• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The PSP thread of Excellent Games (Troll somewhere else you bastards.)

CSSer

lollers, Hot Shots Golf isn't basketball...

I recommend DJMAX Portable 1 or 2, and Tales of Eternia.

Lobster

Banned
tony-hawks-underground-2-remix-20050316094619469.jpg

:lol :lol

Great post btw. Also makes me appreciate the power the little handheld has.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Dude, awesome list. Don't agree on every game, but most are great.

PSP has some great software.

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
PSP library is fantastic.

Also, any list should have MLB: The Show '07, the best handheld baseball game ever made.

The Warriors is an AWESOME port.

And Guilty Gear I love. So beautiful.

edit: and Exit. Exit is sublime.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Every Extend Extra is great, although definitely not for everyone. Has some pretty cool music too.

PSP JUST **** WOW

ksamedi

The PSP is becoming a nice handheld with all these games to choose from, I think the only problem that is left is to have more games that are not ports from PS2 but new Portable franchises.

Muppet345

I really, really hate to shit on this thread, because that is a nice OP, but how is this any different than that awful Wii thread?

Mar

This type of thread has been done to death. However I think this is the best of the ones done so far.

Great list. And the PSP really does have awesome graphics. But as far as I'm concerned. Any PSP owner who does not own this:

ugng.jpg

Needs to die in a fire. If you don't have UGnG, you are part of the problem. That is all.

Edit:

Kevar said:
I really, really hate to shit on this thread, because that is a nice OP, but how is this any different than that awful Wii thread?

And that's a very valid point.

Johnas

Mar_ said:
This type of thread has been done to death. However I think this is the best of the ones done so far.

Great list. And the PSP really does have awesome graphics. But as far as I'm concerned. Any PSP owner who does not own this:

Needs to die in a fire. If you don't have UGnG, you are part of the problem. That is all.

Edit:

And that's a very valid point.

I played this for the first time yesterday at Best Buy. So, so good. Not a troll, but I only wish I could play it on a large screen. But such an excellent showcase title for the PSP.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Nice list.

Definitely agree on Killzone, Tekken, Daxter (bar the boring last boss fight) and Capcom Collection 1.

I thought Loco Roco and Syphon Filter were boring though. Really expected more from those.

Madman

That list really drives home how great the PSP is. It's an excellent piece of hardware. You should consider adding J&D.

Vinnk

There really are a lot of good PSP games. I might need to dust mine off. I havn't really played it much since Loco Roco.

oracrest

This is an awesome list, but please also include Monster Hunter Portable. It was a decent port of one of the most tastefully artistic games in a long time.

Surreal

slidewinder said:
Nice list. I second Monster Hunter Portable, and nominate Gripshift.

Definitely, I've only played the PS3 version, but I can't imagine the PSP version being much different.

Sho Nuff

Banned
outrun_2006_psp_05.jpg

Don't forget the gem that is Outrun 2006. SEAMLESS level streaming allowing you to play 15 beautiful Outrun tracks in one single race. Outstanding port of the Xbox/PS2 one, framerate can dip here and there but FOR GODSAKES IT'S THE BEST SEGA RACER OF THE LAST TEN YEARS IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND.

outrun-2006-coast-2-coast-20060406062826984.jpg

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN SUCH A DRAW DISTANCE IN A HANDHELD

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Surreal said:
Definitely, I've only played the PS3 version, but I can't imagine the PSP version being much different.

Actually, the PSP version of Gripshift is pretty different...in that it has more minigames and a TRACK EDITOR!

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
nice list -- reminds me of a lot of games, but i don't spend enough time with handhelds to cover all the psp games i'd like to. i'll take the opportunity to buy killzone from amazon. metal slug anthology definitely belongs in there, though it's got some loading and performance issues.

fatty

CSSer said:
lollers, Hot Shots Golf isn't basketball...

And Winning Eleven is not football, the correct term is soccer.

I don't care if the rest of the world doesn't agree with me, and you can have our Capri Sun/Sunny Delight drinking, SUV driving soccer moms as well.

Seriously though, nice list. I would of liked to see more of a Best of the Best (only like the first two, with Eric Roberts and Chris Penn, forget the other sequels) of the PSP as I think most of those would be good games but not quite excellent.

Crypto

Banned
Killzone Liberation is still $23, you're searching wrong.

I didn't know Parodius Collection even existed, any more imports that are worthwhile?

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Crypto said:
Killzone Liberation is still $23, you're searching wrong.

I didn't know Parodius Collection even existed, any more imports that are worthwhile?
Thanks I was searching wrong.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
Mah Jong Fight Club (yes i'm serious)
And Winning Eleven is not football, the correct term is soccer.

lets not go through this again and derail an awesome thread.
Once again : Soccer is short for "Association Football" - the correct term is Football, the other correct term is Soccer.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
there are salamander and twinbee collections as well -- the salamander collection includes the first consumer release of xexex, which is one of the best horizontal shooters ever. star soldier is also worth checking out if you like shooters. and sengoku cannon has some strong gameplay...under its awful graphics and crippling slowdown.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Lack of PSX emulator goodness in this thread is disturbing. It brings the PSP from Great handheld to OMFGBBQ best handheld ever levels.

Fusebox

Banned
TheProfessor said:
Lack of PSX emulator goodness in this thread is disturbing. It brings the PSP from Great handheld to OMFGBBQ best handheld ever levels.

Agreed, G-Darius is dominating my PSP lately, perfect portable gameplay and it still looks tops even in stretch mode.

Top Bottom