• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[X360] 14 Mass Effect screens in 720p

Zen

Banned
It's not a looker, but that's not why people come to the dance when it's a Bioware game. I'm still leery about obscenly open ended the combat engine is though. Bioware should be able to pull it off, but being able to go from totally realtime FPS to turn based...? Wel'll see.

KyanMehwulfe said:
This pleases me.
masseffect-1.jpg
as someone mentioned above, the eyes are looking much better.

Zen said:
It's not a looker, but that's not why people come to the dance when it's a Bioware game. I'm still leery about obscenly open ended the combat engine is though. Bioware should be able to pull it off, but being able to go from totally realtime FPS to turn based...? Wel'll see.
wha? crazy talk. its looks awesome.

Zen

Banned
The aliens looks great, humans not so much (they aren't bad), but it's more specifically the shots of the environment with game play that just are sort of smeary, low quality textures and lighting and 'eh'. I'm buying a 360 for it, but the game hasn't shown great visuals lately of anything outside of a cutscene or conversation segments.

But KoToR didn't have great graphics either and it's a great game, and no I'm not stealth trolling or whatever.

My most anticipated game, even over Halo 3.. Those screens are absolutely flooring!

Haven't heard much about the gameplay in a while though. The doctors hyped it up as being open-ended and the videos indicate the combat will be deep and fun, but it's been a while since we heard anything on that front.

I'm thinking a July release, maybe a week or two before/after PGR4. I feel like there is just not enough info at this point to project a summer release.

That way its:
September-Halo
October-GTA IV
November-Mass Effect, PGR4, Assasins Creed

:)

slade

It's always a bit jarring seeing screens of this game. Everything looks so good but then you notice that the main guy's head seems to be clumsily pasted onto his shoulders.

Please continue to take your time, BioWare, but please....the wait is killin' me here! :(

And as a Trilogy? Oh man.....hopefully 2 & 3 don't take as long each to come out!

karasu

It looks so weird. The faces are really detailed, but the bodies look like hell with such weird shapes, posture and armor.

dfyb

Banned
MobiusPigeon said:
question. why is it that the face textures look Fn amazing but then you look down at the clothing textures and they look like crap?
i got flamed the last time i tried answering a similar question.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
The sixth shot...
When do they learn to allocate enough polygons for a girl's ass??

pr0cs

It looks really great but I don't think I can take another 50+ hour game. I just don't have the patience
attention span
for it.
I'm sure it will do really well though.

I bought a 360 just cause it seemed like the right idea at the time with a great deal going. I've always loved my Sony consoles and am still keen as to get a PS3, but...

When I see a game like this, and really think about the other great games that are coming, I'm well happy I bought in. Screw minor complaints about graphics -

Bioware+Space+Guns+Star Wars Vibe=<3

YYZ

Everything is upgrade total except the two skinny alien pics in the middle, maybe it was art direction or something (didn't seem as good as the others). Impressive overall. These are a lot better than what we saw a while ago.

milkham said:
dude, thats a dude...
:lol :lol

pwnt total

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Defcon said:
Hard to be too excited after Jade Empire, but that certainly looks solid visually.
Well, I'm pretty sure that Bioware's learned from their mistakes in JE's fighting engine, and you can't beat their storylines for sheer immersiveness, character development and overall writing. The graphics in ME look to match that same standard of quality, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Maybe I'll take another week off like I did for KOTOR. :p

Only one problem. As always, the environments and architecture design is great, and the creature design is also quite good...but the person who designed the clothes and space suits/armor needs to be beaten about the face with a spade.

Still, some really crappy clothes and armor aren't stopping me from getting this title. After all, from all reports I've read, the visuals, as good as they are, aren't even the best reason to play this game.

Bioware still remain my favourite developer, ever since BG2 (I still need to complete throne of bhaal). These shots look fantastic, I just hope Bioware absolutely nail all other aspects they have proven in the past they are so good at, especially combat. The combat could make or break this game. Of course, I wouldn't give two poops about the combat if it turned out to have one of the best storylines in video game history. Have they mentioned how many resources they have spent on the story side of things, and character development?

I think a couple of those are touched up renders; we had that shot of the blue chick looking towards the foreground before but without the DOF, and now the edges are totally smooth.

Doesn't matter, because the ones that are clearly gameplay look amazing, too. And it has Good Art™.

temp

posting on contract only
Nolan. said:
http://images.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/5601/904_0010.jpg[img]

[img]http://images.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/5601/904_0011.jpg[img]

[img]http://images.xboxyde.com/gallery/public/5601/904_0014.jpg[img]

He looks like he's on holiday aswell, like krogan.[/QUOTE]
Looks more shifty-eyed than anything.

Nolan.

temp said:
Looks more shifty-eyed than anything.
Probably, but I wouldn't be surprised if he rigged the ship at some point and tried to get them all killed. I like his design though somehow reminds me of a butterfly.

temp

posting on contract only
Nolan. said:
Probably, but I wouldn't be surprised if he rigged the ship at some point and tried to get them all killed. I like his design though somehow reminds me of a butterfly.
*backs away*

Top Bottom