• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nickelodeon Suspends Chris Savino (Creator of The Loud House)

Blues1990

"According to people within the studio, as many as a dozen women have come forward to accuse Savino of inappropriate behavior, ranging from unwanted sexual advances to threats of industry blacklisting after the end of consensual relationships with co-workers.

Rumors of Savino's behavior date back at least a decade, and have followed him through multiple productions that he has worked on over the years.

Nickelodeon did not confirm that Savino was not currently at the studio."

More at the link.

On the one hand, several people have disregarded this on the grounds it's Cartoon Brew (and a similar case had happened with reports of Justin Roiland mistreating his crew members on 'Rick and Morty,' which said crew members went to call out Amid for painting their boss like he's a unsympathetic jackal). Then there's the fact that CB is only site reporting this.

But if this is true, Chris is setting a bad example as both a husband and a father, despite being one of the best modern cartoonist in the animation industry. It doesn't help that there haven't been any comments from the production crew defending Chris.
But if true, good on Nickelodeon for giving the guy the boot and those women calling him out for being a creep.

Rvaan

Banned
This was not the TV producer I was expecting Nick to suspend. But good on them for do the right thing here.

Wait... What accusations are you mentioning about Justin Roiland? He has always seemed like an incredibly genuine dude. Source?

On the one hand, several people have disregarded this on the grounds it's Cartoon Brew (and a similar case had happened with reports of Justin Roiland mistreating his crew members on 'Rick and Morty,' which said crew members went to call out Amid for painting their boss like he's a unsympathetic jackal). Then there's the fact that CB is only site reporting this.

Not exactly building a good case for this being true...

Lijik

Wait... What accusations are you mentioning about Justin Roiland? He has always seemed like an incredibly genuine dude. Source?

Amid took a reddit post Justin made about unionizing his studio out of context, and then wrote a hit piece where he only reached out to the union for comment.

Biochet

with the amount of information coming out these past few weeks about these pieces pf shit doing this to women, i really hope sexual child harassment isn't as widespread and covered-up

As far as that Nickelodeon rumor, you cannot fire people over blind items, which is basically what that rumor is. If it comes out that there were decades of reports that they ignored, then we can talk, but all of that is gossip rag rumors (which people usually remember the true ones and forget about all the false ones).

Enzom21

Schneider next please.

https://twitter.com/soberloren/status/909176761325375488
dwPIawo.gif

zFpjX3E.png
Here's hoping.

Cartoon Brew? Yeah this isn't going anyway. Good on Nickelodeon for suspending him though, sucks that Savino may be a real "jerk" and a pedophile, too though, especially if those accusations go anywhere, but I guess it proves you can't trust anyone.

SCChappy

Banned
it feels like that one rumor is an open secret and nobody says or just can’t do anything about it

it’s fucked up if it’s really true

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Loud House is great; I've listened to a few interviews and podcasts with Chris Savino and I quite liked the guy, disgusted if any of these allegations ring true.

Edit: No comment from Nickelodeon confirming Chris' suspension or on the allegations though for the moment except the usual "we don't comment," so there's hope....maybe.

it feels like that one rumor is an open secret and nobody says or just can’t do anything about it

it’s fucked up if it’s really true

If it's true, it's only going to take one person going on the record to blow the whole thing open. But someone is going to have to go on the record. And given that he's been in entertainment for like 30 years (started as an actor in the 80s, and as a writer/producer in the mid/late 90s), that leaves a lot of people he worked with.

Zubz

Banned
Good. I hope this keeps going.

Yup. I don't know anything about Savino & it sounds like Cartoon Brew's untrustworthy, & of course I hope nothing terrible's been going on behind the scenes anywhere. If he is innocent, I hope this gets sorted out.

But it feels like we're reaching a point where creeps who use positions of power for sexual gain are actually being met with repercussions, & this chain of people being outed shows people are no longer willing to overlook this kind of behavior because they were in that movie they liked or whatever. And there's a long history of this behavior going unexposed, so it's good to see that get tidied up.

And, again. Schneider. There was definitely something horrible behind the scenes there with how much of his pre-teen foot fetish was apparent in his work that was publicly seen. I'm genuinely expecting him to be one of the next ones to be exposed in the near future.

This meme has gone to far.
Okay he looks like a fucking creep and he's fat, we get it, but the only thing that seems out of the ordinary with him is his preoccupation with feet.

Otherwise this entire thread is baseless claims extrapolated from a 4chan half-joking and half-serious (depending on who you're talking to) conspiracy.

