• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Unofficial) PS4 Footage of Assassin's Creed:Origins

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
A frequent worry is the performance of the base PS4 version as we've seen no official footage due to the MS marketing deal. Well thanks to leaks there's footage of the base PS4 version in the wild. Unfortunately no one with actual streaming or recording equipment has uploaded footage, so the only thing we can determine at least from several different streams of the first hour, is that performance is looking smooth since it's PS4 twitch stream quality.

Draw Distance
Desert
[URL="https://streamable.com/t6men"]Village of Siwa
[/URL]

Should definitely be interesting to see how much the One X and Pro versions will differ from PS4 and X1. Well not versions, it's all one version but you know.

Looks really good but traversing that desert will be boring as shit in silence. That's me complaining about the lack of ambient music as I always do in these AC threads.

Crossing Eden

Yet there is not a single PC footage? To see the game in full glory?
Nvidia trailer should be coming soon. Don't think a PC build of these games has ever been leaked.

No, there's also the Switch version missing.
Can't be missing if that version doesn't exist. >>

Looks really good but traversing that desert will be boring as shit in silence. That's me complaining about the lack of ambient music as I always do in these AC threads.
Ambient music is back. It's similar to BOTW where it's based on context. For example.

Crossing Eden

Situational music is not ambient music.

Pulling out my eagle and having music play is not what I'm talking about, neither is climbing a viewpoint, or swimming under water.

We'll see...I won't be convinced until I play it myself though.
Pretty sure there's tracks specifically triggered by regular exploring.

Meifu

Unofficial

giphy.gif

SJRB

Gold Member
Do we think this game is going to send the Pro fan into meltdown?

..why would it? It doesn't look graphically more demanding than Ghost Recon or The Division. The view distances and stuff are great, but let's be real here - 3/4 of the map is desert.

J_Viper

Looks very impressive for base PS4, so that's a good sign that the Pro version should be alright

Nice to know there's a solid backup plan in case the PC port is a dumpster fire

Simo

If you guys are on PS4, use the Live from PlayStation tab. There's a few live streams going right now.

Simo

Man, even on this Twitch stream the visuals and draw distance look great.

Some ambient music kicked in as the player was exploring. I like you can set to travel on the mount to follow the road and use Senu at the same time.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
..why would it? It doesn't look graphically more demanding than Ghost Recon or The Division. The view distances and stuff are great, but let's be real here - 3/4 of the map is desert.

Just thinking about Tomb Raider that was crashing Pros. And if this was graphically intense on the Pro might do the same?

Or was that just a bug in Tomb Raider?

Crossing Eden

What's running under the hood can cause it the fans to go haywire too. In this instance, this game has a world that's more complex than both The Division and Ghost Recon in terms of how the world is being simulated.

Enelby

Neo Member
It needs to provide the same immersive atmosphere that AC2 did thanks to Jesper. Aside from Black Flag the games have been incredibly disappointing in that regard.

I know what you mean. I really felt his departure. Hitman has suffered from the same fate since he left. The only thing wrong with Hitman 2016 right now is the atrocious music (most people turn it off!).

However, we must let new composers have their shot. And it is up to other people, not just the composer to work out how the music will fit into the world. I'm sure they've got their head screwed on.

I expect e.g; enter ruin - song plays

It won't happen, but God forbid the day music composition in video games is as stagnant as most major film releases. A hell for me would be that all games in the future - have Hans Zimmer OSTs with Nolan North as the main dude.

Peroroncino

I'm on base PS4, so far it looks pretty decent and runs ok, though I've noticed some framerate dips, so it's definitely not rock solid 30 at all times.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Looks good and should look even better on PS4 Pro.

Top Bottom