• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nickelodeon Suspends Chris Savino (Creator of The Loud House)

For what it is worth Deadline (which is a credible industry site) has also reported on the allegations, now it uses Cartoon Brew as the basis but they probably would have done a minimum of their own research before repeating the story.

Variety is reporting it too. I'm at the point at which I think I can safely say fuck Chris Savino.
http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/lou...avino-suspended-sexual-harassment-1202593429/

Yep, this plus Anne Walker Farrell's tweets confirm this all. Fuck Chris Savino.

Apt101

Wow. I personally cannot fathom how a person can get to a point where they are predatory like this. I can't even imagine harassing a woman, let alone trying to exercise power over one for sex. These Hollywood stories are amazing (in an awful way) to me.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Can't remember her name, but the iCarly costar once put out a Snapchat where she is disheveled and makeup smeared all over, she says than Dan did it to her and she knows he is likely looking at it.

Edit: Jeanette McCurdy

https://youtu.be/xdNZjxJ0ifg

Wow, that's bad and huge. Chris Savino is a piece of shit, I honestly didn't see that coming. That sucks. Oh well, Nick did the right thing at least.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
What happened with Clarence

Never watched that

The creator harassed several women, i think he end up in a clinic or something due a mental breakdown.
I was working on a Clarence game when that happened.

And now im working on a The Loud House project...=/

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
You can absolutely write about children's sexual enlightenment without framing it as explicitly sexual or titillating. None of your examples are as egregious as a prepubescent Ariana Grande groping a potato begging for the "juice" to come out, putting her feet in her mouth on her bed as she squirms, and seductively pouring water on her torso/neck with the camera framing her as a sexualized object.

I agree that the pictures of Schneider are particularly damning as well. Keep in mind however, if you couple those photos with the instances in that Twitter thread, then you can most likely see a pattern that hints towards predatory behavior.

First off, that's not prepubescent Ariana Grande.. she was 17 or 18 when she made that potato clip. ..and yeah a lot of kids television in that age range (9 to 15/16) has a lot of double entendres and whatnot thrown in. Hell Spongebob has it.

Also both Grande and Mccurdy were over 18 when Sam and Cat was on.

Schneider obviously has a foot fetish.. but nobody has ever accused him outside of some 4chan/reddit crap that has nothing on him.

There's been enough people going through his shows through the years that had nothing to lose by keeping quiet about it.

People accuse him because: He's fat, he makes kids shows, he has a foot fetish. He also seems a bit socially awkward. Doesn't make the guy a pedophile.

Zubz

Banned
Who knows, but i can safely say that Ian J and Rebecca Sugar won't be it, the only things they have buried in the past are embarrassing comics they drew as teens.

I love that we live in a day & age where creators have a recorded Internet presence.

The creator harassed several women, i think he end up in a clinic or something due a mental breakdown.
I was working on a Clarence game when that happened.

And now im working on a The Loud House project...=/

Man, that's some luck!

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
lol

I love that we live in a day & age where creators have a recorded Internet presence.

Man, that's some luck!
Yeah, what i heard about the Clarence dude was that he was creep but had "friends in high places" that would cover him.
But then he went ham on a company party or something like that, and they fired him.
He used to voice Clarence too.

zulux21

a quick look and i don't see him actually being behind any of the eps of season 2.

so ideally despite losing the creator this won't have a huge effect on the series and it will continue to be a decent show that is allowing nick to do things they wouldn't have done a few years back.

still... hope more people get exposed, this behavior is not acceptable.

Sigh...heartbreaking.
I guess where there's smoke...there's fire...UGH.
If Chris has done what he's accused of allegedly doing I really freakin' hope he gets some therapy, and continues to create fun new worlds and interesting narratives on his own time.
Sexual harassment ain't cool (to put it lightly) and Nick made the right move on this one, but Savino is still a brilliant animator, cartoonist, and storyteller with a very inspiring career.

I mean...this ain't no run-of-the-mill middle aged fat cat millionaire yuppy motherfucker like Harvey Wienstien who I couldn't begin to care less about. Imagining the artist who made something as fun, heartwarming, refreshing, and inclusive as The Loud House doing something like this and just disappearing...is disappointing to say the least.
I mean...his insta was deleted today so...

