• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Horizon Zero Dawn - The Machines Videos

FelipeMGM

Shinobi said a couple days ago that Sony would start posting videos detailing the machines in the game, and here they are

Thunderjaw
300px-Thunderjaw.png

Snapmaw

Stormbird

Behemoth

If they release more of them, I'll add them here when they are out

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Wow that music is amazing. Hopefully I can play the game and avoid fighting a Thunderjaw, I don't have time for them. Too powerful.

lcap

Holy hell at the Snapmaw attack. Felt like a true predator.

Man, it's amazing to see that a lot of thought went into creating these machines, and to think there are 26 of them! Amazing.

With all the attack tells and precise weakpoints, combat seems to be more akin to that of dual stick shooters and arcadey shooters like Vanquish than the typical running-and-gunning of a GTA or Far Cry

That's good because you can change up encounters dramatically with different combinations of enemies

YawZah

Neo Member
I really need to stop watching these videos, I'm going to spoil so much of the game for myself! But looks great!

wapplew

Stormbird and Behemoth tomorrow? These 2 didn't show up on previews.
Snapmaw look more danger than Thunderjaw.

Btw, any news on model viewer mode?

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I'm only going to watch the Thunderjaw video as I think I'd like to just play the game and discover the abilities, attacks, weaknesses, etc. of the other machines. What I did see was pretty impressive on top of what I already knew. Great stuff all around

silva1991

I wonder if thunderjaw gonna be the strongest machine in the wild.

Stormbird and Behemoth tomorrow? These 2 didn't show up on previews.
Snapmaw look more danger than Thunderjaw.

Btw, any news on model viewer mode?

Wut. After calling it that, I will be disappointed if it's design isn't half as good is FF's behemoth

behemoth_by_serparon.jpg

I feel that this game is being more marketed than Uncharted 4 in its time. This is Stranger Things level of marketing haha.

I wonder if they're 100% robot, or if they're the MetalGarurumon type and are just covered in metal but are actual living, organic beings.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
What are those special abilities? Like, can you use the machines/animals abilities for your advantage?

zkorejo

I feel that this game is being more marketed than Uncharted 4 in its time. This is Stranger Things level of marketing haha.

I hope this game is as good for games as Stranger Things was for a tv show.

Snapmaw looks so cool. When he shot at its throat it froze for a second.

Top Bottom