• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Foray passes away at 99

hollomat

Banned
Has it gotten to the point where threads need to be made about minor actresses who die at 99? She lived a completely full life.

People who devote their lives to fighting cancer, poverty, racism, etc die all the time so I'm not sure why a minor actress who lived 20 years as average life expectancy deserves a thread but they don't.

akira28

Has it gotten to the point where threads need to be made about minor actresses who die at 99? She lived a completely full life.

People who devote their lives to fighting cancer, poverty, racism, etc die all the time so I'm not sure why a minor actress who lived 20 years as average life expectancy deserves a thread but they don't.

make the thread for them.

RIP June.

Neith

Banned

People are in love with certain people I guess. Had no idea who this was at all, and I'm a film buff. Did some searching on wiki. I grew up with her voice in Ducktales and other older cartoons. Wow.

Nobody said those people dont deserve a thread as well.

This woman may have had a big part in the childhoods of those who read this board. No harm in having a thread looking back at those memories.

Chmpocalypse

Blizzard

Just move the fuck on if you don't like it. Jfc

Strike

Not unexpected considering her age. I was actually quite surprised that she was still active as recently as 2014. RIP.

j51uHm1.gif

Fat4all

Banned

what the actual fuck

do you lose money every time a thread is made?

Merc_

Well, get to making those threads then. I'm sure you must have a good number of them ready and didn't just pop up in this thread to shit on it.

SeanC

I like being shown someone's career that I didn't know about and probably should have. Sometimes people don't get enough credit, June sure as hell didn't considering I recognize a good amount of the characters she voiced.

I also like people that fight cancer and poverty.

You can have both. Have we gotten to the point where we can only do one thing at a time?

She was two months away from hitting 100... Fuuuuck that stings a bit.

Nonetheless... 99 years is pretty insane. She really lived a full, accomplished life.

She's a legend when it comes to animation and voiceover. There's an old quote that goes, "June Foray wasn't the female Mel Blanc. Mel Blanc was the male June Foray."

Granny from Looney Tunes, Rocky and Natasha from Rocky and Bullwinkle, she was performing those roles basically even up until now. Unbelievably dedicated to her work.

The Simpsons even had an homage to her in the Itchy and Scratchy and Poochie episode, plus she had a bit part in its first episode.

640622.jpg

She has a hell of a legacy. Even though it was pretty old I loved Rocky and Bullwinkle as a kid.

Edit - Oh my god I forgot she was Grandmother Fa and Magica de Spell too. God damn.

Nachos

This isn't your website.

Make your threads then, holy shit.

RIP, she's voiced so many nice characters.

Threads are not a zero sum game

To be remembered for a life that brought some joy to others on this shit world is worth it

You just sound like a bitter person with that reply

butalala

I love Rocky and Bullwinkle. I wish it was still on Netflix. Thank you to OP for sharing this news with me. RIP to a great actor. People who don't have anything nice to say shouldn't say anything at all.

The fuck man, she was a beloved voice actress.

Instead of shitting up this thread you could make threads about other people

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Giant in the field. RIP.

6bdbdb75c690f1872b118529ed4137cf.jpg

If you think June Foray was a "minor" actress, you should probably just sit down.

hpkomic

Neo Member

Jesus Christ. You were probably better off not posting.

RIP June. Amazing work and an amazing life.

G0523

Ooh! She was the original (only?) voice of Rocky the Squirrel from Rocky and Bullwinkle! And she was the only voice actress to play Granny and Witch Hazel from Looney Tunes. She was awesome! Sad to see her go but I guess it was her time. She definitely left a big mark in the voice acting world. She will be missed.

Foray was such an incredible actress, oh, man. It's mind-blowing to think of her body of work, what a legacy. Her autobiography is a great read - Did You Grow Up with Me, Too? She was an absolute pioneer. Rest in peace.

She's a legend when it comes to animation and voiceover. There's an old quote that goes, "June Foray wasn't the female Mel Blanc. Mel Blanc was the female June Foray."

It's such a great quote! What a legend.

June Foray is a legend. How about educate yourself instead of thread whining.

Is someone stopping you from making those threads?

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.

Excuse me??? Minor Actress? Look at her filmography and get back to me about that. She was pretty much the female Mel Blanc.

She was one of the last living legacies tied to the classic Warner Bros. Shorts. And she kept working right up until she passed. What a legend.

:-(

Make those threads then.

And don't worry, I'll be the bigger man and not go into them bitching about people mourning, like you're doing here.

Jmille99

Long accomplished life voicing some memorable characters of my childhood from Witch Hazel in Looney Tunes, Magica DeSpell in Ducktales and Rocky the Flying Squirrel from Rocky and Bullwinkle. RIP.

smurfx

get some go again
looking through her work i guess i would say that magica de spell is the one that means the most to me. i loved duck tales as a kid.

edit: she was also ma beagle!

Preble

Was just thinking recently if she'd make it to 100. Sad news. She did alot of great work in voice acting. RIP

RIP. She's the go-to voice I think of for an old lady.

Looking at her IMDb page is crazy. She was in everything back in the 60s.

At least she got to live a lengthy life, and continued her legendary career up to the last day. RIP.

No-Country-for-Old-Men_Tommy-Lee-Jones_Josh-Brolin_Javier-Bardem_9.jpg

Top Bottom