• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom: Resident Evil on Wii in 2007, More Wii Announcements Soon

aeolist

Banned
They haven't even shown this game to anyone, and it's coming out this year?

$10 says it's shitty shovelware on the level of Deadly Silence.

Jammy

Banned
aeolist said:

It's a Wii game. It doesn't require long development times or anything. Games like Medal of Honor: Vanguard, SSX Blur, etc. were shown off only a handful of months before their release date. And we've actually known that this game has been in development for a while.

aeolist

Banned
Jammy said:
It's a Wii game. It doesn't require long development times or anything. Games like Medal of Honor: Vanguard, SSX Blur, etc. were shown off only a handful of months before their release date. And we've actually known that this game has been in development for a while.
You've got a PS2 port and a somewhat original game with all the content taken from PS2 games there.

Also Vanguard looks like shit.

vasuba

Banned
aeolist said:

we know for sure ites been in development since around E3 2006. Its likelt a Q4 2007 title. thats lot of time in development. Id imagine at the big Capcom Game day in april we will see it.

Dr_Cogent

Banned
NewLib said:
From what I remember described of it, you basically play through many parts of previous RE games using the RE4 engine. Its suppose to tie RE4 in with the rest of the series.

I'm totally there then.

Berserker

When is the 'replacement E3' supposed to occur, sometime in July?

We will probably be seeing tons of Wii game announcements.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
PhoenixDark said:
I wonder if the Wii could get a DMC3.5 or something like that. With today's recent news in mind nothing is out of the question

Well you would think with the sales the way they are that the big guns have to start paying serious attention to the Wii.......right?

aeolist

Banned
schuelma said:
Well you would think with the sales the way they are that the big guns have to start paying serious attention to the Wii.......right?
Capcom likes being a big fish in a small pond. Ubisoft scared them away from the Wii.

joetachi

PhoenixDark said:
I wonder if the Wii could get a DMC3.5 or something like that. With today's recent news in mind nothing is out of the question
I was thinking the exact thing it could happen, but i would'nt hold my breath.

schuelma said:

Not if they think there's more money to be made on 360/PS3. Wii could have a 10 million lead in 3 years but if third party games sell better on 360/PS3, Wii won't just automatically get games.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
TheGreatDave said:
Not if they think there's more money to be made on 360/PS3. Wii could have a 10 million lead in 3 years but if third party games sell better on 360/PS3, Wii won't just automatically get games.

True, but developing games is so much cheaper for the Wii, they don't need to sell as many to make a profit.

And I'd say so far 3rd party sales are pretty solid on the Wii.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Anything running on the RE4 engine will get me to buy it. And with the Wii's added RAM it should be good!

I would love to see a DMC made for the Wii. If done right, it could be very good!

Holy crap, I spent all that time reading the DMC4 megaton thread and totally missed this one. I'm intrigued by Treasure Island Z, but we'll see how it actually shapes up.

It's these "other announcements" that have my interest piqued. I hunger for some new Megaman titles. Do you hear me, Capcom? I HUNGER.

Pureauthor said:
In which case DMC isn't going to make a lick of difference either way.

So... why do you care, again?
Because the ain't getting any respect from capcom. Is that how you the likely dominant console?

Linkup

One of these announcement is an exclusive for one of the magazines, probably. I just hope EGM is the one covering them and not the other two.

chibcicylist said:
Because the ain't getting any respect from capcom. Is that how you the likely dominant console?

The only reason I would care about which console is dominant is because it'll get the most support.

If Capcom (and others) refuse to take the Wii seriously regardless of whether or not it's the dominant console, then I have no reason to care about the Wii.

Linkup said:
(if it isn't Megaman, kohler gets banned)
It sounds like another new IP. This would mean 4 games from Capcom on Wii so far. New IPs are always welcome but a part of me wants it be a MM game just to know that MM still has a future on consoles and isn't confined to handhelds.

This is good news.
UltimaKilo said:
Anything running on the RE4 engine will get me to buy it. And with the Wii's added RAM it should be good!

I would love to see a DMC made for the Wii. If done right, it could be very good!
QFT. Just add real widescreen and up the texture size and I'm all set.

Lobster

Banned
aeolist said:
You've got a PS2 port and a somewhat original game with all the content taken from PS2 games there.

Also Vanguard looks like shit.

What? Vanguard ain't look shit. EA has been delivering on Wii so far. One of few 3rd parties thats been taking the Wii seriously.

Why are so many wii games in the closet? We've already seen RE5 and I don't think anyone expects it for a while, RE4 we saw what- 4 years in advance?

legend166

The thing is, considering that they're most likely going to reuse the RE4 engine, the dev time doesn't have to be that long. It will have been in development for atleast 18 months by the time the game comes out.

Wow what a nice sedate thread, jesus did the DMC thread get out of control......! People used to call Nintendo fanboys raving mad loonies!!!
Nice to know another big game this year, but the back end is getting crowded

AniHawk

Well I hope UC does hit in 2007. The US tends to get the RE series before Japan. And it'd bring my Wii purchases for 2007 from 5 to 6.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Am I the only one to hope in a Wii Onimusha?
I think a Wiimote-controlled DoD-styled one would be simply awesome.

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Pureauthor said:
There're so many Capcom IPs anyway... more is good.
I think most announcements would be about new franchises (ie Inafune's new one).
Returning IPs would most definitely be Megaman and Viewtiful Joe.

AniHawk

Alkaliine said:
What games will those be Ani?

Sonic and the Secret Rings
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Resident Evil: UC Santa Cruz
Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn

I might end up buying Metroid Prime 3. But that's a sleep aid and not a game.

ziran

I loved the 2D fighters but generally speaking I'm not a Capcom fan, however, I have enjoyed some of the Res Evil games, so hopefully this will turn out to be good.

DefectiveReject said:
Wow what a nice sedate thread, jesus did the DMC thread get out of control......! People used to call Nintendo fanboys raving mad loonies!!!
Nice to know another big game this year, but the back end is getting crowded
I think this is just the beginning, there are going to be many more meltdowns from Sony and Xbox fans before the generation's out.

The funniest thing is they're so extreme with comedy gold like, 'If Wii wins this gen I'm quitting gaming', like it will make a difference or anybody gives a shit :lol

Top Bottom