• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

4K update for Halo 5 with the release of Xbox One X & (some) Halo games going BC

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Fuck yes Halo 5. Does Halo 5: Forge on PC have upgraded assets from the X1 version or is it just a resolution bump?

Assets are rendered at higher fidelity than the vanilla Xbox version. It's free to DL so you can check out a quasi preview. I'm going to see if somebody did a 4k Youtube comparison. If not we might look at something like that for later in the year.

Edit. Not sure how useful this is as my laptop ain't got no 4ks and there will be some technical apples and oranges in here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYokjeEx78c

without committing to anything I will note that BC legacy titles and the "fate" of MCC are not connected at the hip as some have perhaps reasonably, but in this specific case, mistakenly inferred.

Thanks for addressing the status of MCC, albeit not much. I hope you guys are able to fix it up.

New users and returning users. It's also 4K for MP which still has healthy populations and will bump in November too. You can get a sense of the fidelity by looking at the PC Forge/MP package on a high end PC and without committing to anything I will note that BC legacy titles and the "fate" of MCC are not connected at the hip as some have perhaps reasonably, but in this specific case, mistakenly inferred. That may be cold comfort with no information to share at this time, but they are not an either or situation.

We all know MCC is dead and buried.

Assets are rendered at higher fidelity than the vanilla Xbox version. It's free to DL so you can check out a quasi preview. I'm going to see if somebody did a 4k Youtube comparison. If not we might look at something like that for later in the year.

Edit. Not sure how useful this is as my laptop ain't got no 4ks and there will be some technical apples and oranges in here.

Thanks Frankie I think I downloaded it on PC at some point I just stick to Xbox cause I suck with mouse and keyboard. It looks like a nice upgrade, and improved texture filtering on XB1X should help out a ton. Can't wait.

Ushay

Hmm

I'm a little sceptical, but 4k resolution, assets and textures .. all at 60 frames may actually melt my eyeballs clean off.

WipedOut

So we are going to see a bland lifeless game and horrible skyboxes in 4k now? What is the point?

edit: off topic... Is MCC working yet?

Blam

Will there at a point ever be a PC release of the older Halo games? Even MCC as broken as it is would be appreciated since the guys working on ElDewrito would be probably trying to mod/patch the shit out of it.

Night.Ninja

Banned
IMG_0806.png
Based 343

Why don't you bums get lost with the MCC talk probably don't even own the game

Stinkles

Can put me on ignore. I'll be an old man waiting for halos return of need be.

He doesn't get a free pass, just like any other dev. He has continually ignored fans of old and the gameplay issues we have with thier direction.

I haven't asked for a pass and I don't ignore anything. I can't always give you the information you want to hear. And I'm not sure how useful a response like this would be to you every time I posted it.

wwm0nkey

Will there at a point ever be a PC release of the older Halo games? Even MCC as broken as it is would be appreciated since the guys working on ElDewrito would be probably trying to mod/patch the shit out of it.

I don't think we are ever going backwards for Halo on PC, I expect Halo 6 but now I've given up on 3, ODST, Reach or 4 ever hitting PC.

Magwik

Banned
New users and returning users. It's also 4K for MP which still has healthy populations and will bump in November too. You can get a sense of the fidelity by looking at the PC Forge/MP package on a high end PC and without committing to anything I will note that BC legacy titles and the "fate" of MCC are not connected at the hip as some have perhaps reasonably, but in this specific case, mistakenly inferred. That may be cold comfort with no information to share at this time, but they are not an either or situation.
You da bomb Franky

watership

I mean, are that many people going to revisit a 2 year old campaign for 4K resolution? Who is this for?

Can't you say this about every game getting any sort of support for enhancement... ever? From backward compatibility to slight frame rate enhancements. This may be the most cynical post I've read in awhile.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
I mean, are that many people going to revisit a 2 year old campaign for 4K resolution? Who is this for?

Me. Still playing 5 more than anything, will continue for the foreseeable future. This, more than anything else, moved the needle on a possible Xbox one x purchase.

nillapuddin

Should feel lucky frankie and Ellis even show up at this shit hole considering the reaction they get

GG 343 on halo 5, woulda been a huge missed opportunity otherwise

MCC... Well it still hurts but I totally understand

I'm a little confused here. Never owned a Xbox One but plan on picking up the Xbox One X this year specifically for Halo. Should I skip out on purchasing the Master Chief Collection in lieu of each title individually à la the BC version?

Get MCC for the campaigns, Halo 5 for multiplayer.

E92 M3

Should feel lucky frankie and Ellis even show up at this shit hole considering the reaction they get

What exactly do you understand? And they should feel lucky that Halo is still relevant. Devs work for the FANS, not the other way around.

We are their fucking customers and if I have problems I'm going to talk about it.

Stinkles

Most of gaf is reasonable* and even with hyperbolic language people and consumers are 100% entitled to complain, make requests, moan etc. I draw the line at death threats and complete falsehoods tho.

*Not popgaf tho.

Synth

Take a look at what's happening with crash, doom and other games. We appreciate games being what they are liked for

Crash is a remaster, not a sequel (though I guess MCC doesn't help this point).

DOOM is waaaaay more divergent from the classics than anything Halo's done. It's just DOOM 3 altering the perception.

peppers

I'm excited but I wanna get Real Excited: can anybody confirm to me that this 4K update is free? Unlike FH3 and GOW4, they didn't specify...

Most of gaf is reasonable* and even with hyperbolic language people and consumers are 100% entitled to complain, make requests, moan etc. I draw the line at death threats and complete falsehoods tho.

*Not popgaf tho.

Considering you guys didnt really announce any details today, why not just do this at e3 when the whole world is watching, instead of a month later when there still arent any details? I dont get this.

Otherwise, thanks for the 4k update.

Fantastic news! But I will always hope for more fixes to MCC. Especially an Anniversary Edition of Halo 3. But I'm glad that Halo 5 is getting a 4K update!

I wonder what 343's thoughts on MCC are.

holy shit, someone SUPPORTING what 343 has done to this franchise?

Never thought I'd see the day.
As a huge halo fan I love what 343 has done. Halo 5 has the best mp to date. Warzone is also a great addition. The campaigns problems for me come down to the boss fights feeling super repatitive. 343 has done a great job with Halo and I have no doubt that their next entry will be another great game. I also don't get all the people saying mcc is still broken. I pop back in ever few weeks and play mp and I could not remember the last time I had any problems. Halo 2 anniversary mp is fantastic. I really wish that the mcc was getting a Xbox One X update.

MCC in its current broken state is still worth the cheap as hell price you can find it for now. The campaigns "work" i was able to get through them with minimal issues, its multiplayer that is a catastrophe . I think Microsoft knows that the dream of a working as intended MCC is a dream still worth chasing and i will keep hope alive

Top Bottom