I mean look at this:

"give me a blow ill give you a show schneider" , "suck my dick to get on nick schneider" , "if she's a fighter hold her tighter schneider"

This tweet-threader is claiming that "it's no wonder he has nicknames like this", when in reality he doesn't.
I'm actuality, on /tv/, they'll make a thread with Schneider as the topic with his picture, either asking "what's his name" or posting one themselves, and then there'll be hundreds of posts with people coming up with whichever creative names they can.

And those two "some say" tweets (specifically the Bynes one) is just a way for a person to make it sound like they know something without having solid points in order to lead people such as ourselves to ponder the accusation/claim made and lead us towards the same conclusion without any actual connections.

"Dan Schneider is a pedophile rapist"----->Someone on his old show has literal schizophrenia=must be connected and must be true because "hollyweird"

It's a leading string of thought.

And those supposed insidious sex jokes?

Teens are sexual, it would be weirder if he had a show of this sort thay didnt make any reference to it or have any childish jokes/innuendo whatsoever, especially when such things aren't unique to him and are prevalent in media from cartoons all the way to old sitcoms from multiple decades past, but no let's selectively clip out videos and write "dark and mysterious" tweets around them to make it seem like a bombshell expose on Dan Schneiders deep perversion.

Now if Dan is really out here Weinsteining his way though Nickelodeon pre-teens/teeny-boppers than by all mean let's hope that all of his dastardly deeds come to light and that his victims get their justice, but until there's any solid rock behind this (as in not quotes from a fucking Reddit ama which anyone could have typed on a whim), it will be nothing more than a case study in human confirmation bias, stupidity, and the harm of witch hunting.

Stop it.

Xe4

Banned
I mean, Cartoon Brew is basically a glorified blog, and I have numerous problems with Amid as a journalist (which is sad because thy're the most read source about animation). I'll wait till a more reputable source confirms this. If true, fuck Savino.
Edit: Oh, someone has come out and accused him on social media. Now it's looking more like it's true...
My point still stands on Amid, but I wouldn't be surprised for it to be true either. Still waiting for independent verification.

That you, Dan?

At least with Harvey, we had 20+ years of him paying settlements to women as proof of something possibly going down, even if we didn't know exactly what it was until now. As far as I know, Schneider doesn't even have that, just people seeing a foot fetish and some gossip without much attribution.

That you, Dan?
Nope.
Just irritated after the last thread where I saw a poster (who is generally always alarmist and overly-emotional) claim that Dan was surely a child rapist and surely a sick fuck who needed to put away.
There's a difference between reasonable suspicion, as in things regarding his foot obsession, and full on slander based off of leading and selective claims/tweets.

Richie

Someone in that article's comments produced a Facebook framegrab where a Bojack Horseman director claims Savino also harassed her back in 2004. Only a matter of time before many voices come out, it seems...This is looking to be true, in which case, fuck Savino.

I just checked through Cartoon Brew's Facebook post on this and the captured message isn't there. Could have been deleted, done in other post...At any rate it's only a matter of time before things come out now that CB's opened this can of worms.

Just irritated after the last thread where I saw a poster (who is generally always alarmist and overly-emotional) claim that Dan was surely a child rapist and surely a sick fuck who needed to put away.

lol okay dude

Nobody's asking you to believe anything, but going to bat so hard for some guy you don't know is weird.

Venture

Damn. Reminds me of the situation with the show Clarence on Cartoon Network. They fired it's creator off his own show. Glad to see some of these companies taking this seriously.

vypek

Damn. Reminds me of the situation with the show Clarence on Cartoon Network. They fired it's creator off his own show. Glad to see some of these companies taking this seriously.

Oh nice. I heard there were some things coming to light a while back but didn't know he got the boot.

lol okay dude

Nobody's asking you to believe anything, but going to bat so hard for some guy you don't know is weird.
Weirder than near-baselessly labelling him as probably the worse thing a person could be?
I'm not going to the bat for Dan, I'm attacking the reasoning/logic behind the accusations/claims, that are harmful even towards general discourse and a variety of topics, not just relating towards accusing people of crimes.

One solid point is all I need, but at this point there's no ground behind general iffy vibes.

JDdelphin

I mean, Cartoon Brew is basically a glorified blog, and I have numerous problems with Amid as a journalist (which is sad because thy're the most read source about animation). I'll wait till a more reputable source confirms this. If true, fuck Savino.

Yeah if true, he should be canned, and seek help and become a better person.

If not, fuck Amid.

Also, if there's literally nothing but this Amid guy saying he got canned
-on his own site where they never check facts and just print opinion like it's some dudes tumblr page-
Shouldn't the thread title reflect this lack of confirmation?

'Untrustworthy blog reports baseless information without fear of reproach.'

I mean, at least throw in 'reportedly' or 'allegedly' or what have you...

Top Bottom