• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PUBG: BattlEye banning 6k-13k cheaters a day.

vocab

Reports came out recently from BattlEye's twitter saying they are banning 6k-13k a day nearly 20k within the last 24 hours alone. The vast majority of cheaters are from China.

First post reported that over 320k cheaters have been banned since the game came out.

https://twitter.com/TheBattlEye/status/918734703183659008

This game is looking to over take Counter Strike for ban records at this rate. I have only been cheated blatantly once in the 50 hours I played the game, which seems rare because in Counter Strike Go it was like 1 in 3 games at the higher ranked level. Leaderboards are fucked in PUBG that it's no longer worth looking at. Bunch of cheaters/account sharing with insane KDA/wins that no normal person could ever do.

I'm curious to see how they are gonna handle the situation throughout the lifespan. This game has potential, but it could be a slow death if they can't get it under control on top of the other problems with the game. However, they could take a valve approach and just rake in those new account dollars, while throwing ban waves here and there. Have you been cheated in PUBG yet?

Foxxsoxx

Will never understand why people cheat in video games...

It isn't nearly as satisfying as winning with your own skill, makes me sad so many people resort to this kind of stuff.

patientx

I saw a post yesterday on steam community forums asking about which cheats to use because "developer isn't doing anything about it anyway". People were complaining about top of the lists ,top500-100, is full of cheaters I don't know if this is true or not though.

Woo-Fu

Banned

It isn't nearly as satisfying as winning with your own skill, makes me sad so many people resort to this kind of stuff.

In general it is because young males often enjoy being assholes---some grow out of it. It isn't about winning, it is about making the other guy lose.

China though is a special case. You're expected to cheat in real life. If you don't you're not being competitive. No surprise that would extend into gaming.

http://www.scmp.com/comment/insight...86/why-do-chinese-students-think-its-ok-cheat

jet1911

Haven’t encountered a blatant cheater yet but I mostly play solo so it’s hard to judge if the guy who just killed you was cheating or not.

Holdfing

Haven't encountered anyone after ~120 hours that I would call a cheater with 100% certainty. It's nice to see they're doing something about them assholes.

I haven't been cheated since I played Halo 2 on OG Xbox (popping the disc to use modded maps, bridging host to standby and use mods etc)

One of the reasons I never wanna touch pc gaming is the slightly increased chances of getting a cheater.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The last two weeks have been awful, before I never felt like anyone was cheating but now I feel that way regularly. When you get absolutely deleted, tab out to check their stats and see 147 KDR it just kills any motivation to keep playing. My friends are already getting sick of it and are on the edge of quitting.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Hopefully some of those are people using their logitech/razer mouse software to implement no-recoil scripts.

60 hours in, never saw a real cheater. Now I wonder what people calls a cheater. Cause sometimes, people are just really good or really lucky.

Glad they're tackling it, but to be honest, it's one of the reasons I don't like playing PC games that much. It's just another hassle to have to think about whether the other player was cheating, and I know it's not often, but it's something the player shouldn't ever need to think about - but they do, even if no one is cheating, I see people getting accused of cheating all of the time. Skilled players get witch hunted by the average players that have peaked.

More people being banned from PUBG than are playing Lawbreakers.

I don't think we need someone to explain that 10 is less than 6,000-13,000. Wasn't really a reason to go there.

Lylo

I have no problem with cheats in offline single-player modes, like unlimited ammo, god mode, etc, i grew up with that being part of videogames (when all you had to do was to buy a videogame magazine, not some loot crate BS...).

What i despise is the people that ruin the game for other players in online games, that's not fair and should not be tolerated, so, good on Bluehole for doing something to minimize the problem.

Glad they're tackling it, but to be honest, it's one of the reasons I don't like playing PC games that much. It's just another hassle to have to think about whether the other player was cheating, and I know it's not often, but it's something the player shouldn't ever need to think about - but they do, even if no one is cheating, I see people getting accused of cheating all of the time. Skilled players get witch hunted by the average players that have peaked.

People just need to learn to take a loss. Unless someones go through walls or fly, people should stop explaining their loss with cheating.

People just need to learn to take a loss. Unless someones go through walls or fly, people should stop explaining their loss with cheating.

That's easy to say when there aren't, y'know, people who are actually cheating.

The most common type of cheat is a wall hack and similar perception based advantages, and it's pretty easy to use it, without having it look like you're cheating.

