• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King of FIghters XIV: Vanessa DLC Trailer

LordCiego

Hell yeah! Otano shimi wa kora korai yo!

Dont like some of the aesthetic changes but she seems to play as good as always. Snk stopo the butt shots, Vanessa is too cool for that. I also hope she retains the "hands in pain" Motion during her DM. Overall this is fantastic and if Shingo is the last character that would be the icing on the cake.

Vanessa is back and she's still smokin'. I don't mind her new design, I like her new pants and sandals.

Which, I like how these returning characters do have some sort of new aesthetic detail. Yamazaki's got the fancy white shoes, and Vanessa has the new pants and sandals. I don't think Whip had anything that looked new, but maybe I'm wrong.

If we do end up getting Shingo, I'd laugh if he took inspiration from Kyo's new wardrobe.

Spman2099

My biggest fear is that this costume is too close to the original for them to sell a classic costume (and if they can't sell it, they probably won't make it). Man, I wish I could be more happy about Vanessa making it in, I just really don't feel these design changes.

Hopefully seeing the different colour pallets she has available will help sooth some of this disappointment.

Loona

I find myself thinking that the design changes would work a lot better if they replaced her tie with something like a bead necklace, which would better fit the tone of everything else she's wearing and still allow her movement to be emphasized through secondary animation...

Hope so. I always figured Vanessa got into this way of life because of losing her dear husband. If he's still around, or she's gotten re-mairred, that'd bring some changes to her pants character, surely.

I used to think her and Seth were an item, when first introduced... hope to see him acknowledged somewhere within all this.

She never seems interested, but always toys around with him. I don't think her being tied down will make her any less attractive to him, haha.

Really hope we get a special intro between them.

They'd have to record more lines for Ramon for that, looks like the new dialog is between the DLC gang only.

Still, she could get a special victory line against him.

Who is she cheating on and with who ?

Just because Ramon is understandably smitten doesn't mean she's acting on his affections beyond being amused.

This might be helpful for you:
https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01ESIWBX8/

We recently started an Amazon.jp shop to sell the game directly.

I get the impression it may be interesting to hear a few things from you... (how?) are you involved?

I think my favourite trend in fighting games is how most boxers seem very obviously inspired by Hajime no Ippo.

Giving me Mashiba vibes, especially with the chopping right. Steve in Tekken is the only other boxer I can think of with flicker jabs.

BadWolf

I think my favourite trend in fighting games is how most boxers seem very obviously inspired by Hajime no Ippo.

Giving me Mashiba vibes, especially with the chopping right. Steve in Tekken is the only other boxer I can think of with flicker jabs.

Rick Strowd had some too iirc, his badass super was a barrage of them that could hit from pretty far away.

Man, Rick's design and animation are so good.

Haven't bought the game yet, so hoping for a nice discounted bundle with the DLC characters once they release.

I like most of KoFXIV's cast, but Yamazaki is really the big draw for me now.

Pompadour

Steve feels like they tried to cram as many moves from Ippo and also other FG boxers into one character. He has just about everything. He's not as cool as Dudley but he's such a great character.

Spman2099

I find myself thinking that the design changes would work a lot better if they replaced her tie with something like a bead necklace, which would better fit the tone of everything else she's wearing and still allow her movement to be emphasized through secondary animation...

Why do you want to hurt me like this?

Steve feels like they tried to cram as many moves from Ippo and also other FG boxers into one character. He has just about everything. He's not as cool as Dudley but he's such a great character.

Steve is pretty much all Hajime no Ippo last time I checked.

Tizoc

Rick Strowd had some too iirc, his badass super was a barrage of them that could hit from pretty far away.

Man, Rick's design and animation are so good.
I dont think he had that move as a special or the like but his p power mght be what ur talking about

Manbig

Fighting game character designs tend to wear their sleeves. The pro wrestling characters are basically variations of Tiger Mask, lucha libre legends, and Japanese puro legends.

I do like her new hair and face. The sultry smiley eye is a great update.

The pants and sandals look like something you'd find on cleareance at ROSS. They really dropped the ball here.

Pompadour

Why do you want to hurt me like this?

Steve is pretty much all Hajime no Ippo last time I checked.

Doesn't he have Dudley's Jet Upper? I'm very casual at Tekken but I remember him having some very unorthodox boxing moves that would feel out of place even in Ippo.

BadWolf

I dont think he had that move as a special or the like but his p power mght be what ur talking about

Probably, it's been a while.

Rick for Garou MOTW 2 pls.

Do we have a price for these characters yet? Some excellent choices with Yama and Vanessa.

Whip's price was announced as $5.99 so we can assume the same for the others.

The two new stages will be free for everyone.

Galdelico

On the one hand, I still love the character and how she seems to play... On the other one, I kinda hate the new outfit. The green pants/boots were such a brilliant design element, whereas now she just reminds me of the awful Catalina from Tekken 7. :/

Just because Ramon is understandably smitten doesn't mean she's acting on his affections beyond being amused.

Ramon has Angel now anyways.

And eh, I don't know where this picture came from but well

yqQUYAd.jpg

Skilletor

She always had suspenders, but they were at her sides. They didn't go down the nape of her back and make it look like a thong.

vanessa-whatever.gif

This outfit is outlining her hips and forming a thong. It's pretty shitty. Ya'll can be glad she's in, but stop acting like the outfit is the same.

Still, Vanessa is played no matter what she's wearing.

vg260

Nothing ridiculous or fan service about it. They connect in the front and back of her pants like you would expect suspenders to do.

If thongs are on your mind then you can say that about normal suspenders too.

Seriously?

It's obvious what they were doing with her "suspenders"

BadWolf

Seriously?

It's obvious what they were doing with her "suspenders"

Yeah seriously.

I can honestly say that I watched the trailer many times and at no point saw that as lewd/fanservice (and still don't) until it was mentioned here.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Ramon has Angel now anyways.

And eh, I don't know where this picture came from but well

yqQUYAd.jpg

Given that there are some chinese characters it might have leaked from a QA office or something like that.
Given that you can see the actual office im sure Oda san can pinpoint who leaked it.

ALSO: ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beckx

and then, on to Rock & Kain's Cross Country Road Trip, Garou 2

if this is real i wonder if Rock's interaction with Terry will mention how he's hanging with Kain

BadWolf

The last 2 slots are Random select?

One is random character and the other is random team.

Given that there are some chinese characters it might have leaked from a QA office or something like that.
Given that you can see the actual office im sure Oda san can pinpoint who leaked it.

Word is that the leaker might be ET, the Taiwanese tournament player (he was one of the qualified players at XIV's world championship last month).

Looks like he got early access (for testing purposes?) and had the bright idea of posting a photo on social media. He quickly deleted it but it was obviously too late and spread fast.

Top Bottom