• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Resident Evil on Wii in 2007, More Wii Announcements Soon

courtesy of Mr kohler

http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/03/capcom_more_wii.html

In response to my writeup on Treasure Island Z for Wii, Capcom contacted me to clarify a few points:

Capcom announced Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles for Wii at E3, and it is still on track for 2007 release
Devil Kings 2 was announced for Wii in Japan, but there has been no announcement of US release plans
There are more unannounced games coming in 2007, and "at least one" should be announced in the next few weeks

NewLib

Banned
Im really wondering when we are going to start getting some info about Q3/Q4 2007 Wii titles both from Nintendo and third parties. We know basically nothing about most of them.

NewLib

Banned
krypt0nian said:
Is this the remake/remix?

From what I remember described of it, you basically play through many parts of previous RE games using the RE4 engine. Its suppose to tie RE4 in with the rest of the series.

Game-Biz

wtfcosbytard2.gif

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
NewLib said:
From what I remember described of it, you basically play through many parts of previous RE games using the RE4 engine. Its suppose to tie RE4 in with the rest of the series.

I certainly wouldn't mind that. Sounds perfect.

vasuba

Banned
NewLib said:
Im really wondering when we are going to start getting some info about Q3/Q4 2007 Wii titles both from Nintendo and third parties. We know basically nothing about most of them.

Thats really the mega factor of the wii right now. It could potentially have a phenomonal 2nd Half of the year which is what alot of people are kinda expecting. The bandwagon jumping of the developers around the industry would start to release stuff in that window and beyond.

Oh man the thread on this forum if this game looks worse then Resident Evil 4. People declaring Capcom a lazy developer and why can't they be more like Capcom.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
ivysaur12 said:
Based on what, exactly?

Please, Treasure Island Z for the US! And I'm interested in what Devil Kings 2 will be like...

I thought Treasure Island was already confirmed for the U.S?

There's no reason to think it'll be anything but awesome at this point. It will use the RE:4 engine surely, and that alone means it'll probably be a ton of fun.

Mrbob

NewLib said:

:/

Should be fun, but I had hopes this would be a new game.

shuri said:
I kinda want a new adventure, not a 'best of' :(

It is...
maybe the OP could append this to the first post...

RE:UC Wiki entry said:
According to articles from Famitsu, the game is comprised of 2 parts; a traditional Resident Evil single-player mode which takes place between the events of Resident Evil: Code Veronica X and Resident Evil 4, and an arcade-like mode in which you can play as different characters from the RE universe and play through different areas from the previous RE games such as the Spencer Mansion and RPD building.

goomba

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
Because that style of Resident Evil was rendered prehistoric when RE:4

True, but the Wii cant match RE:5 , so RE:4 would also seem prehistoric.

Rebirth still looks amazing to me.

JDSN

Banned
:lol Kohler had no idea that RE:UC was an actual game.

I hope the next game they show is Inafune's project, and it better not be a Megaman game.

ivysaur12 said:
Really? That would make my day.

To quote from the Treasure Island Z thread:

Capcom USA said:
Capcom® Announces Project Treasure Island Z (Working Title), a Puzzling New Adventure Exclusively for the Nintendo Wii™

Pillaging Pirate Adventure Challenges Gamers to Play Different

SAN MATEO, Calif – March 16, 2007 Capcom, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced its first original title exclusively for the Nintendo Wii, Project Treasure Island Z (Working Title), an innovative, full-length puzzle adventure game that utilizes the unique control mechanics of the Wiimote and challenges gamers to “play different.” Capcom plans to release Project Treasure Island Z (Working Title) this fall.

“Innovation has been the cornerstone of Capcom’s successful history,” said Charles Bellfield, vice president, marketing, Capcom Entertainment. “By introducing a whole new level of interactivity, this title reinforces our commitment to pushing the limits on how people view and play games.”

Legend has it that a revered pirate named Barbaros once stole the world’s treasure and hid it on a mysterious island. Though no one knows of its exact location, stories about the untold riches that lay in wait have been passed down through the ages, driving pirates from all walks of life to pursue the alluring prizes. One of these treasure seekers, a young apprentice pirate named Zack happens upon a mysterious talking skull, the skull of Barbaros himself. Barbaros promises to reveal the key to the island, if Zack will help to lift the curse he is under.

Players will explore a variety of wondrous environments and stages, solving puzzles and interacting with the world in search of vast riches and the ultimate pursuit of becoming the greatest pirate the world has ever seen. Inventive gameplay mechanics and controller movements allow players to move and open objects, transform items, unlock new pathways and navigate through perilous stages based on a variety of themes including a jungle, ice temple, volcanic caves and more, each with their own sub-areas. Players will rotate handles, turn keys to open doors, play a piccolo and much more in order to solve the progressively difficult puzzle stages and collect Barbaros’s legendary treasures.

http://blogs.capcomusa.com/blogs/new...ect_treasure_i

consoul

For REals?

Well this is awesome news. New RE goodness this year.
And it's classic RE to boot.
Give me Raccoon City over a Spanish village anyday.

wsippel

Banned
ivysaur12 said:
Based on what, exactly?

Please, Treasure Island Z for the US! And I'm interested in what Devil Kings 2 will be like...
Treasure Island is coming to the US - fall 2007. There was a press release some days ago...

goomba said:
True, but the Wii cant match RE:5 , so RE:4 would also seem prehistoric.

Rebirth still looks amazing to me.

Maybe, but RE:UC is actually coming out this year, which I really doubt RE:5 will. So there's no competition on that front.

radioheadrule83 said:
It is...
maybe the OP could append this to the first post...

The last time i head about the game, all the "it has a story-mode with new story connecting former RE-games"-stuff was made up by that Chinese magazine.

I still doubt, that we´ll get a great singleplayer-game, and rather a lightgun-like shooter with areas from former RE-games :-/

Miguga64

This is good for RE fans that want all the story connections.

This is good for Wii Owners.

Many people want to rebirth the scenes lived in Re1, 2 & 3

Top Bottom