• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Singstar PS3 Track List

M3wThr33

Banned
# Blink 182 - All The Small Things
# Blur - Coffee & TV
# Britney Spears - Toxic
# Coldplay - Fix You
# Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.
# Gwen Stefani - Cool
# Junior Senior - Move Your Feet
# Macy Gray - I Try
# Musical Youth - Pass The Dutchie
# Ne-Yo - So Sick
# Orson - No Tomorrow
# OutKast - Hey Ya
# Primal Scream - Movin' On Up
# Pussycat Dolls - Beep
# Radiohead - No Surprises
# Razorlight - America
# REM - Losing My Religion
# Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman - Something Stupid
# Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancing
# Supergrass - Alright
# The Automatic - Monster
# The Cardigans - Lovefool
# The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
# The Killers - Mr Brightside
# The Stone Roses - She Bangs The Drums
# The Zutons - Valerie
# Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It
# U2 - Beautiful Day
# Weezer - Buddy Holly
# Wolfmother - Love Train

From one of the banned sites, I think. I don't care.

Anyway, I see repeats from Rocks! and Pop, but that's fine. I still wonder if it'll have any connectivity with the PS2 titles.

pilonv1

M3wThr33 said:
# Weezer - Buddy Holly

Oh! That would be interesting.

Anyway, I see repeats from Rocks! and Pop, but that's fine. I still wonder if it'll have any connectivity with the PS2 titles.

Doubtful, they'll just have the PS2 lists online to download. Very strange overlapping songs from the PS2 version, another reason to disparage people from updating.

spwolf

no connectivity was confirmed i believe... list looks fine, and lets hope pricing for new songs isnt that bad at all... that will make it first day purchase for me...

when is it coming in europe again?

dfyb

Banned
all i want is a large selection of affordable songs that i can download by the song (no packs). i'm hoping for like $1 per song. i'd even prefer a PSN release that starts off with zero songs and i just spend as little or as much as i want.

M3wThr33

Banned
July something or other for Europe. Later in the year for America.
Phil Harrison has spoke and said this will be CHEAPER than iTunes.
Which makes sense because we get less use out of it. Only being able to use it in one app, unless Sony makes them show up in the XMB, which would REALLY be cool, and I'm sure they plan on it eventually, but now I'm just making a run on sentence.

But what price is he comparing to? $.99 for music or $1.99 or videos? Given the round prices of the stuff on the PSN, $1 a song makes perfect sense as that's the cost per song on the disc and there's no production cost needed, just bandwidth.

Kittonwy

Banned
WHERE IS MAROON 5?
angry.gif

WHERE

IS

MAROON

5?

angry.gif

This is an outrage.
Indifferent2.gif

GIMME SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN DAMMIT.
Indifferent2.gif

Phobophile

A scientist and gentleman in the manner of Batman.
Dice Man said:
I've never played this game before. How does it play? Is it fun? Is it a *gasp* party game for the PS3?

It's karaoke. You sing. The better singer wins.

Yes, it's fun. I bought SS Pop and I hate all the songs on there but it's so damn fun.

deadbeef

Phobophile said:
It's karaoke. You sing. The better singer wins.

Yes, it's fun. I bought SS Pop and I hate all the songs on there but it's so damn fun.

So there are no voice tracks on the songs - it's all up to the player to provide? Do you have to actually sing, or if you just talk along, will you score equally as well?

pilonv1

Dice Man said:
So there are no voice tracks on the songs - it's all up to the player to provide? Do you have to actually sing, or if you just talk along, will you score equally as well?

You don't know what Karaoke is?

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
Dice Man said:

I think its able to tell if your in tone or something. If your off key you don't score as well? (I've never played Singstar before but thats how I thought it worked)

The Jer

Dice Man said:

I've never played SingStar myself.
But, from watching videos/trailers, it appears that it detects pitch and scores are based on that.
I would guess that scores are based solely on having the right pitch at the right time and singing the correct words wouldn't even matter.

I hope there aren't any voice tracks in the game. Or, better yet, you are given the option of having a voice track and selecting the volume for the voice track, including the option of turning it off.

jiggle

The Jer said:
I hope there aren't any voice tracks in the game. Or, better yet, you are given the option of having a voice track and selecting the volume for the voice track, including the option of turning it off.

Yup, you can turn on or off the original voice track. IIRC, u can volume control it too...

M3wThr33

Banned
I originally opposed Singstar a great deal, but now I'm a convert.

I'll try to give a rundown of the games:

Karaoke Revolution:
Published by: Konami
Devloped by Harmonix (Later titles by Blitz Games)
Titles:
Volumes 1-3, Party, Americal Idol, Country

Songs are redone by Wavegroup, the same company as Guitar Hero. Volumes 3 and up support duets, battle and true duets (as opposed to two players simultaneously). Vocal, music and your vocals can all be changed dynamically during the song, even the volume in your headset. Supports any USB mics. To use two mics and an EyeToy, any powered USB hub can be used. (Aside from Xbox/Cube versions of course) Judgement is pitch based. Lyrics scroll alongside music on the bottom of the screen with a pitch bar. Gameplay focuses around getting combos for records. (Silver, Gold, Platinum) The background of the game are custom characters or prebuilt ones singing along in various areas like stadiums, music videos or basements. Using the EyeToy you can project yourself onto the screen and even use Cameo to put your 3D face into the game and literally mouth the words. Singing well on certain songs or earning records unlocks new songs, outfits, characters, etc. K-Rev Party features a dance mode, similar to DDR where you sing and dance at the same time, plus other competitive mini games.

