• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battleborn multiplayer becomes Free Trial......... 2P

Shiggy

The Battleborn Free Trial is a whole new way to experience Battleborn without having to pay a dime. The Free Trial encompasses UNLIMITED Competitive Multiplayer play, including access to all four competitive multiplayer modes, a rotating roster of free playable heroes, and the same character and account growth and progression you would find in the full game.

Yes, with the Free Trial, you can play UNLIMITED Competitive Multiplayer matches, no time limits or artificial level caps. Everyone who downloads the Free Trial will have access to all four competitive modes: Incursion, Meltdown, Capture, and Face-Off, with a fifth mode, Supercharge, arriving on Thursday, June 22, 2017.

Each Free Trial player will also have access to a subset of Battleborn’s 30 unique heroes through a rotating roster of six heroes that changes weekly. Love a hero and want to keep playing after the roster changes? No problem! Unlock your favorite hero from the in-game Marketplace using Credits earned while playing matches. Or with Platinum premium currency, unlock your favorite heroes and customize them with a myriad of skins and taunts.

When is the Free Trial available?
The Free Trial is now available globally on Steam and Xbox One, and is available in the Americas on PS4. For Sony Europe and Sony Japan, the Free Trial will be available starting June 13, 2017.

How can I access the Free Trial?
The Battleborn Free Trial is available on PlayStation 4, Xbox one, and Steam. Search for Battleborn in the PlayStation, Xbox, or Steam stores and head to the store page. Each page will have a “Try Now” button to download the Free Trial.

PS Plus and Xbox Live Gold memberships are required to play the Free Trial.

Enjoying the Free Trial and want more?
We love that you’re enjoying Battleborn’s Competitive Multiplayer! If you’re interested in unlocking more heroes, further customizing your favorite hero, or even playing the Story Mode missions, there’s a whole Marketplace to choose from. Keep reading to see how you can upgrade your Battleborn experience.

What does it mean to upgrade Battleborn?
Upgrading Battleborn means getting access to the full base game, including unlocking all 25 base characters, all eight Story Mode missions and the Prologue, and permanent access to private matches.

https://battleborn.com/en/news/view/en-battleborn-free-trial-faq/

giphy.gif

Patryn

Deliberately avoiding calling it F2P just so Randy wasn't lying when he said it wasn't going to be F2P.

cool, I'll try it out during the weekend. Really enjoyed the beta way back but i knew it was dead before arrival so i didn't buy it cause of that.

flkraven

Too late, which is sad. This game had so much potential, as it is still doing things that Paladins/Overwatch aren't (more heavily invested into the moba aspect, creeps, etc). I really wish it was better.

Difficult to get excited about this when the player base is at like 15 people.

Remember when Randy was "surprised" at all three pieces of Rule 34 pics of his characters and kept posting about it like, don't look at this guys it's bad!

Him and this game are treasures.

Yudoken

They should've take the L and move forward.

The game is a joke even before launch and there are just too many better games to spend time on.

It's not bad that they're trying but the game is already so cheap it doesn't matter anymore.

You can easily get it for a few bucks even on console.

Interfectum

Jason Schreier‏ triggered Randy into a mini-Twitter meltdown.

Apparently he wanted it to be labelled F2P but MS/Sony made him label it as a free trial.

I have a coworker who still swears by this game and has been sounding the trumpet for this game since before it came out. Everyone else at the office plays Overwatch instead, but this guy always says how Battleborn will get its moment of resurgence and that it at least has a story mode.

Alienous

I have a coworker who still swears by this game and has been sounding the trumpet for this game since before it came out. Everyone else at the office plays Overwatch instead, but this guy always says how Battleborn will get its moment of resurgence and that it at least has a story mode.

Do you work at Gearbox?

red731

Free trial 😄 😄 😄

Fuck, this is GOLD!

This marketing strategy sure is working out great! Why tf wouldn't they call it F2P?!

ed: I see now. pardon the above. Free Trial with locked campaign and such is okay

"Fuck, he is still fighting. An unlimited free trial is the same as F2P."

Especially when you unlock characters precisely the same way as most other F2P hero-based games.

Arkeband

Banned
I guess it technically is a trial if you're locked out of half of the game (single player) and there's no way to unlock them in the F2P multiplayer version. A trial requires there to be limits, and that's a limit.

Top Bottom