• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Colbert Won: Trump Attacks Stephen (Late Show Segment)

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?

Holy crap at this part:
VfG8z0J.jpg

Man at least when every late night show host roasted George W. Bush, he had enough tact doing what he was entailed to do whether it was popular or not instead of doing his own mudslinging.

The thinnest layer of orange skin the guy has...a real worm.

I couldn't stand hearing about trump that much myself. It's a bit worrisome to me that people get so inclined to making fun of things they don't like

LeonSPBR

Jesus Christ, he actually said it word for word...I figured Colbert might be exaggerating for the lolz, but holy shit...

Fucking hell...this has to be the most stupidest shit he's said so far.

Goddammit I thought the last part was just Colbert just trolling, but no Trump really said that.

Jintor

He's a real life Dudley Dursley.

dudley dursely had like some kind of vague nod at being a person who wasn't a complete shitheel in, i dunno, half-blood prince or something i think.

i don't think any such thing will ever happen for trump

The Kree

Banned
Eh, it's more cultural and trump is one of millions that's just like Trump.

I don't mind to hear see some of trump but I don't like him so just wouldn't watch a show based aroind something I don't like.

Something you don't like.

Brussel sprouts is something I don't like.

President Fuckface is making decisions that affect real lives and he's behaving like a child who wants to be a dictator.

This is not just about something people don't like.

Stop reducing Trump to someone we simply don't like and not the detrimental President of the United States that he is.
I don't give a shit aboit this and I'm not doing what your saying. I said I don't want to hear about his ass constantly and see people being a dick to others constantly. I am not agreeing with anything trump unless of course I do, but that's hardly much.

Some of you guys swirly get off saying fuck trump, orange twat etc, a lot of you are a lot like Trump with some different views but still atleast act similar with being dicks to others. Dog pilers. It goes far beyond trump and politics when assholes are assholes, and this board is not short of its fair share of assholes

I think the issues is in how people treat each other period, this has nothing to do with trump but is definitely an issue of cultural tendencies that make people gossip and treat people like crap. Nothing to do with anything on trump as far as that goes.

I don't give a shit aboit this and I'm not doing what your saying. I said I don't want to hear about his ass constantly and see people being a dick to others constantly. I am not agreeing with anything trump unless of course I do, but that's hardly much.

Some of you guys swirly get off saying fuck trump, orange twat etc, a lot of you are a lot like Trump with some different views but still atleast act similar with being dicks to others. Dog pilers. It goes far beyond trump and politics when assholes are assholes, and this board is not short of its fair share of assholes

I think the issues is in how people treat each other period, this has nothing to do with trump but is definitely an issue of cultural tendencies that make people gossip and treat people like crap. Nothing to do with anything on trump as far as that goes.

Get the fuck outta here with this shit

Berordn

dudley dursely had like some kind of vague nod at being a person who wasn't a complete shitheel in, i dunno, half-blood prince or something i think.

i don't think any such thing will ever happen for trump

Yeah, by the end of the series it's very clear that we can just blame the parents for spoiling him and he's actually not a horrible person when left to his own devices.

At this point I think the jury's still out for this guy, but we can probably blame daddy a little bit too.

You're comparing the President of the United States to forum posters.

POTUS. To freaking GAFfers.
Yeah all people should be held accountable for who they are and how they treat people in general. That's what I do and it feels the most fair to me. I'm not going to pedestal musicians, actors or sports players.

I'm going to treat everyone equal no matter what and people can get angry about this all they want.

nded

I think the issues is in how people treat each other period,

I don't think it is. Not in this thread anyway. You don't get to come into this thread and decide what people should talk about and how they're allowed to go about it.

this has nothing to do with trump but is definitely an issue of cultural tendencies that make people gossip and treat people like crap. Nothing to do with anything on trump as far as that goes.

Pretty sure this has everything to do with Trump since he's always spouting made-up gossip and treating people like crap. Even worse is that he can actually enact policies that can destroy people's lives instead of just getting their feelings hurt because of "cultural tendencies".

andymcc

Banned
Yeah all people should be held accountable for who they are and how they treat people in general. That's what I do and it feels the most fair to me. I'm not going to pedestal musicians, actors or sports players.

I'm going to treat everyone equal no matter what and people can get angry about this all they want.

The only influence gaf posters have is that we sometimes upset game developers. Trump literally tries to enact policies that will result in death for others. What an equivalence.

Also, this is a segment in a nightly talk show which uses daily topical humor. Guess who dominates the news.

Here's a nifty idea: if you don't like to hear anything about Trump and see any of this "dogpiling" people have been doing to each other in threads that deal with Trump, may I suggest looking at other threads instead? Maybe you're from the States or not but this resentment towards the POTUS isn't going to change because he isn't going to change. He's going to make life increasingly hard for half the country so you either can participate or just find another topic on GAF not dealing with US politics.

Zomba13

Maybe Jack should try and balance out all this negative Trump talk with a topic on all the good Trump has done?

It's ok, we'll be patient. I'm sure he'll do something that resembles good eventually.

Ban Puncher

Why would you come into a thread about Trump if you are sick of hearing about Trump?

Jog on.

Morat

Banned
Maybe Jack should try and balance out all this negative Trump talk with a topic on all the good Trump has done?

It's ok, we'll be patient. I'm sure he'll do something that resembles good eventually.

I too wait with baited breath.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member

You are god damn right we are absolutely shitty toward him. He will have the utmost contempt and resentment from me for the rest of my life. He deserves nothing less and so much more for 1) being the president and 2) being as terrible of a person as he is.

Yes, plenty of us are "assholes," but not for the wrong reasons. And are you seriously asking us to be rude and mistreat others - as if we are mistreating Trump by sharing our thoughts on him - in an attempt to treat people equally? Treat others like shit is what you're advocating to level the playing field? lol

aerts1js

Here's a nifty idea: if you don't like to hear anything about Trump and see any of this "dogpiling" people have been doing to each other in threads that deal with Trump, may I suggest looking at other threads instead? Maybe you're from the States or not but this resentment towards the POTUS isn't going to change because he isn't going to change. He's going to make life increasingly hard for half the country so you either can participate or just find another topic on GAF not dealing with US politics.

Urgh, I hate when this argument is used in threads. Isn't the whole point of a discussion board to encourage, and then debate opposing views ?

That being said, Colbert has been absolute king of late night lately. I'm really glad he's doing well... Definitely one of the smartest individuals out there.

Urgh, I hate when this argument is used in threads. Isn't the whole point of a discussion board to encourage, and then debate opposing views ?

You can't really conversate or debate with someone about a topic if that person is sick and tired hearing about that particular topic and let it be the end of that.

Even if the person came here and defended Trump, as controversial as that would be, at least they are still continuing the conversation with their viewpoint.

Siegcram

He doesn't like the actual discussion itself though. That's no an "opposing view".

At least if I read the posts right, they are pretty indecipherable.

That being said, Colbert has been absolute king of late night lately. I'm really glad he's doing well... Definitely one of the smartest individuals out there.

"Stop talking about this" isn't a view.

Top Bottom