• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jimquisition: Why It's Morally Okay To Pirate All Of Nintendo's Games (Feb. 20, 2017)

akira28

Because at one point I have legally owned probably every nintendo rom I have ever downloaded. And I blame my mom and my grandma and those stupid neighborhood kids in two different cities who are now, no doubt giving my shit to their kids to ruin.

Oh look, another anti-nintendo rant from Jimquisition. I haven't seen this before, and there's no agenda here.

Also, publicly proclaiming that people's hard work should be stolen should be grounds for a site banning around here.

Beartruck

I'm not going to decide its ok to steal shit just because a fat man who dances with an oversized dildo tells me its ok. Not even going to justify this clickbait with a view.

LordRaptor

I'd love to know how "asset flippers" are scum, when they make money by paying an artist directly for their work and explictly licencing that work appropriately, but youtubers grabbing whatever the fuck they feel like using and not giving a fuck about licencing are the real heroes.

Kazuo Hirai

I really want everyone to know how much more Titanfall 2 sold than Nioh. It was a staggering amount.
This title reminds of 3DM(a pc pirate site) user comments:
"All games should be free!"
"Pirate is good for gaming industry"
"Denuvo is dogshit!Without pirate your game would be nothing!"

Magikoopa24

Neo Member
Feeding his ego and creating faux controversy are the only currencies Jim deals in.

You know, except for all the cars that suckers give him through Patreon.

Is that what he spends his money on, or are you too making a silly point?

On topic, while I'm glad he said it's morally okay (aka not legally okay), I still don't want to listen to 10 minutes of the usual Jim smarmimess on the topic.

16832065_663014393881628_528402374134332786_n.jpg

Rom's. I was laughing like a maniac.

MUnited83

For you.
I'd love to know how "asset flippers" are scum, when they make money by paying an artist directly for their work and explictly licencing that work appropriately, but youtubers grabbing whatever the fuck they feel like using and not giving a fuck about licencing are the real heroes.

Fair use exists. And youtube copyright system is fundamentally broken.

How are there so many hot takes on this video within 7 minutes of it being posted, and it is 17 minutes long? Anyone even watching? Come on, people!

I've been gaming since I was 5. I do not work in the industry. But if there is one thing that gets my fires burning really, really fast, its piracy. I know piracy happens, and I know it is a huge problem. And from what I have seen of the industry, it is a very direct reason that most of the industry is run like a fucking sweat shop.

Pirating games en masse, as the video is suggesting people should do, is not only absolute trash clickbait, but significantly damaging to the industry as a whole.

Well..."morally" is not the same as "legally"

Haven't watched the video since i'm at work, but i disagree woth the title

Gonna watch ir later to create an opinion

Peroroncino

but would he download a car?

I would if I could lmao.

Didn't watch it yet, but I'm gonna go on a limb and take a guess that he says something about people who bought their games on a wii u/3ds without it being linked to their account for future use on different machines etc. Or maybe something about the low availability of some of them.

Gonna make some dinner and dive into it.

Berordn

Come back to me when you've created something that has been pirated and tell me that it isn't fundamentally the same thing.

Theft is a verifiable lost sale because a product was lost in the process.
Piracy is less so because nothing is actually removed from market as a result of the misdeed.

Both are wrong and should not be condoned, but they aren't the same.

rackham

Banned
God bless Jim

I hope he stays healthy and beautiful. Do people think it's wrong to pirate games that aren't available for sale at all anymore? Games like Boktai and Mega Man Zero on the GBA?

Gxgear

Ooh a spicy one.

Hope that's just meant to be a provocative title, and not Jim openly encouraging people to commit piracy.

Come back to me when you've created something that has been pirated and tell me that it isn't fundamentally the same thing.
It is not the same thing, like counterfeiting isn't stealing as well.
How is taking something you didn't pay for not stealing?
Because you're not taking anything and excluding someone from using it, you are illegally copying it and distributing it, but that ain't stealing.

Top Bottom