• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ghost Recon Wildlands Free Weekend from Oct 12-16th and 50% Sale for PVP Launch

Gowans

In the vast open world of Ghost Recon Wildlands, danger lurks around every bend, and this weekend, you can confront that danger for free. From October 12 at 12:00am PDT through October 16 at 12:00am PDT*, you can download the full game for free and explore all that Ghost Recon Wildlands has to offer on PC, Xbox One**, and PS4** (PS4 players can pre-load on 10/10, PC players can pre-load on Uplay on 10/11). That means a gorgeous open world full of diverse ecosystems and thrilling missions for you to take on in single-player, or with a squad of up to four co-op players. That means a wide array of weapons, abilities, and vehicles that let you tackle each situation using whatever strategy you choose. And as of this week, that means the new Ghost War 4v4 team deathmatch mode.

Released for free to all Ghost Recon Wildlands players, Ghost War is a brand new mode that brings a whole new challenge to the table. Players choose from among 12 distinct classes to create teams loaded for bear with powerful weapons, perks, and abilities. Using squad tactics and stealthy scouting techniques, they fight it out against a team of enemy players in intense multiplayer. Ghost War launches on October 10, and the development team will expand it in the months to come with new maps, new classes, and new modes.

If you want to stay in the fight after the free weekend ends, you can buy Ghost Recon Wildlands for 50% off from October 12-16 (sale continues for Uplay PC, PS4, and Xbox Live Gold members until October 23). Any progress you make during the free weekend will be carried over when you buy the full game, so you won't lose a step in your fight to take down Santa Blanca. Whether you're taking on missions solo, teaming up with friends to eliminate threats together, or facing off against other players in tactical deathmatches, playing Ghost Recon Wildlands is an excellent way to spend this weekend, and many more to come.

Source: http://blog.ubi.com/ghost-recon-wildlands-play-free-weekend/

Amagon

Enjoyed this new mode when the beta came out a couple weeks back. Actually looking forward to buy the game with this discount so I can get back on it.

Good to see others feel the same way.

Great game. Finally stopped playing a bit ago, but put in something like 300+ hours.

Can't wait to jump back in when I get the Xbox One X and see how its improved.

SomTervo

Still only halfway through the game or something and missed the PvP test.

Looking forward to this.

Awesome game.

Ashtar

This is cool makes me wish I didn't buy the game on disc though, maybe I can get a decent trade in and go digital
Edit 15 bucks on trade in smh given I bought it for 32

The trailer they dropped today is awesome.

8 maps, 12 operators for day 1. They are working on releasing new modes, operators, maps, and weapons it looks like. Season pass owners get access to operators 1 week early. This is becoming more and more like Siege and I love it.

Buying the game on pc with the 50% off now.

forms

At the risk of repeating myself; are chopper controls as unwieldy still, and are ai partners still cheating (basically ignoring line of sight etc)?

M.W.

Fantastic game. I didn't get a chance to try the PVP beta, but from what I've heard it was quite good. Look forward to trying it out. Anyone remotely interested in this game, definitely DL it, it's damn fun.

Joffy

Neo Member
At the risk of repeating myself; are chopper controls as unwieldy still, and are ai partners still cheating (basically ignoring line of sight etc)?

Latest patch improved helicopter controls but I haven't had the chance to give it a shot yet.

A week before the back-to-back combo of Fire Emblem Warriors and Mario... this is perfectly timed for me. I'll try it out for a bit for free, let's see how good this is then eh Ubisoft? My £25 is yours to take lol.

Calvinpewpewpew

Neo Member
This is a really fun game that I have chipped away with over time with rentals and then got back into with the beta. I think the multiplayer is surprisingly fun and if this game gets a battle royale mode (why the hell not) now that the multiplayer is in it could be the best one on the market with the insanely gorgeous maps, excellent modeling of weapons and equipment, and vehicles.

Going to finally purchase it and go all in with this sale.

Damn it I just bought it this week after giving up on a discount....

Is the game fun as a 2 player coop? I only heard it's not that fun to play alone.

I put days in just flying region to region picking up guns and attachments.
Definitely fun solo, great co-op and PVP was awesome.

Helicopter controls are great. Easy as hell to fly. Line of sight will always be cheated, game wouldn't work well if it wasn't.

Is the game fun as a 2 player coop? I only heard it's not that fun to play alone.

Played half way through the game solo. It's fantastic and very chilled actually, depending on your style.

speedomodel

I've had this in my Amazon cart for a while now. Will try the campaign with this and buy if I enjoy. Good on them for doing these.

Tawpgun

I bought siege after the free weekend and I loved the pvp beta in this game. will play and strongly consider buying.

Gowans

The update is live now, you can get a head start and download now ahead of the free days and sale with the 5 hour free trial.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Nice. Haven't played this as much as I would've thought. But it is a good game. Janky. But good. Hoping it continues to get some stellar post launch support and tidies up. Maybe a few more friends will buy during the sale.

So I know people were worried about this,

In the free open PVP beta 200~ was about the max players I ever saw,
right now in the full version 3,300 players are on PVP

Perineum

I'm hyped up to try this since I hear this is the closest I'll get to a new Socom.

If it isn't trash PvP, then my buddy and I are going to grab the full title.

jmizzal

I couldnt even play it yesterday because xbox sign in was down all night smh

I enjoyed the beta ready for the real thing

Allforce

I can't find where to pre-load this on PS4, closest I can find is a "PS+ Exclusive 5 Hour Full Game Trial" which is 41 GB. Is this all I need to get in on this free weekend?

For those that played the beta, are there respawns in PVP or do you just get 1 life? And the maps, are they really large or do they constrain them for PVP?

For those that played the beta, are there respawns in PVP or do you just get 1 life? And the maps, are they really large or do they constrain them for PVP?
1 life but teammates can revive infinitely.

Maps are cut out portions of the open world but still very large for only 8 players. Going out of bounds gives you the Battlefield "10 seconds to get back or you die" message.

DeaDPo0L84

Huge SOCOM addict, catching up on what this game is all about and it looks to be the closest we are gonna get to a SOCOM type experience. Can anyone who was a fan of that game confirm if this kinda scratches that itch? Really excited about a 3rd person team based tactical shooter.

Top Bottom