• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed Origins screenshot leaks, new details (AC4 team, Naval combat, more)

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Again they are company and they do things to earn money and support over 12K jobs.

Well that's because for you video games are a hobby. They have to pay wages and single players game rarely could pay for such massive studios as ubisoft has.
That's the problem right here. They've multiple and absolutely massive studios with a huge number of talanted people most of which are making goddamn and fucking AC and open world games! DUDES! How on earth is it okay? Hell, most of these people only know how to make AC and open world games. Let them do something different for Christ's sake almighty. they can't do or care about this shit forever. For the love of god, man.

About single player only games. There's a lot of single player only games which are still selling 2-9 million copies which is still a lot for a single player games and fuck SQE. Let's take new Prey for example which is an absolutely massive game with huge replayability potential and you need to beat this game at least 2-3 times to see everything which is at least will take you 50, 60 or even 70 hours for sure which is much and much better that any modern open world shit. And I know, not every single player game has something like this, but you can't focus on open world and multiplayer stuff only and don't give a shit about other audience which can also give you a lot money. It's just ain't right, especialy when they take single player only games and make shitty open world games out of them instead.

Your games and francises deserve a lot better that this Ubisoft and you don't deserve to have / own them anymore.

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
You are effectively alone.
Am I? Really?

For AAA games, the market has embraced open-world design wholeheartedly.
Goddamn you know it's not true at all.

Nobody is interested in selling 3 million copies of a linear single-player action game that people can beat in a week when they could sell 10 million copies of an open-world game that buyers will be talking about and grabbing DLC for months later.
Bethesda (publisher) and other developers would like to take a word with you about this.

Or, if you want to compare the most successful examples of each, nobody is interested in selling 9m copies of Uncharted if they have the ability to instead sell 75 million copies of GTA V.
Very inappropriate example. You can't compare GTA overall and something like Uncharted. Hell, these game not even in the same league.

kuYuri

Typically an Assassin's Creed game would get officially announced or even leaked by now. While we're getting little nuggets here and there, I'm surprised nothing major has released thus far. I can imagine this is going to be one of the biggest game reveals ever for Ubisoft. Probably on par with the original Watch Dogs reveal.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Am I? Really? .

Yes. You are. That's what we are talking about when we say that they are making more money (as in - more people are buying, playing and enjoying) than they would if they made a super linear game that feels like its ripped straight from 2002.

You seem to be angry for no reason seeing as AC has ALWAYS been an open world. not to mention you've got a lil complex going on here. Assuming you are the voice of this large majority of people who want the first splinter cell game or another PoP game even though... lookit that! the last time they made games in those series they didn't sell gangbusters. Nowhere near their AC series.

And Ghost Recon: Wildlands is the shit and I had a ton of fun in that world. Step back a little and maybe pump those breaks. This series is obviously not for you and apparently never has been. thanks for dropping in to yell at the clouds though.

Bethesda (publisher) and other developers would like to take a word with you about this.

Bethesda's bread and butter are open-world RPGs. Their linear shooters, etc. perform an order of magnitude worse.

You can't compare GTA overall and something like Uncharted. Hell, these game not even in the same league.

GTA is the best-selling open-world game of the last generation-ish, and Uncharted 4 would be the best-selling linear action/shooting game of the same timeframe; the former sold almost 10 times as much as the latter.

Like I said in the previous post, the median comparison is more like 2-3m for a successful linear action title, vs. 7-10m for an open-world game. In the current marketplace, the economic incentive to move towards open worlds is extremely clear.

sjay1994

Typically an Assassin's Creed game would get officially announced or even leaked by now. While we're getting little nuggets here and there, I'm surprised nothing major has released thus far. I can imagine this is going to be one of the biggest game reveals ever for Ubisoft. Probably on par with the original Watch Dogs reveal.

Could be possible that they are waiting for e3. They wanted to announce Unity at E3, but Kotaku forced their hand by leaking the really early build screenshots.

sjay1994

Also, I just want to put my 2 cents into this rumor. I don't think its true because it contradicts the previous leakers.

They claimed the only character then was a dark skinned character who looked some what like Altair, but this leaker is claiming there is a female character now. I might buy it if it was the modern day character is female (since the crappy modern day comics have a bunch of modern day female assassins)

Also, the first leaker who confirmed AC would skip 2016 said that Greece and Rome would probably be cut, but this leaker is saying Greece is in.

Maybe they were able to squeeze these things in with the added time, but for now I'm not buying this rumor as fully truthful.

The naval combat while I might have loved in Black Flag, is going to play completely different here since the focus of Egyptian Naval Warfare was ramming and boarding, instead of the Carribean's disable the ship first then board.

