• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

(Unofficial) PS4 Footage of Assassin's Creed:Origins

CRIMSON-XIII

Neo Member
I cannot wait to play it on my PRO! I saw people saying that there were performance issues during cutscenes on the standard PS4? Hopefully that is not the case.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
Cant really tell from footage of that quality how good it looks, at least the FR looks good.

im guessing 872p - 1008p dynamic res
30fps but with dips to 25 in heavy action

GreenStig

Neo Member
I have had the game crash on me 3 times on the Pro. Then same crash that you get in Destiny 2 when you go to the tower.

Dubz

Why did they take time off from making these? This one looks exactly like the other ones I've seen a thousand times.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
872? That's pretty low.

900p is already pushing it.

I think it will dip below 900p on rare occasions because it has dynamic res this time, and you will barley see the difference between 872p and 900p. All other current gen ass creeds were 900p on the PS4, overall I think there will be an IQ Increase for AC:O on PS4 :)

Peroroncino

Nice dump Bansai!

Thanks!

Honestly I can't help myself and take more and more screenshots the more I play, I mean shit just check this out, that draw distance is insane:

22770553_1686139171447915_4263334464321288616_o.jpg

22770857_1686139244781241_2440288673321429865_o.jpg

22791789_1686139234781242_105583774695246029_o.jpg

22829609_1686139228114576_4940130165135763110_o.jpg

dread_nought

Neo Member
So I got the PS4 version yesterday so I spent around 2 hours with the game on PS4 Pro. For the first few main mission, the frame rate on in-game cutscene is really not good. Frame rate seems to drop really hard, which causes these cutscenes really unpleasant to watch.

Beside of that, there is a slight drop when switching from Senu to Bayek, as well as a small loading time (these loadings are kinda random, sometimes I just move Senu around a very small fortress, but loading is still required). Noted that I updated the game to version 1.02 under a 1.3GB patch. However, these issues are still there.

CRIMSON-XIII

Neo Member
So I got the PS4 version yesterday so I spent around 2 hours with the game on PS4 Pro. For the first few main mission, the frame rate on in-game cutscene is really not good. Frame rate seems to drop really hard, which causes these cutscenes really unpleasant to watch.

Beside of that, there is a slight drop when switching from Senu to Bayek, as well as a small loading time (these loadings are kinda random, sometimes I just move Senu around a very small fortress, but loading is still required). Noted that I updated the game to version 1.02 under a 1.3GB patch. However, these issues are still there.

the issues are there for the pro?

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Yes. All of them. On PS4 Pro.

I experienced one crash also. Kinda disappointed because this game did label as PS4 Pro Enhanced.

It sucks, but enhanced doesn’t mean top performance or crash proof. It just means enhancements are there for users if the pro. Sure, it could perform better, but a bug or processing issue can crash the game.

Peroroncino

Definitely didn't notice framerate issues on base PS4 during cutscenes, as for loadings, it only happens once Senu gets too far from Bayek when you recall him. Try flying closer to Bayek next time and see if loading is still required.

dread_nought

Neo Member
the issues are there for the pro?

Definitely didn't notice framerate issues on base PS4 during cutscenes, as for loadings, it only happens once Senu gets too far from Bayek when you recall him. Try flying closer to Bayek next time and see if loading is still required.

I haven't gone into the game yet, but the fps at cutscene of main quests at
Siwa during the first assassination mission
was dipped really hard for me. Will check again tonight once I get back home.

Top Bottom