• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[X360] 14 Mass Effect screens in 720p

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
I think its a case of the Human models being harder to recreate where the Alien models don't follow a strict visual need. This is probably the human model looks a bit...off

Theres a big disconnect there

snoopers

I am multitalented
mellowbob said:
I dont think they are renders, or atleast bioware have said they're in game

Well, either they have maxi-dose of antialiasing for the "cinematic dialog" seqences (like after a sentence choice) and then these screens are the real deal, or they are, like I said, high-rez renders (of ingame shots). But I can see with my eyes that these screenshots are somehow different from the 12 other screens.

PolyGone

Banned
I don't like the look of the main guy, but I do like everything else very much.

Looks much better than the previously released shots. My hope for this title increases.

Cruceh

Banned
904_0011.jpg
The people are nicely done and all, but why is the floor so bland?

dfyb said:
the answer is "The people are nicely done and all"

Jesus you are so annoying.

And the ground is bland, because hey...its a neat ground in that area. We have seen Mountain ground, that is all ****ed up, is that better?

h1nch

those screens are awesome and all, but am i the only one who doesn't like the way they changed the main character? i preferred his older look. i guess its because i stared at so many screens that i really started to associate the character with that face and now that they changed it its a little off putting.

dfyb

Banned
Merovingian said:
Jesus you are so annoying.

And the ground is bland, because hey...its a neat ground in that area. We have seen Mountain ground, that is all ****ed up, is that better?
hey, it's pretty clear that this game puts the focus on the 'digital actors' they hype up. you can see that the environments sometimes take a hit because of it.

jet1911

h1nch said:
those screens are awesome and all, but am i the only one who doesn't like the way they changed the main character? i preferred his older look. i guess its because i stared at so many screens that i really started to associate the character with that face and now that they changed it its a little off putting.

Just change his face in the game then. ;)

GreekWolf

h1nch said:
Well the easy way to resolve that little problem is to make your own customized character.

Awesome to see that they fixed the "dead-eyes" thing. The last batch of screens from a month ago, had that weird glossed-over eye look. I'm glad they got them looking life-like again.

My only problem with these screenshots is that there is not a press release with a release date that comes with it.

michaeld said:
Downgrade?
4toy1jn.gif

Thunderbear

Mawio Gawaxy iz da Wheeson hee pways games
dfyb said:
hey, it's pretty clear that this game puts the focus on the 'digital actors' they hype up. you can see that the environments sometimes take a hit because of it.

Environments look awesome to me. Especially the rocky planet one with the Mars colors.

DaCocoBrova

Finally bought a new PSP, but then pushed the demon onto someone else. Jesus.
Does his facial hair grow? If not, they should just make him clean shaven.

Why that's the only thing that came to mind while viewing these shots... I have no idea.

joesmokey

The lighting in this game is pretty awesome, but to me a lot of the textures are just a mixed bag.

Some of the textures look amazing (face, outside ground shots) but most of the cloth textures are meh and the inside corridor shot with the person in front of the computer doesn't do much for me. Maybe (probably) it's just an artistic disagreement.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Shots look amazing. I hate his new design. Old guys was someone I would play as under the default setting.

Cruceh said:
The people are nicely done and all, but why is the floor so bland?
It's the future, man. They've got nanomachines that eat dirt and shit clean.

And, man, this is taking too long to release, damn it!

h_a_t

FFChris said:
Enough with the teasing already, give us the date!

Seriously.....I mean...seriously.
I hope this isn't released in the fall with GTA4, BioShock, Halo3, Assassin's Creed, and whatever other popular/good game.
I know I don't have to buy them all at once.....but damnit to hell....stop releasing all the games I've been looking forward to for some time within a 2-3 month time span.

/selfish rant

Top Bottom