Singstar
Publish by: Sony
Developed by: Sony/London Studio
Titles:
Rocks! and Pop (In the USA. Way too many in other countries)

Songs are all originals, using the music video as the background. The only volume control is the overlay of your voice. Songs without videos use animated montages that are more than adequate. Always comes with 30 songs. All unlocked at the start. Score is judged on pitch that updates with each measure. Lyrics at the bottom of the screen. Duets are alternating or true duet, only. EyeToy support only if music videos are disabled. Automatically records pictures and video during the song of your performance that you can save. High scores let you take a photo. You can replay your performance and listen to how poorly you suck. Supports disc swapping between games without needing to reboot the PS2/PS3. Uses custom microphones that plug into a single USB port. In addition to the 30 default songs, you can do pre-arranged or random medleys for the ultimate challenge.

Both games feature difficulty modes, a scoreless karaoke mode, short and long versions of most songs and are bundled with or without the microphones.

ant1532

Banned
M3wThr33 said:
# Gwen Stefani - Cool
# Ne-Yo - So Sick
# OutKast - Hey Ya
# Weezer - Buddy Holly
Holy shit, those are some good songs.

careksims

Kittonwy said:
WHERE IS MAROON 5?
angry.gif

WHERE

IS

MAROON

5?

angry.gif

This is an outrage.
Indifferent2.gif

GIMME SOMETHING TO BELIEVE IN DAMMIT.
Indifferent2.gif

Poor Kittonwy! Is that all the songs? I thought there would be more? At least put Makes Me Wonder.

M3wThr33

Banned
Segata Sanshiro said:
Which is better, Sing Star or Karaoke Revolution?

Singstar has real music videos.

K-Rev is more of a game.

It comes down to that kind of choice. I say get them all.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
M3wThr33 said:
Singstar has real music videos.

K-Rev is more of a game.

It comes down to that kind of choice. I say get them all.
K-Rev? K-REV? Is that what the kids are calling it these days?

*shoots self*

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Brave men died in World War 2 to give you the freedom to enjoy those syllables. Every last one of them.

Kar-a-o-ke Rev-o-lu-tion BY GOD I WILL MAKE YOU LITERATE

BuddyC

BenjaminBirdie said:
"Feel Good Inc"!!!

Listen listen listen listen!

"Feel good!"

:)

(Awesome.)
The ability to drunkenly karaoke Feel Good Inc. in the comfort of my home is pretty much the only reason I own SingStar Pop.

Argyle

Kittonwy said:
You mean k-a-l-a-okay ^_~?

I still can't believe they have COLDPLAY and NOT Maroon 5.
Indifferent2.gif

Maroon 5 was on one of the import SingStars. Time to get a PAL television and a PAL PS2!*

* (ok, maybe not - but perhaps you can import the UK SingStar PS3 and download your Maroon 5 songs off the SingStore? Please Sony don't lock out US owners from the SingStore...)

Wollan

Templar Wizard said:
Perhaps my reading is bad, but are the original Ps2 mics workable on the PS3 singstar?

Yes. Probably what the PS3 SingStar will get comboed with as well I would bet with the expensive bluetooth ones being optional.

dfyb said:
all i want is a large selection of affordable songs that i can download by the song (no packs). i'm hoping for like $1 per song. i'd even prefer a PSN release that starts off with zero songs and i just spend as little or as much as i want.
1 $? I'd love a price like that but it's unlikely they would aim that low. 1.99 $ at the least (transferring to 1.99 € for us :-( ).

jiggle said:
Yup, you can turn on or off the original voice track. IIRC, u can volume control it too...
Where is that option? The only volume control is turning your volume down which is the only real gripe I have with Singstar, seperate vocal track would be so much better.

Oh and thank god Maroon5 is nowhere to be seen.

Track list is OK for newcomers I guess. Can you download the program as well and just buy the wireless mics?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Songs that are actually "singer" songs instead of repetitive or sampled pop, bolded:
Note: This has nothing to do with ones I like, just a list of melodically complex songs.

# Blur - Coffee & TV
# Britney Spears - Toxic
# Coldplay - Fix You
# Gwen Stefani - Cool
# Macy Gray - I Try
# Musical Youth - Pass The Dutchie
# Ne-Yo - So Sick
# Orson - No Tomorrow
# OutKast - Hey Ya
# Primal Scream - Movin' On Up
# Pussycat Dolls - Beep
# Radiohead - No Surprises
# Razorlight - America
# Robbie Williams and Nicole Kidman - Something Stupid
# Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancing
# Supergrass - Alright
# The Automatic - Monster
# The Cardigans - Lovefool
# The Fratellis - Chelsea Dagger
# The Killers - Mr Brightside
# The Stone Roses - She Bangs The Drums
# The Zutons - Valerie
# Twisted Sister - We're Not Gonna Take It
# U2 - Beautiful Day
# Weezer - Buddy Holly
# Wolfmother - Love Train

Stinkles said:
Songs that are actually "singer" songs instead of repetitive or sampled pop, bolded:
Note: This has nothing to do with ones I like, just a list of melodically complex songs.

People don`t want to sing in singstar, they want to bellow.

Top Bottom