• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Foray passes away at 99

Kaban

Got to see her on stage a few times. Remember her being so tiny that she needed to stand on a step to reach the mic. Truly an important voice in the animation community, both literally and figuratively.

In addition to Looney Tunes and Rocky & Bullwinkle, she did some voices in more recent shows, like Flapjack.

Kelly.jpg

She was definitely a legend.
Voiced Granny in all of the Looney Tunes shows, including Cartoon Network's LTS.
Voiced Magica De Spell, especially Ducktales Remastered.

One of the more recent shows I remember her voice was in Flapjack and The Garfield Show.

RIP, June Foray.

Has it gotten to the point where threads need to be made about minor actresses who die at 99? She lived a completely full life.

People who devote their lives to fighting cancer, poverty, racism, etc die all the time so I'm not sure why a minor actress who lived 20 years as average life expectancy deserves a thread but they don't.
Don't be an asshole dude, it takes less time to ignore a thread than to type out what you did.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Got to see her on stage a few times. Remember her being so tiny that she needed to stand on a step to reach the mic. Truly an important voice in the animation community, both literally and figuratively.

In addition to Looney Tunes and Rocky & Bullwinkle, she did some voices in more recent shows, like Flapjack.

Kelly.jpg
she also reprised granny in the looney tunes show but not her other character witch hazel (now called lezah)

Raptomex

I have no idea who this woman is. I just looked her up and holy shit did she work basically to the end. Quite the legacy. RIP.

Rob Paulsen's excellent Talkin' Toons podcast made me realize how legendary June Foray is in the voice acting field, and how long her amazing talent has been in my life.
R.I.P

Daaaaaaaannnnggg. That lady voiced the characters of so many cartoons I loved to watch as a kid.

RIP, you lived a good long life.

Has it gotten to the point where threads need to be made about minor actresses who die at 99? She lived a completely full life.

People who devote their lives to fighting cancer, poverty, racism, etc die all the time so I'm not sure why a minor actress who lived 20 years as average life expectancy deserves a thread but they don't.

giphy.gif

This woman worked from 1937-2014. She's a voice known by generations. She has accomplished more than you ever will..😂

RIP and thanks for years of enjoyment..

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Omg. She voiced the vast majority of female characters (and some males) from my childhood. She lived an incredible life. Will be missed.

ryan13ts

She voiced so many characters in my favorite childhood cartoons, some of which I didn't even know about until now (She was Grammi Gummi in the Adventures of the Gummi Bears!).

What an incredible life she must have lived, not to mention the legacy she's left behind. RIP.

deo

Banned

What in the world... Are you kidding me with this? If you have a bone to pick with someone, leave it out of this thread where we're paying our condolences.

zeemumu

I feel like you don't actually care as much as you let on and just wanted to complain or you would've made those threads yourself. There was nothing stopping you.

RIP June Foray. You were great.

I didn't know she was original voice of Granny as well and continued to do it for all of Granny's incarnations all the way into 2014. That's crazy.

An absolute legend in the field.
RIP

Doing her thing well into her 90s.
I was pretty shocked that she was still voicing Granny in the newest Looney Tunes Show series and as Magica De Spell in Ducktales Remastered.

Sanjuro

I view Who Framed Roger Rabbit? as kind of the last hurrah of classic animation, featuring some of the last vocal performances of numerous voice actors.

She went on for another thirty years. RIP

V-Faction

WHAAAAAAAAAAT
WHAAAAAAAAAAAT?!?!

Okay, Okay, so, last night, at this exactly same time, I was thinking about the Gummi Bears, humming the theme song, and thought of June at the very same time. It was because of her distinctive voice, you'd never not-recognize it.

RIP.

zeemumu

Oh wow she even did the voices of the parodies of Rocky and Natasha in the Rocky and Bullwinkle parody show on Rugrats.

Ooh! She was the original (only?) voice of Rocky the Squirrel from Rocky and Bullwinkle! And she was the only voice actress to play Granny and Witch Hazel from Looney Tunes. She was awesome! Sad to see her go but I guess it was her time. She definitely left a big mark in the voice acting world. She will be missed.

June Foray wasn't the only actresses to play Granny & Witch Hazel, as much as I don't wanna seem "rude". She actually took over Bea Benaderet who was originally WB's go to voice-actress, she was great in the role though.

LiK

RIP to her and you.

Hi, OP here. Sorry for the rather lackluster first post for someone so famous. I dont make many threads, and should have put more thought/content into it before I hit enter.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
The fact she voiced characters that my dad grew up watching in Rocky & Bullwinkle and Looney Tunes (though he was a bit older) and I grew watching characters she voiced in The Smurfs and Gummi Bears kinda blows my mind. She voiced these characters decades apart. I also watched a ton of Looney Toons and Tom and Jerry.

RIP

G-Fex

I'm pretty damn certain she voiced the puppet in that one episode of Married with Children where Al is hocking crazy shoes.

RIP Rocky. What a legend :(

gryvan

Wow she did rocky and bullwinkle as well as mrs beakley and magica de spell?????

She was also GRANNY in sylvester and tweety?????

RIP my childhood VA

Top Bottom