• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon Wildlands Post-Launch content (including PvP)

dex3108

The Ghosts are ready to take on the Santa Blanca drug cartel on March 7, but their mission in the wilderness won’t end there – a free PvP update (featuring 4v4 team combat) is coming to Ghost Recon Wildlands after launch, along with two major paid expansions: Narco Road and Fallen Ghosts. In Narco Road, you must infiltrate a gang of smugglers and earn their leader’s trust by competing in races and challenges. Yes, you have to take them down…from the inside! Fallen Ghosts, the second major expansion for Wildlands, has your squad running from their downed helicopter to escape some powerful new enemies that are hot on their trail.

Season pass owners will receive one week early access to both expansions, as well as access to The Unidad Conspiracy Missions, The Peruvian Connection Pack, an exclusive Bolivian Minibus vehicle, and equipment packs that include outfits inspired by the Katari 26 rebels, the Unidad, and the Santa Blanca. These three themed packs also include weapons, such as an AK-47 equipped with a larger magazine, a Unidad LMG with a red dot scope and larger magazine, and the Santa Blanca golden M1911, respectively.

Finally, the Ghost Recon Wildlands Season Pass comes with a host of bonuses. Owners will receive a permanent 5% XP booster; a single-use two hour XP booster that gives a 50% boost to you and a 25% boost to players in your session; and a Ghost Recon Credits Pack with 800 credits. Additional credits can be purchased at any time to spend on cosmetic items, XP boosts, and weapons comparable to those you can find through normal gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OquwR23bt1Q

KJRS_1993

In Narco Road, you must infiltrate a gang of smugglers and earn their leader’s trust by competing in races and challenges.

Drug lords are pretty easily impressed in the Tom Clancy universe.

So from that Trailer i get the impression that the "DLC" is already finished but for whatever reason you need the season pass etc...

Fisty

Oh boy! Racing!

If there's one thing i play my open world military shooters for, it's the racing!

I think I'll wait for a Complete Edition some day. The game seems decent, but nothing particularly special, and there's way too many other games to play right now.

MUnited83

For you.
They are going to do a complete and total rework of the driving if they want to have anyone interested in driving DLCs lol

hydruxo

Racing would be awful in this game considering how badly they control and how they all feel like you're going about 30 mph at top speed.

"Races"

With those driving controls? Lol.

Doing that and challenges is what you do in every Ubisoft game. Not exactly something worth a paid expansion.

The second expansion sounds more interesting though.

I did. Ghost recon was always pvp first for me. I like the little snippet in this video too. Will buy once released.
GR the tactical game like R6 was sure but not the way its presented here right?
Have you played the beta?
I mean it's fun and fine but not good enough for pvp play imo.

It looks like a less polished, military-themed version of GTA V now. Bravo Ubisoft, you sure know how to cater to fans of your IPs 😂

Zasa

I'll reiterate that this game would be perfect for a H1Z1 Battle Royale game type. Could see a lot of potential if they could maybe add loot, amongst other things in that specific PvP mode. Doubt it'd ever happen though.

It is fucking nuts that they want to release a racing/vehicle focused DLC when the driving controls and vehicle physics are abysmal.

Belker

So it's a platform for microtransactions. I don't mind cosmetic items, but anything that affects game balance annoys me.

If the boosts and weapons you can buy are only for co-op, then there's an argument, though slight, that at least it helps the group experience (no pun intended).

But with the introduction of PVP, I can see it being tilted towards paying to win.

Also interesting that it's class-based PVP. I think that's something I'd have liked to have seen in the co-op.

Ashtar

I'm a big Ubi fan (actually wearing a black flag shirt right now) and will probably get this game but a racing expansion with the current driving systems is laughable to say the least, I really wonder if Ubi can make a decent driving engine the crew (at least to begin with), watch dog, watch dogs 2, ac syndicate and now ghost recon all have bad to mediocre driving
Also is this free? I guess some other games offer early access for season pass holders but they don't mention price... Or anything about buying it later

Ont

My only fear about DLC is that they will fill the game with stupid clown costumes with bright colours, making it less authentic. Some of the DLC for Rainbow Six: Siege is just silly.

CSJ

DLC just sounds like 1 out of the 1000 repetitive missions already in the game, but maybe 10 minutes longer and sold for extra. I've seen ubisoft do this before, I'm worried they'll do it again.

The schizophrenic development of this game continues - a Ghost Recon game that Ubi would also rather be more like GTA Online.

And there's no way in hell I'd to want to any kind of racing in this game, even if it wasn't called Ghost Recon. Note to Ubi: figure out your damn audience and the strengths your game.

I've got no interest in PvP, but I'm sure there are a decent amount of players who are. That sounds fine enough, though I'd be surprised if it didn't have some kind of virtual currency and grind shenanigans.

lcd

Awesome, tacked on PVP.......

"we have a product for people who don't want tacked on PVP, it's called every other AAA military style shooter"

As a non-competitive gamer I'm really happy that for once it's not co-op that's an afterthought.

Top Bottom