• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Trusty Bell/Eternal Sonata screens

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Also direct feed TGS trailer, so so beautiful!
http://www.xboxyde.com/leech_3571_1_en.html

From gamewatch: http://www.watch.impress.co.jp/game/docs/20070223/tb.htm

1099_0001.jpg

1099_0002.jpg

1099_0003.jpg

1099_0004.jpg

1099_0005.jpg

1099_0006.jpg

1099_0007.jpg

1099_0008.jpg

1099_0009.jpg

1099_0010.jpg

1099_0011.jpg

1099_0012.jpg

1099_0013.jpg

1099_0014.jpg

1099_0015.jpg

1099_0016.jpg

1099_0017.jpg

1099_0018.jpg

1099_0019.jpg

1099_0020.jpg

1099_0021.jpg

1099_0022.jpg

1099_0023.jpg

1099_0024.jpg

1099_0025.jpg

1099_0026.jpg

1099_0027.jpg

1099_0028.jpg

1099_0029.jpg

1099_0030.jpg

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Playing this at TGS, it was certainly one of the most fun titles to grace my fingertips but it was, quite conversely, one of the ugliest (from a technical standpoint). The aesthetic art and character design magnifies the game's demeanor and sets the mood for what's to come.

Art aside, the game looked horrible (once again, technically) compared to its brethren....like Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey. And its certainly no Okami when discussing the game's artistic decisions, but it is definitely pleasing to the eye.

However, from a gameplay perspective, the combat is very well developed and exciting to play. I had a blast playing it and could understand the line it entailed.

EDIT: What I was meaning to finally say was that these shots prove otherwise; the game really looks amazing on both fronts: techincally and artistically.

Hopefully the other areas you battle in are more interesting than the bland open field. Also, why do Japanese developers release screenshots at odd resolutions?

EDIT: Just noticed the "Musical Instrument Weapons". Nice touch.:)

I love the concept and environments and graphical tech in this, but I just can't stand the character designs. It pains me to look at them. :( It's really frustrating!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
God it`s looking awesome. I really enjoyed the battle system when I played it at TGS, but I hope they actually add AI to the overworld enemies. In the demo, I would run by them and they wouldn`t even chase me.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Flo_Evans said:
I look at this and I get pissed at how awsome DQ10 would of looked on the 360 or the PS3 :(

amazing cell shading.

First, it`s would HAVE. Second, DQ was never about graphics. You shouldn`t have expected it on PS3 or 360.

Flo_Evans

TheTrin said:
First, it`s would HAVE. Second, DQ was never about graphics. You shouldn`t have expected it on PS3 or 360.

well I was pretty impressed with what they did on the PS2. Its not about the graphics but when you are gonna be playing a game for 50+ hours its nice to have it look pretty.

and yeah I know its 'going to' not 'gonna' :p

Alex

Hopefully it's as fun as Baten Kaitos, looking forward to it.

DQ started to also be about presentation and visuals when they released a game that had....gasp...good presentation and excellent visuals.

ethelred

Durante said:
I think I'll buy a 360 when this is released in English.

I've long said that the instant either this game or Blue Dragon hits the US, that's when I'm getting my 360.

Seeing these new awesome screens makes me wish that day would come a bit faster.

Personally I think this game looked much more fun than either BD or LO, and has a superior look to the former

A lot of the battle screens seem completely unimpressive though with that sparse grassy knoll. I also expect some crazy cell shading this gen, this is just the beginning...its the art that makes it, the tech doesnt seem that impressive

peace

Gigglepoo

Flo_Evans said:
I look at this and I get pissed at how awsome DQ10 would of looked on the 360 or the PS3 :(

Hasn't anyone taught you grammar? Would have. You're thinking of would've.

Anyway, DQX could still show up on a next generation console. The series is always developed for the most successful active platform, remember? Between the two handheld systems and three next generation console, the NDS has the largest userbase, and that shouldn't change by the time DQIX comes out later this year.

To get back on topic, these pictures look incredible. I haven't played a JRPG I've really loved since Skies of Arcadia on my Dreamcast, but this and Blue Dragon are certainly making me anxious to jump back into the genre. Hope it turns out to be as fun as it looks.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Gigglepoo said:

Anyway, DQX could still show up on a next generation console. The series is always developed for the most successful active platform, remember? Between the two handheld systems and three next generation console, the NDS has the largest userbase, and that shouldn't change by the time DQIX comes out later this year.

To get back on topic, these pictures look incredible. I haven't played a JRPG I've really loved since Skies of Arcadia on my Dreamcast, but this and Blue Dragon are certainly making me anxious to jump back into the genre. Hope it turns out to be as fun as it looks.

How do you know he's not from another country where English isn't the native language?

FAKE EDIT: And if he's from the U.S.....well, then you're absolutely correct to admonish him for his actions :)

Smokey

I just looked at these pics again. Wow.

If MS advertises this right, they've got a huge hit on their hands.

JCBossman

Banned
I never played Japanese Rpg's before but this looks so good I might have to give it a shot, how do these things control? are they third person?Freeroaming? I picturing somthing like KOTOR? I imagine Trusty Bell is the Japaneese Name and Eternal Sonata is the werstern one? Which is better this or Blue Dragon?

thetrin

Flo_Evans said:
well I was pretty impressed with what they did on the PS2. Its not about the graphics but when you are gonna be playing a game for 50+ hours its nice to have it look pretty.

and yeah I know its 'going to' not 'gonna' :p

Gonna is acceptable slang. Would of is just plain wrong.

And I feel the exact opposite about game length. The longer a game is, the less I notice the graphics as I play longer and longer.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
Smokey Bones said:
I just looked at these pics again. Wow.

If MS advertises this right, they've got a huge hit on their hands.

Isn't Namco publishing this?

EDIT: Let me rephrase that: Namco is publishing this.

Flo_Evans

Gigglepoo said:

I already got my free daily GAF grammer lesson thanks. I did forget that the next DQ is number 9 though!

This does look really good. Is there anyway to play import 360 games yet?

antiloop

I don't care so much about BD or LO but this has me interested since the first trailer and pics. Looks really good. :)

thetrin

Flo_Evans said:
I already got my free daily GAF grammer lesson thanks. I did forget that the next DQ is number 9 though!

Honestly, a JP 360 is actually a better value than a US one. Not only are they comparatively cheaper, but all JP games are region locked, while no major US releases are. Therefore, you can actually play games from both regions on a JP 360, but not with a US 360.

Short answer: get a JP 360.

Gigglepoo

Flo_Evans said:

It should be "any way." :D

There is no easy way to play X360 games from Japan on an American system. However, this is coming to America at some point in the not so distant future. It's more fun to play in English anyway, right?

Blimblim

The Inside Track
dirtmonkey37 said:
Is it an extended trailer or is it just a straight-up direct feed of the TGS trailer.

Thanks for the shots Blim! Gorgeous. I'm jealous that you've already beaten Blue Dragon.
It's the same trailer, but I did not have a direct feed version before, or any other version since I had been "nicely" asked to remove every videos from the MS TGS press conference.

Defuser

You guys better hope it's not gonna have the Blue Dragon effect where it hits the top 10 and fell off the charts completely next week.

Top Bottom