I haven't visited said threads- I am excited for the fact that it's coming to PC and will hopefully be able to grab it there.

On topic, hearing that Japanese percentages are usually not as accurate as one might think leads me to believe it's still possible it'll make 2017. Still, considering we haven't seen gameplay, I'm very doubtful of such an outcome.

Nimby

Banned
Might as well delay it and put familiars back it. It's the only way I'll buy it.

I'll still buy it, but really sad my bro Mitey is gone

Apologizes, I haven't visited said threads- I am excited for the fact that it's coming to PC and will hopefully be able to grab it there.

On topic, hearing that Japanese percentages are usually not as accurate as one might think leads me to believe it's still possible it'll make 2017. Still, considering we haven't seen gameplay, I'm very doubtful of such an outcome.
We've seen small snippets at the very least there was some previews as well from sites if you wanna check those out

Nozomi

Banned
So hyped for it and still can't believe it also comes to Steam.

How far we have come in the last 2-3 year's.

I don't get Japanese devs. I remember some dev was like "it's impossible to properly judge game development in percentages" yet percentages are constantly given out.

Shame for the Ni No Kuni fans though. Hopefully they put the game out without rushing or cutting corners.

zelas

So its going to be the first of several japanese games to be crammed into the Jan-Mar window like we're seeing now? Alright then.

Sigh.

COMPLETION PERCENTAGES QUOTED BY JAPANESE DEVELOPERS ARE MEANINGLESS.

Someone's 70% could easily be another person's 30%.

Huh? What does that matter? We're not comapring it to other people's completion time. But if they say it's only 45% done then that's their own estimate for how long it'll take. And seeing as how this game was first reveal in 2015 and 2 years later it's only at 45% I see no way how they could make the 2017 target.

Welp, we can scratch that off the 2017 list.
It was a nice thought.

Maybe a delay to 2018 would open the door for a remaster of the first game to come out this fall?

JayEH

What the hell is it with Japanese developers giving arbitrary percentage to completion numbers. That's not really how game development works hence the frustration when debts say it high % complete but not due out for a long time as % complete tells you almost nothing about estimated time to completion. I really wish they would stop doing this.
Japan gonna Japan.

Sesha

Hah, I just had a discussion with one of my friends about 2017 game releases, and he mentioned looking forward to NnK2. I'll hate to break this to him.

Hoje0308

Banned
Biggest surprise of the thread is the number of people that think they can use this percentage to accurately predict the time left to completion. There's a reason most of the industry stopped doing this years ago.

jjonez18

So they are gonna pull a Sony. Game ends up being done by late holiday season. Just so happens that the newest FIFA, CoD, Destiny, Star Wars, etc... launches then. Delayed to Early 2018. Is awesome.

aadiboy

Huh? What does that matter? We're not comapring it to other people's completion time. But if they say it's only 45% done then that's their own estimate for how long it'll take. And seeing as how this game was first reveal in 2015 and 2 years later it's only at 45% I see no way how they could make the 2017 target.
It's only been a year and a month since it was revealed tho

Top Bottom