• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Puyo Puyo Tetris releasing April 25 NA, April 28 EU

Miker

Getting the PS4 physical version for $24 from Amazon. So excited to finally have the series here in the West.

Yessss!

I'm opting to pay the extra 10 bucks to be able to have it on the go with Switch instead of PS4 because this is a perfect portable game that I'll play forever. But I really hope this doesn't become standard practice.

It looks fun, I'll probably buy it when I can get a deal. I really wish we could get a remaster of GameBoy Tetris though.

jonno394

They really charge 10USD more for the Switch version because of including those 0.25USD keychains?

No, they're probably just taking advantage of the post launch switch game prices (everything will be somewhat overpriced for 6 months or so I bet), and maybe factoring in any extra costs they have to pay for having it on a memory card vs disc which I believe is slightly more expensive.

Cepheus

Will the keychains come with the EU Switch version? I swear I read somewhere that that was an Americas-exclusive thing.

They really charge 10USD more for the Switch version because of including those 0.25USD keychains?

Licensed keychains are usually $4.99-$9.99 when I've purchased them, the cost of manufacturing them is not what their value is. Otherwise soundtrack cds in special editions would be worth cents as well.

Day 1 digital on Switch - I am going to fuck people up on online.

I hope there is a nice active community for this game that sticks around. I know my wife will play like two times total and I'm hoping to get some serious multiplayer in with this one.

How is the community for the versions already released in Japan?

jonno394

Just found out that not only will it be £35 in UK but there'll also be no keychains! Time to import then, will work out the same price.

Edit - actually if that's the rrp i might be able to get it for sub £30 somewhere. Hmm, screw the keychains

Doorman

Done and done! The variety of modes present here is a perfect fit for the Switch's concept. I plan to get it digitally day one.

I'm still trash at Puyo, though.

Clipse

Still bummed about no PS4 digital, but will still buy physical day one. I've been wanting to play this game for a long time.

Its almost as if printing a Blu Ray is cheaper than a 1GB flash game cart. Better get used to it now. On the plus side, they will likely hold their value better than the disc based counter part.

BiggNife

Reminder that the retail version is only $32 with prime so I'm probably going to pay the extra $2 for the keychains because why not.

Social

I could have done without the Anime style of the characters, horrible voice acted conversations and the Anime cries, but it still looks real good!

emb

Was kinda hoping for earlier April or even late March to kinda space out the Switch release dates.

But I don't really care much either way. Planning to get this one for sure.

MrFortyFive

Switch physical day 1. I've been wanting to get into Tetris for years and have only heard good things about Puyo so it seems a decent place to start. As others have noted, not having a dpad is a concern, but I'll have a pro controller sooner or later so I guess I can use that if the other control schemes are lacking.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Excited for this to come out. Glad it's coming out around when Mario Kart is, I'll be buying both of those along with a Switch for my partner.

Top Bottom