*cuethe"YOUWERETHECHOSENONE!"gif*

zulux21

Sigh...heartbreaking.
I guess where there's smoke...there's fire...UGH.
If Chris has done what he's accused of allegedly doing I really freakin' hope he gets some therapy, and continues to create fun new worlds and interesting narratives on his own time.
Sexual harassment ain't cool (to put it lightly) and Nick made the right move on this one, but Savino is still a brilliant animator, cartoonist, and storyteller with a very inspiring career.

I mean...this ain't no run-of-the-mill middle aged fat cat millionaire yuppy motherfucker like Harvey Wienstien who I couldn't begin to care less about. Imagining the artist who made something as fun, heartwarming, refreshing, and inclusive as The Loud House doing something like this and just disappearing...is disappointing to say the least.
I mean...his insta was deleted today so...

*cuethe"YOUWERETHECHOSENONE!"gif*
inclusive... that was the word i was looking for but couldn't find.

I do also wonder how much influence he had in the show being inclusive, as it doesn't seem like he is credited for any of the episodes that feature inclusive moments.

a quick look and i don't see him actually being behind any of the eps of season 2.

so ideally despite losing the creator this won't have a huge effect on the series and it will continue to be a decent show that is allowing nick to do things they wouldn't have done a few years back.
inclusive... that was the word i was looking for but couldn't find.

I do also wonder how much influence he had in the show being inclusive, as it doesn't seem like he is credited for any of the episodes that feature inclusive moments.

Well...
Here's the deal...most good showrunners are heavily (HEAVILY) involved in almost every facet of a cartoon's production, even when they're not specifically listed as the primary writers or storybaorders or whatever gets an immediate credit.
They're present at every meeting.
They're always in the writers room throwing ideas at the wall.
They're always at the thumbnail/storyboard pitch, critiquing their crew's work to make a better show.
They're also in the studio listening to and approving the music that will be featured in the program.
And they're usually helping the VO director guide the actors in the booth, since you know...it's their vision, everybody wants to know what Rebecca Sugar/Ian Jones Quarty/Daron Nefcy/etc. wants their show to sound like.

Basically, they're a pretty damn important part of what makes their show engaging and unique.

Once Pen Ward left Adventure Time it was never really the same show, and many fans were able to mark a noticeable decline in the show's quality post-2014 (and it also didn't help that Rebecca Sugar left for her own project, but that's neither here nor there).
I honestly wouldn't count on Savino's leave having no effect on the quality of the program going forward.

zulux21

Well...
Here's the deal...showrunners are heavily (HEAVILY) involved in almost every facet of a cartoon's production, even when they're not specifically listed as the primary writers or storybaorders or whatever gets an immediate credit.
They go to every meeting, they're always in the writers room, they're critiquing in the thumbnail/storyboard pitch, they're listening to the music in the studio, they help guide the VOs in the recording booth, etc.
They're a pretty important part of what makes their show engaging and unique.

Once Penn Ward left Adventure Time it was never really the same show, and many fans were able to mark a noticeable decline in the show's quality post-2014 (and it also didn't help that Rebecca Sugar left for her own project, but that's neither here nor there).
I honestly wouldn't count on Savino's leave having no effect on the quality of the program going forward.
fair enough, though personally I think sugar leaving was more of a loss than Ward, as that was a more clear loss to me. Plus after so many years you are going to see a decline in quality in general anyways. really they seem to have forgotten adventure is part of the series name.

anyways, it's true that he could be doing a ton behind the scenes. But especially in the case of the loud house, I feel the cast is well enough defined, that even with the loss of him the other writers will likely be able to cover for any loss.

if the show was less popular I could see this causing the show to get canned, but last I checked the loud house was one of the best rated series nick had at this point, so I doubt this will effect that.

I mean, time will tell. Personally I don't think the first half of season 2 of the loud house was very good in general, but it's been getting better again. Lisa in particular was horrible in the first half of season 2 when they shifted her from being ignorant to why she shouldn't do things, to just being downright creepy.

Top Bottom