• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4K update for Halo 5 with the release of Xbox One X & (some) Halo games going BC

jbug617

Banned
Following its official debut at E3, there’s been a tremendous amount of growing excitement around the upcoming release of Xbox One X and the promise of true 4K gaming. Many Halo fans were quick to note that Halo 5 was conspicuously absent from the list of games being given the 4K treatment. The team here at 343 always had a desire to bring players the best Halo 5 experience for Xbox One X, but we weren’t quite ready to make the announcement during the E3 time frame.

Today we are excited to officially confirm that Halo 5 will receive a game update to support true 4K with the release of Xbox One X later this year! We’ll have more to share on this front as we get closer to release, so stay tuned.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/halo-summer-celebration

Never mind these are just pretty standard announcements. Glad to see Halo 5 coming to Xbox One X, but disappointed to see MCC pretty much confirmed KIA here.

RyanW

Worth noting in the OP that CEA, 3, ODST, and 4 are going to be BC for Xbox One with all the DLC becoming free just in case you don't want to deal with the MCC

Bizzquik

How's the story in 4 and 5...?

I've been out since the Trilogy and Reach; maybe 4K on XBX will be the push I need to get back in to Halo.

Jawmuncher

Now the Halo games going BC with free MP map packs is cool news.
Still kinda wish Reach had made it to the MCC though for a new Achievement List

_woLf

Halo 3 getting backwards compatibility for it's anniversary is a joke compared to what 1 and 2 got and pretty much confirms that we are never getting another update to MCC.

DOWN

Banned
This seems like a eulogy for MCC.

"RIP your dreams of the collection you bought in hopes of a superior Halo experience working as promised"

Finaj

Halo 3 getting backwards compatibility for it's anniversary is a joke compared to what 1 and 2 got and pretty much confirms that we are never getting another update to MCC.

I'd rather have 343 give the next Halo installment their full attention.

How's the story in 4 and 5...?

I've been out since the Trilogy and Reach; maybe 4K on XBX will be the push I need to get back in to Halo.

Halo 4 is worth checking out, but I recommend you watch the Terminals because they really help flesh out the story and give you some much needed background information on the main antagonist. You can probably find them on YouTube.

Maybe for the best, thier art design just isn't as good and remembering how atrocious the pit looked in four..

Gestault

So if you want a more dramatically enhanced version of the campaigns/co-op: You have the MCC, which can be bought for close to nothing digitally at this point. Those campaigns have been fairly solid since launch, and are it totally fine shape now. 60 fps and the Halo 2 Anniversary improvements are a difference worth it for many.

If you want multiplayer in its original format for the 360 games, you now have access to it on XB1 with all add-ons made free. You can use your original discs.

They done good, all things considered.

Top Bottom