• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris releasing April 25 NA, April 28 EU

It'll be nice to have a good Nintendo multiplayer game to play with friends that isn't the 1000th round of Mario Kart, or the billionth round of Smash.

GDGF

Soothsayer
I'm going physical with most of my Switch games, but this (and other puzzlers) are going right into memory,

Great to know a release date. I'll be getting the physical Switch edition myself. So glad this is coming to the west! Can't wait to play it.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
It'd be cool to feel each horizontal move with HD Rumble. Seems so easy to implement, I hope they will do it.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
30 bucks for the digital version is pretty nice - might get the Switch version.

Fhtagn

No digital on PS4 is a bummer cuz this is the kind of thing I'd want digital, something I'd dip into regularly in short intervals.

Still buying. I was gonna import it at some point so domestic physical is better than that.

Weird that PS4 is less expensive physically but doesn't have the digital version.
Don't really get the price discrepancy.
Switch would probably be the better platform for the game but the physical price being so high is a bit of a deterrent
Also probably would've been smart to release it a week earlier, lol

Scrawnton

Day one digital on Switch. I started messing around with Tetris on gameboy on my 3DS and it brought back so much nostalgia. I'm definitely in for this game.

i never played a Puyo Puyo game

ramparter

Banned
I'm glad that digital is cheapr though I expect physical to be even less after a couple of months.

edit: should have read better, the just charge more for the keychains

Weird that PS4 is less expensive physically but doesn't have the digital version.
Switch would probably be the better platform for the game but the physical price being so high is a bit of a deterrent

The Switch version is a special edition with 2 keychains. That's worth an extra $10 to me, and something I'll actually use which is more than I can say for most special edition crap.Also, the special edition with the keychains is just for the first print run of the game, so snap it up soon if you want them!

Oregano

Same day as one of the biggest Switch games... It's not like there's a plethora of empty release slots or anything. What a terrible decision.

After watching the Giant Bomb quickplay, I am all over this game
I remember reading that Ubisoft currently owns the the license to distribute Tetris digitally but the contracts were only on console released at that time. Switch wasn't announced by the time the contract was made so it gets a digitial version due to the loophole. The physical price discrepancy is probably due to the keychain, its a first run thing.

Jacce

Banned

Switch is getting a special edition release, the PS4 is not. That is why the Switch one is more expensive.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I'm terrible at Puyo Puyo (can't plan out chains no matter how much practice I get) but I love Tetris and those keychains are awesome, so this is going on the buy list.

Crayon

Seems like a must buy for me. There's not going to be a lot to choose from but this is a perfectly accessable 2 player game to try out the joycon sharing.

Tain

As an owner of the PS3 version, I would get this on release if I could play 4-player with extra Wiimotes. That's not possible though, right? The main appeal would be a very portable way to play 4P Puyo, but getting another two joycons seems steep.

Top Bottom