• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Movies and/or shows you're pretty sure nobody has thought about in a long time

Status
Not open for further replies.

CREMSteve

I grew up on this one, six days a week. I doubt anyone outside of Alberta would recognize it though.

TwNXI9p.jpg

2XLL7dVl.jpg

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century.

As a kid this was my show. I made model kits of the spaceships, watched al the episodes. It was basically CHiPs in space. So much disco!
DmEeUyQ.gif

Here's Boomer

Battle of the Network Stars

Pink Lady and Jeff

Automan

Starman

The Powers of Mathew Star

Freddy's Nightmares

Friday the 13th The Series

Werewolf

Poltergeist: The Legacy

War of the Worlds

The Dark Room

Cliffhangers

I'm very sure that no one wants to remember or think about these awful tv shows.

Some of you are awesome at this, while others are terrible... you know who you are.

The Muppet Musicians of Bremen

th

muppetbremen.gif

These guys were nightmare fuel. Really, looking back, Jim Henson's stuff scared the shit out of me half the time.

noquarter

Meet The Stupids with Tom Arnold, featuring the song "I'm my own Grandpa". Couldn't even find the cover for it.

David The Gnome. Show was pretty good when I was a kid. Haven't seen it in forever though.

gfxtwin

DangerMouse.jpg

The_Langoliers_(TV_miniseries).jpg

MV5BMjEwMzgzMjM1MF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzc5OTcxMQ@@._V1_UY1200_CR27,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

^^^

This movie (Intruders) scared me on such a level as a child that for years I was afraid to sleep in a room by myself. I would have a palatable sense of dread at the thought of living alone one day as an adult. In retrospect it's funny, but there are still things about that movie which makes it the scariest TV movie since IT.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Cubix Robots For Everyone. Never watched the show but saw a game at a retro gaming store the other day.

I still remember the "robots for everyone!" theme though.

One of my life goals is to purchase the domain of feardotcom .com and I think about it lots so I'm gonna go with nuh uh! :p

I can go with a ton of obscure horror movies, but you know what I'm gonna throw in something on the mainstream side. How often do people talk about Deliver Us From Evil (2014)? Or the Cabin Fever remake? Hell, that film came and went and it completely passed me by. I didn't even see anyone mention how they remade the pancake scene :/

f49e777ebb46332a5168033b2d1d14de.gif

PANCAKES

mclem

I racked my brain for a bit and came up with these, all from a British perspective:

yNHIGVf.png

The Fiddley Foodle Bird. Of note because it was narrated by Bruce Forsyth, who also appeared as a character in one or two episodes

8dgJk51.png

The Giddy Game Show. There's a few episodes on Youtube, a sort of semi-interactive puzzle cartoon for young (preschool?) kids. Adored this one!

LwyASVm.jpg

Never saw this broadcast, my only encounter with this was via a videotape that had episodes of this mixed with episodes of The Barkleys. Recently rewatched the intro on Youtube - holy hell, it's so 70's.

Eb9yExh.png

I remember very little. I think it was summer filler on the BBC? I've a nagging half-memory of watching it in Cornwall, which would have been from holidays in '93 or so.

DdlAPJe.png

Again, one of my memories from being very very young. I dunno if this was ever more pervasive in America - a quick Wikipedia told me that that characters were originally created by a greetings card company, which sounds about right.

VQmmAfY.png

A Hanna-Barbera one, but one of their more obscure - at least from a UK perspective - programmes. I remember the Speccy game was great, though!

And one that's so forgotten that I can't find images of the series itself, but here's the tie-in book (thanks, eBay!) that I owned:
QHWl6Hn.png

If I recall the premise right, delivery boy gets bored and has daydreams, which lead to him going around on his bike having an adventure and imagining that various objects he encounters on the way are anthropomorphised characters in his story

mclem

Amusingly, I was thinking about this, on GAF, just yesterday. There was a discussion on the Doctor Who thread about the idea of Sean Pertwee playing his father - and it crossed my mind that, given Pertwee's Who era was well before my time, and I was terrified of Worzel Gummidge, my overwhelming televisual association with Jon Pertwee was as Spotty.

louiedog

M.A.N.T.I.S.

Starring Carl Lumbly (Sydney's partner on Alias) as a paraplegic wealthy doctor who fights crime thanks to a super suit.

edit: Oh, and it was a Sam Raimi joint.

Viper

This show pops into my head every 4 months or so since the Wheels of Fury DLC for Sleeping Dogs came out. It's basically the same car.

A group of people fight crime using a heavily modified Dodge Viper that's got all sort of gadgets and weapons from other popular weaponized cars belonging to guys named James Bond and Michael Knight. I'm pretty sure they had a drone before those were cool.

Homeboys in outer space
Waynehead
Drop squad
Trespass
Nothing to lose
The Bingo Long Traveling Allstars &Motorkings
Observe an report

I can go alll day

louiedog

Homeboys in outer space
Waynehead
Drop squad
Trespass
Nothing to lose
The Bingo Long Traveling Allstars &Motorkings
Observe an report

I can go alll day

I think about Homeboys in Outer Space a few times a year. I watched some on YouTube not long ago. I also watched Nothing to Lose late last year. It held up better than I expected.

louiedog

Are you black ??

Nope. I didn't have cable as a kid and had to make do with whatever late night syndicated programs my local affiliates aired, including Homeboys in Outer Space. As far as Nothing to Lose, my parents really liked Tim Robbins and so they watched that a couple of times when I was a kid. I was never a big Martin Lawrence fan, though I enjoy his performance in that movie.

Nope. I didn't have cable as a kid and had to make do with whatever late night syndicated programs my local affiliates aired, including Homeboys in Outer Space. As far as Nothing to Lose, my parents really liked Tim Robbins and so they watched that a couple of times when I was a kid. I was never a big Martin Lawrence fan, though I enjoy his performance in that movie.
Lol ok. You can see where the question came from tho. Little known black show and a semi forgettable Martin movie. I'm glad to hear other ppl besides me think about them from Time to time.

The thing about this movie is that the .com part was part of the websitename so it'd end up being Feardotcom .com
I remember buying feardotcom just because the DVD cover looked scary and the synopsis seemed like they wanted to cash in on the ring hype. It was one of the worst movies I've ever seen. They also tried to sell us Germany as New York City lol

semisonic

Banned
Rat Pfink a boo boo. Caught this on TCM Underground once, have never heard anyone talk about it since. 1966, apparently a bad year for super heroes. And cinema. And super hero cinema. God, this movie sucks.

MV5BMjIwMTU2MTMwOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzU2ODUzNw@@._V1_UY268_CR13,0,182,268_AL_.jpg

I watched it, don't remember it.
I was actually thinking about The River earlier today. Neat show, mainly since I was a sucker for found footage when it came out. Somehow both ahead of its time (pure horror TV with clear visual style), and very much a product of Paranormal Activity/LOST fever.

I know none of you motherfuckers remember Pinwheel.

705bcfed7757529a6ce74894d62c11cc.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLCg1kb1sA0

Or Today's Special:
sa1699.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im6VOnXH60o

Or Mysterious Cities of Gold:
sa1709.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ki99YBVKyw

Or this fucking sick groove from Sesame Street -- which used to use funk music to teach you how to count to 12.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__48P1Fbjm8

Or 3-2-1 Contact:
tumblr_nbm0manBb11s2wio8o1_400.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gEAQQCFlNM

But, y'all probably remember You Can't do That on Television
sa1646.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UcUPGAth6OY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom