• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies and/or shows you're pretty sure nobody has thought about in a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfxtwin

Examples:

5110C88T69L._SY445_.jpg

51LrCnY%2BTXL.jpg

Small Soldiers pops up in threads all the time. Pretty sure I just saw it in the "describe your sex life" thread.

I'll guess Savannah Smiles.

Jezan

The Dark Oracle, it was about two siblings that had a comic counterpart but the ones in the comic where evil or at least mean.

TheChaos0

Sketchbook ~full color's~

Very early example of really good slice of life anime.

I keep thinking about it every so often even though I haven't seen it! I don't know why!

Now when was the last time you thought of Lexx, the finest of weird sci-fi? Never? I thought so.

Lexx-cast.jpg

MindofKB

Hulk Hogan's TV show, Thunder in Paradise.

When I was a kid, I'd always watch it out of boredom. I didn't find u=out until just recently that it was only on for one season.

Annubis

Project URTA.

Some obscure 3d animation thing from years ago.
Hell, I'd be surprised if anyone even knows about it at all.

Fuchsdh

p52543_p_v8_aa.jpg

I only saw this once, as a kid, and I'm sure it wasn't great. But I still think about it regularly. Somehow it stuck in my consciousness as a kid.

Maybe the idea of world powers solving issues with mech fights rather than wars just remains appealing.

kamineko

Does his best thinking in the flying car
Azumanga Daioh? The few times somebody has commented on my avi or GIFs it's "man, I can't believe I forgot about that show"

Similar things have happened with Excel Saga

My brother and I went to see this because of Ebert's rather interesting review. The showing we went to was about 1/4 full. At the time, we had been taking these herbal laxatives, called Colon Clenz, to cut weight. They gave us insanely bad farts. Anyway, during the show, we both had an attack and started unleashing these really toxic fumes. It just smelled like death. Someone started retching. Some people were laughing and joining in, belching and making fake fart noises. One couple made the mistake of trying to escape the aerosolized feces storm and ended up sitting right in front of us, not knowing that we were the culprits.

Then it got really bad.

I don't really remember much of the movie, but I am almost crying as I type this. We destroyed that theater.

Solaris (2002). Directed by Stephen Soderberg. I think I prefer this one over the original as it feels like a much tighter movie imo. Amazing synth score by Cliff Martinez. I know I've never heard the film mentioned here but I think it's a great remake.

Also Schizopolis (1996) which was also directed by and starring Soderberg. Pretty out-there and unusual movie. It's amazing but I doubt many have heard of it.

Loxley

Hey remember that time there was a Men in Black cartoon
and it was pretty damn cool?

orydkrQ.gif

Also, I don't think I've seen anybody mention Big Guy & Rusty in about 15 years.

sTToNkN.gif

p52543_p_v8_aa.jpg

I only saw this once, as a kid, and I'm sure it wasn't great. But I still think about it regularly. Somehow it stuck in my consciousness as a kid.

Maybe the idea of world powers solving issues with mech fights rather than wars just remains appealing.

I think about that movie way more than I should. I tried to rewatch it as an adult (probably late 90s) and it didn't hold up, but something about it seemed awesome as a kid.

I was watching that Spawn cartoon fairly recently.

My contribution is the TV Show "THE GOOD GUYS" absolutely loved it while it lasted and was sad it got cancelled

liquidtmd

Banned
MV5BNGU0M2JhYzItNDg3ZC00Y2Q5LWFiZWUtZjRiNmVjZmRiNjNkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTgxOTIzNzk@._V1_.jpg

I'm curious GAF. I'm 34 and in the UK. When growing up my parents exposed me to the Carry On series and culturally you could still feel them a bit.

Nowadays - I don't see an easy way for it to appeal to younger newer viewers at all (despite what the picture above would imply otherwise).

I suspect it's new fans will be fewer and fewer. Am I wrong? It will always be good to me

TheBowen

Sat alone in a boggy marsh
I think about small soldiers a lot. One of my favourite childhood films of I'm honest

For me, it's Fillmore. The Disney show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom