• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Looks like The Last Of Us Part II is set in Seattle (Reddit)

FelipeMGM

Not sure if this has been discussed before or not in threads over here, but a redditor related shots from the trailer and from concept art to real world places in Seattle, and it all matches. So thats prob one of the settings

yRoua9z.jpg

iTnWmJE.jpg

F5LGiL3.jpg

N17wyji.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/Games/comm..._washington_location/?st=j5xrrada&sh=e1385da3

https://www.reddit.com/r/thelastofu..._could_take_place_in/?st=j5xrfyqf&sh=6e6260c3

Seeing how TLoU ends
with them in Jackson WY, they seem to be still fond of traveling long distances

CHC

All angsty young video game women are inexorably drawn towards the magnetic pull of the Pacific Northwest.

haha the amount of games set in the Pacific Northwest lately is staggering

Life is Strange
What Remains of Edith Finch
Infamous Second Son
Alan Wake
Oxenfree
Gone Home
Deadly Premonition
Days Gone

So many more

I mean it's a beautiful area, I get it, and I pass no judgment on TLOU 2 or any other game that chooses the area as its setting, but yeah... it's not exactly rare.

StoveOven

Banned
I mean, the first game had you traveling across the country, so I wouldn't be surprised if the game was set in more than just Seattle. Maybe something like traveling down the west coast.

FelipeMGM

I mean, the first game had you traveling across the country, so I wouldn't be surprised if the game was set in more than just Seattle. Maybe something like traveling down the west coast.

Yep. And for part 1 they had concept art set in San Francisco, so they might revisit those original ideas for this sequel

HYDE

Banned
Sasquatch must be in for sure. Supernatural sections are jumping from Uncharted to The Last of Us.

cj_iwakura

Life is Strange
Infamous Second Son
Alan Wake
Oxenfree
Gone Home
Deadly Premonition
Days Gone

So many more

I mean it's a beautiful area, I get it, and I pass no judgment on TLOU 2 or any other game that chooses the area as its setting, but yeah... it's not exactly rare.

Shadowrun Returns too, though Seattle is a major city in Shadowrun lore.

nowhoney

Damn, it's impressive that someone has pieced all of this together.

On a side note, I'm so excited for this game -- the sequel to my favorite of all-time.

NEO0MJ

Was kinda hoping they'd go out side the US for the sequel but I guess that's asking too much of american developers.

Was kinda hoping they'd go out side the US for the sequel but I guess that's asking too much of american developers.
Why would they even do that? What purpose would that serve to the story when America is already large enough setting for this game? And what does being American company has anything to do with it?

Johndoey

Banned
Why would you have ever legitimately hoped that would happen?

Not to say it's a bad idea, but nothing would indicate going out of the states. It's very focused on the devastation of the U.S.

strafer

I seriously can't wait for this game.

Part of me want to watch every trailer and gameplay footage but I also wanna go in blind.

Decisions.

StoveOven

Banned

I don't get the hostility towards this post. I think it'd be very cool to see how the concept of nations and international borders exists in this post-apocalypse

Plum

"We need to get up to the top of the Space Needle, Ellie!"

"But that's a stupid idea, Joel."

"Shut up, Ellie the game needs a cool set piece that shows off the draw distance; logic and safety be damned!"

I'm gonna have faith that ND are sensible enough to not put a forced Space Needle section in

I don't get the hostility towards this post. I think it'd be very cool to see how the concept of nations and international borders exists in this post-apocalypse

Because it shows a fundamental misunderstanding of the theme of the game while at the same time being an asshole to ND and american developers in general? If anything people are being too light on it.

Marcel

You clearly don't get the game if you think The Last of Us is about sightseeing around the post-apocalypse. The "lazy American developers" thing is also out of nowhere and totally unnecessary.

StoveOven

Banned
You clearly don't get the game if you think The Last of Us is about sightseeing around the post-apocalypse. The "lazy American developers" thing is also out of nowhere and totally unnecessary.

You clearly don't get my post if you think that's what I'm suggesting

Maxey

"We need to get up to the top of the Space Needle, Ellie!"

"But that's a stupid idea, Joel."

"Shut up, Ellie the game needs a cool set piece that shows off the draw distance; logic and safety be damned!"

I'm gonna have faith that ND are sensible enough to not put a forced Space Needle section in
I wouldn't be surprised if the tower collapsed in the meantime.

Marcel

You clearly don't get my post if you think that's what I'm suggesting

I don't really get the suggestion of arbitrarily going to another country when the game is just a vehicle for telling Joel and Ellie's personal stories, yeah. It's just your normal NeoGAF armchair developer idea worthy of clapback and not much else.

StoveOven

Banned
I don't really get the suggestion of arbitrarily going to another country when the game is just a vehicle for telling Joel and Ellie's personal stories, yeah. It's just your normal NeoGAF armchair developer idea worthy of clapback and not much else.

I don't really get your repulsion at the idea and your preference towards arbitrarily staying in the US. If the story is about the personal relationships, how does going to Canada undermine that?

Marcel

I don't really get your repulsion at the idea and your preference towards arbitrarily staying in the US. If the story is about the personal relationships, how does going to Canada undermine that?

And you still haven't demonstrated how sending the game to Canada or any other country actually enhances the main draws of the game other than shallow novelty. Maybe you should just let the person with the shallow idea actually defend their shallow idea rather than carrying water for them.

Life is Strange
Infamous Second Son
Alan Wake
Oxenfree
Gone Home
Deadly Premonition
Days Gone

So many more

It wouldn't surprise me if we end up visiting PNW in the Horizon sequel, as well, since it will most probably be set in the Forbidden West.

Top Bottom