• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Windows Central: Xbox One X fully supports 1440p monitors.

Leonidas

Confirmed by Phil Spencer on Twitter.

https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/925861058165665793

It has full support of 2560x1440 monitors. I wonder if Sony will follow suit with PS4 Pro(which currently upscales from 1080p when running on 1440p monitors). Uncharted 4 would look great running native on a 1440p monitor...

Today Kevin Gammill, the program manager for Microsoft's Xbox Platform Partner Group, said that the console would output at 1440p if a 1440p monitor was detected. This is great news for those hoping to use a 1440p monitor with their consoles, as they don't have to worry about the picture quality being upscaled from 1080p.

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-x-outputs-1440p-resolution-when-connected-1440p-monitors

Thinking about returning the 4K monitor I just ordered...

shpankey

not an idiot
Wow, that's great news. And FreeSync, too.

Freesync and Gsync are the greatest inventions in gaming ever!

Time to make a 1440p Freesync monitor purchase (using a Gsync monitor to type this on, so I'm well aware of the benefits). I'm freaking out about XB1X having Freesync support (just learned this)!

Panajev2001a

GAF's Pleasant Genius
I'm pretty sure the number of people that game on monitors with resolutions in between 1080P & 4K is higher than the number of people who game on a 4K TV

Console gamers wise? I kind of doubt that, but I think it should be small work for Sony to properly support those monitors too.

shpankey

not an idiot
funny, it's like it hurts them somehow, so they are compelled to try and piss in the Cheerios. interesting (and revealing).

I didn't buy a Pro because it didn't support 1440p (my current highest res screen), so this is nice news.

I'm getting more and more interested in the X. I hope next year Microsoft brings the games for it.

That's great, even though if you have a 1440p+ monitor, you're better off playing Ms games on pc.

While I wait on a Halo collection for pc, I'll hook up my xbox to my ROG and enjoy.

Top Bottom