I don't really want the equivalent of bumper cars for the naval combat

and I REALLY don't want the subtitle of this game to be fucking "Origins"

Like come on. As other people mentioned they could have done a lot more. Genisis, Empire, hell even Osiris since it works as he is the god of rebirth and one could assume this is a soft reboot of the series...

But no... fucking Origins. It makes this sound like a spinoff game. I struggle to believe Ubi marketing would make such a blunder for what should be "their next big AC"

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Yes. You are. That's what we are talking about when we say that they are making more money (as in - more people are buying, playing and enjoying) than they would if they made a super linear game that feels like its ripped straight from 2002.
Which is also not an indication that these game are better than more traditional single player games, cuz they are not and more sale will not make them better too. If anything, they know how to make cool proof of concept, but when it comes to actual game and realisation of new Ideas... they always making open world AC game more or less which almost always didn't live up to people's expectations.

Just a few examples....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/243470/Watch_Dogs/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/365590/Tom_Clancys_The_Division/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/304390/FOR_HONOR/

You seem to be angry for no reason seeing as AC has ALWAYS been an open world. not to mention you've got a lil complex going on here. Assuming you are the voice of this large majority of people who want the first splinter cell game or another PoP game even though... lookit that! the last time they made games in those series they didn't sell gangbusters. Nowhere near their AC series.
Good for them but I honestly don't give a damn. Sales mean nothing to me, I only care about good games which I want to play.

And Ghost Recon: Wildlands is the shit and I had a ton of fun in that world. Step back a little and maybe pump those breaks.This series is obviously not for you and apparently never has been. thanks for dropping in to yell at the clouds though.
You literally know nothing about me. I've played the Ghost Recon games from the very first game (same goes for Splinter Cell, R6, POP etc.), enjoyed the hell out of them and then Future Soldier came out and I sort of liked it too (goddamn those needless action sequences though) and here we go, open world and Wildlands. This game ruined this franchise completely for me and for other folks who liked original games and GRAW series too. So what, am I suppose to be happy about this? Fuck no I won't.

Oh and, I actually liked AC2 which is an absolute best AC game they ever did to this day.

Jb

New leaked pic?

aco10uv1.jpg

If it's a fake it's a pretty good one.

Assassinate the crocodile? lol

Edit: Also "Follow Shadya to Khenut's Villa". Searching for Shadya does not seem to bring anything up, but Khenut is a fifth dynasty Egyptian queen according to Wikipedia. Link.

Supposedly there's gonna be an article about the photo on Kotaku later today/tomorrow-ish which makes me think that it IS real now. Saw that on reddit a few short minutes ago before the comments got deleted. It's been on 4chan too, where the original leak came from at the start of last year

Which is also not an indication that these game are better than more traditional single player games, cuz they are not and more sale will not make them better too. If anything, they know how to make cool proof of concept, but when it comes to actual game and realisation of new Ideas... they always making open world AC game more or less which almost always didn't live up to people's expectations.

Just a few examples....

http://store.steampowered.com/app/243470/Watch_Dogs/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/365590/Tom_Clancys_The_Division/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/304390/FOR_HONOR/

Good for them but I honestly don't give a damn. Sales mean nothing to me, I only care about good games which I want to play.

You literally know nothing about me. I've played the Ghost Recon games from the very first game (same goes for Splinter Cell, R6, POP etc.), enjoyed the hell out of them and then Future Soldier came out and I sort of liked it too (goddamn those needless action sequences though) and here we go, open world and Wildlands. This game ruined this franchise completely for me and for other folks who liked original games and GRAW series too. So what, am I suppose to be happy about this? Fuck no I won't.

Oh and, I actually liked AC2 which is an absolute best AC game they ever did to this day.

I understand being upset with Ghost Recons direction but the reality is for most people it was the best, most enjoyable entry, in the series. I enjoyed playing Wildlands with friends far more than any previous GR experience.

cackhyena

I was really hoping for a revamp. Smaller, more detailed area to explore, with more focus on both kinds of stealth. Basically, I want a redo of AC1.

Bahorel

Team 100% real. If it was fake it would just be another game but it doesn't look like it could be anything else. This is certainly not a 2D mockup put up on a screen.

HStallion

Now what's the next step in your master plan?
I can't wait to see the mission where Ben Carson sends you to find all the grain stored in the Pyramids.

The water specifically reminds me of Watch Dogs'. I wonder if they switched the engine.

It's a modified version of the Anvil engine, according to the leaker. Watch Dogs engine is Disrupt, so not the same (if the leak is true).

Auto-quote with other details
There are some details too in the comments:

- from most of the AC4 team
- will have modern day
- no Desmond Miles
- revamped version of Anvil engine
- Ubi will start talking about it before the end of the month, full reveal at E3
He's not been in it for some time though, or am I misremembering?
Yeah, the leaker was just answering to someone's question.

Top Bottom