From Eurogamer

Battlegrounds is a game that has found meteoric success over the last few months attracting millions of bloodthirsty players ready to fight to the death, but not all of them want to play by the rules. Depending on who you ask PUBG either has a serious hacking problem that affects every game or cheaters are barely noticeable, rare unicorns witnessed every one hundred games or so. Whichever side of the fence you sit on, PUBG has banned roughly tens of thousands of hackers in the last three months, so they're certainly out there. You may very well have played with a hacker, but the truth is you'd never know it, if the hacker slowly stalked you using ESP, an ability that grants the cheater extra sensory perception of your location at all times. You'd just think you were unlucky. You can't win every game after all.

300,000 people banned for cheating is around 2% of PUBGs community. That means within every lobby, you're likely to have at least one, likely two, people using some sort of software that is at least registering as a cheat.

Because majority of people don't have any skill.

I wish Valve was banning cheaters this frequently.

That's a huge amount daily, I usually play 4-6 matches a day and fortunately haven't run into any (I play on European servers only).

Because majority of people don't have any skill.

I wish Valve was banning cheaters this frequently.

Actually on most games being skilled isn't required to win, because they have skill based matchmaking. PUBG is more of a problem for those players, because it doesn't have skill based matchmaking, therefore within a random sample, they'll consistently perform below average. That likely, pushes people towards cheating more frequently.

Additionally, an individual cheater gets to affect the game of 100 players. There's few games where that's true, so that's probably just quite an appealing fun-factor for some. Many cheaters just do it to see how others react.

That's a huge amount daily, I usually play 4-6 matches a day and fortunately haven't run into any (I play on European servers only).

If someone was running ESP, you have no realistic way of knowing they were using it.

In PUBG it's even harder to detect as a player, because you won't often see the same player twice. In games like CS, you can observe a pattern across a long period of games, where a guy is just anticipating things unrealistically effectively, but in something like PUBG, you'd never know.

Rains

At this point i would just block all AS ip address's from other servers the amount of chineese cheaters lately is crazy

SledGod

What surprised me is finding out that a fair amount of cheaters in CSGO are actually very skilled players who feel like they need cheats to stay competitive, kind of like athletes using steroids. Obviously that's an incredibly toxic mindset. Cheating can be difficult to distinguish from very high skill/luck in that game, not sure if that's the case in PUBG.

Doikor

I saw a post yesterday on steam community forums asking about which cheats to use because "developer isn't doing anything about it anyway". People were complaining about top of the lists ,top500-100, is full of cheaters I don't know if this is true or not though.

There probably is a lot of cheaters in top N lists. Problem is that even though you notice someone is cheating you can't ban them at that moment. If you do it gets very easy for the cheat makers to know if/how their cheat is detected and thus there is usually a delay between detection and the actual ban (can range from days to months depending on the developer/cheat detection system)

KodaRuss

Battleye is really making a name for themselves having cleaned up Rainbow Six and now working on PUBG.

Sad that we need this in gaming but its good to see developers make the investment to curb it.

SledGod

Watch out, your misandry is showing.

Oh c'mon dude, teenage boys have absolutely earned the stereotype for being assholes in this setting. Young girls are a bunch of assholes too, but they're typically not the ones acting out in the way we're talking about.

Tagyhag

Damn, I didn't know it was that many dumbasses per day, that's just more money for Bluehole because they'll have to keep playing what everyone else is playing.

Thankfully I never felt like I ran into one.

On the PS4 or Xbox One, how do you know the player that killed you isn't using a XIM4?

Marcel

7DJWiyJ.png

Kyougar

300,000 people banned for cheating is around 2% of PUBGs community. That means within every lobby, you're likely to have at least one, likely two, people using some sort of software that is at least registering as a cheat.

But the chance to actually meet those 2 cheaters would be low. I don't know what exactly they cheat, but if it isn't invulnerability, there is a good chance they will be dead before you meet them.
If they can't be killed, you will only always meet them when you are constantly in the top 5.

BattlEye seems like it would piss off a lot of hackers. Im surprised hackers haven't found a way around them seeing as they are the security for a lot of big games

Actually on most games being skilled isn't required to win, because they have skill based matchmaking. PUBG is more of a problem for those players, because it doesn't have skill based matchmaking, therefore within a random sample, they'll consistently perform below average. That likely, pushes people towards cheating more frequently.
I could have sworn that PUBG has skill-based matchmaking.

Faddy

Banned
I could have sworn that PUBG has skill-based matchmaking.

With so many players per game and early game luck being a huge factor in the outcome I don't really see the point in doing any sort of skill matching. Better just to get players in a new game as quickly as possible.

With so many players per game and early game luck being a huge factor in the outcome I don't really see the point in doing any sort of skill matching. Better just to get players in a new game as quickly as possible.
I think that the bolded is a much too common overstatement. Adaptability is the greatest skill you can have in this game.

Top Bottom