• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[X360] 14 Mass Effect screens in 720p

snoopers

I am multitalented
I did a deep research and didn't find anything, so I assume these pics are new. Well, not of them are, but first time in 720p for sure. Anyway, lock if old etc.

http://www.xboxyde.com/news_4456_en.html

904_0001.jpg

904_0002.jpg

904_0003.jpg

904_0004.jpg

904_0005.jpg

904_0006.jpg

904_0007.jpg

904_0008.jpg

904_0009.jpg

904_0010.jpg

904_0011.jpg

904_0012.jpg

904_0013.jpg

904_0014.jpg

michaeld

Banned
I looks excellent but I recall seeing some pics not too long ago that looked much better, I will see if I can find them.

FrankT

michaeld said:
I looks excellent but I recall seeing some pics not too long ago that looked much better, I will see if I can find them.

The only shot I've seen better than these is a serious close up on Shepard's face, which was done not that long ago. Other than that, no.

snoopers

I am multitalented
At first I thought they were renders, because of the insane sharpness of some face details and lighting, but then I noticed the slight aliasing. I'm in shock.

[edit]: Well, seems like there are renders in the pile after all. This one for exemple, and the other monster close-up. No aliasing at all.

904_0001.jpg

Dizzan

MINI Member
michaeld said:

Great musical taste (avatar) but you're posts are always so negative.

Anyway, I'm not really into ME but everytime I see new screens Im slowly sucked in..

michaeld said:

What? This old thing? I think we can agree the quality is just about the same if not better.

masseffect_13_1280x760.jpg

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Something I've always noticed with Mass Effect screens is that there's a huge quality gap between the best and worst. Some of the screens are just beautiful, like the first few here. But then some of them don't look nearly as good.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Who was the guy that was in that horrible movie The Time Machine.

Emerson said:
Something I've always noticed with Mass Effect screens is that there's a huge quality gap between the best and worst. Some of the screens are just beautiful, like the first few here. But then some of them don't look nearly as good.

That's because the screens Bioware put up themselves are the real deal! The other screens you see on other sites are compressed out the ass.

The screens Bioware put up is what you should base your visual stimuli on. They don't put up Bullshots...

THAT'S OFFICIALLY GUY PEARCE COME THE **** ON NOW.

Man, MS is just flooding the channels with this tonight.

"Hm, you guys kinda ****ed up with this wholllllLLLLEEEEEE SHIT LOOKIT NEM GRAPHICS!!"

Rorschach

nubbe said:
The stills do nothing for me. It will probably look better in motion.
o_O

They look insane. It will probably not look better in motion if the framerate is anything like KoTOR's. Those screens are amazing. I hope it actually looks like that.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
That DoF effect with the Alien and the blue chick looking at him gave me goosebumps. Feels very cinematic. I cannot wait for this game.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
Revelations said:
That's because the screens Bioware put up themselves are the real deal! The other screens you see on other sites are compressed out the ass.

The screens Bioware put up is what you should base your visual stimuli on. They don't put up Bullshots...

Well these are all from Bioware, and some of these aren't nearly as good as the others.

mellowbob

snoopers said:
At first I thought they were renders, because of the insane sharpness of some face details and lighting, but then I noticed the slight aliasing. I'm in shock.

[edit]: Well, seems like there are renders in the pile after all. This one for exemple, and the other monster close-up. No aliasing at all.

I dont think they are renders, or atleast bioware have said they're in game

Chris:

In engine means we use the engine to create a special area using the Unreal engine (the ngine we are using for Mass Effect) to take the screenshots. They are similar to in game shots, but are usually better composed and can be changed in subtle ways to make sure they look amazing. In game screenshots are shots that are actually taken from gameplay in a current build.

These screenshots you're refering to are all in game." posted in april

raYne

:O x10.

Man they sure like to shoot Shepard in the chest. You'd think they'd aim for the unprotected head area.

Top Bottom