• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SingStar PS3 - Official Thread: Share your drunken vorspiel videos!

lorddct

Everybody Dance has some pretty good songs, and seems to be pretty fun. The only downside seems to be that you don't really use your wireless mics to sing or any grading for the singing and secondly there is no way to capture full videos of your dance? Is there anyway to get this to work or anyone know if there is a way to ask for this feature in a upcoming patch?

Tntnnbltn

Say what you will about the updates, but if you don't buy anything for a few months then you're still up for a big wallet hit when you catch up.

Kelly Clarkson - Miss Independent (Game Pack) $2.25
The Church - The Unguarded Moment (Game Pack) $2.25
Edwyn Collins - A Girl Like You (Game Pack) $2.25
Kelly Clarkson - Walk Away (Game Pack) $2.25
Martika - I Feel The Earth Move (Game Pack) $2.25
The Offspring - Hit That (Game Pack) $2.25
The Offspring - Want You Bad (Game Pack) $2.25
3 Doors Down - Here Without You (Game Pack) $2.25
The Phantom of the Opera - The Music of the Night (Game Pack) $2.25
Train - Hey, Soul Sister (Game Pack) $2.25
Gossip - Love Long Distance (Game Pack) $2.25
Neon Trees - Animal (Game Pack) $2.25
Ok Go - Here It Goes Again (Game Pack) $2.25
Train - Drops Of Jupiter (Game Pack) $2.25
Wes Carr - Feels Like Woah (Game Pack) $2.25
Atomic Kitten - Tide Is High (Get The Feeling) (Game Pack) $2.25
Katy B - Louder (Game Pack) $2.25
Rihanna - Rude Boy (Game Pack) $2.25
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Total Amount: $40.50

Shinriji said:
Well, terrible update. But enough about Singstar. So, about the Dancestar Party demo. I love it. No, really. Incredible easy to play, the song selection is alright and the interface is godly.

I want to buy it, but Just Dance 3 seems to have a better tracklist. What is the better game?

Yeah, I tried the demo and bought the game soon after. My son loves it, and so do I. It does pretty much exactly what it needs to do, and although I miss a lot of SingStar's features, this game is focussed and easy to use, which it needs to be, and which results in my 3yo son being able to control it.

It does everything right that SingStar dance doesn't (and Dance Central did) - show the moves in advance, have different movesets for different difficulty levels, etc. And at the same time it still has the basic community features of sharing videos of you dancing with others (now you have 20 slots to start with for dance, and 100 for fitness). The accuracy of the tracking is good enough that there is a clear relationship between the moves you do and how well they are ranked. The routines are generally pretty good, and its very helpful that the dancers are also holding Move controllers.

Its fun to see the original videos and the connections they've sometimes made (dancer wearing the same dress, or accessory, dances in the routine that are also in the video), but for getting feedback of your performance versus the routine on display showing the video of yourself is perfect, and hard to beat.

EDIT: I realise the reason I've only seen one (German) review for this game so far is that it's called Everybody Dance overseas.

Btw if you look at the videos uploaded by people, very few of them actually have enough space for Kinect in those rooms :D).

I may do a review myself once I've done enough with the game, and I think the game should get its own thread. The game was super popular at GamesCom - there were a tonne of demo units and they were all permanently being played.

Actually, I'm hoping for an iWaggle3D analysis of this game ... TTP is probably extremely busy though, with so much Move stuff coming out.

woodypop

So I guess SingStar Back to the 80s has been released in the UK and Australia. Any word on a US release, and when? Wondering if I should import or wait for a domestic release.

woodypop

SingStore Update - November 2, 2011

In English
Air Supply - "All Out Of Love"
Aloe Blacc - "I Need A Dollar"
Gloria Gaynor - "Never Can Say Goodbye"
Lisa Miskovsky - "Lady Stardust"
New Radicals - "You Get What You Give"
Robert Ramírez - "Sick of Love"
Soraya - "Dreamer"
Swing Out Sister - "Breakout"
William Hut - "Take It Easy"

In Spanish
David Bisbal - "Ave María"

Think I'll be getting "You Get What You Give" and "Breakout." Maybe "Never Can Say Goodbye," but I'm more keen on the Communards version.

glaurung

Something that I discovered last night that might sour the SingStar experience for some people.

I like playing with the official stereo wireless headset from Sony (you know, the 7.1 gadget released a few months back). It has great sound quality and I prefer it since my neighbors probably already hate me enough. Here is the issue: using the wireless stereo headset along with the official wireless SingStar microphones causes radio signal fluctuation. It seems that the microphone is the most affected - the green connection light on the mic blinks furiously amber and at times, entire sequences of notes are not delivered to the console. This means lower scores and less fun.

A stupid oversight in terms of QC and frequency range, but something that should be known. It's not like the frequencies could be changed later on either.

Just thought I'd let you know. Turning the headphones off eliminates the issue. Of course I could always use the wired microphones, but I don't really care to have long cables in the living room.

Tntnnbltn

I myself am going to catch up with the plastic instrument world. I'm importing Rock Band 3 drums from US --> Aus (they aren't available anywhere locally).

Only $150 (including the $15 shipping).

bug_42

Is anyone else having an issue with the disk swap on PS2 disk (swapping PS3 disk works fine)?
The songs load in the Singstar PS3 menu, but if you pick a song the screen goes black. I then have to quit out using the XMB.
Singstar is using the most current software, and the PS3 is on the current firmware.

Baptizer

Neo Member
lorddct said:
Isn't this the same game as Everybody Dance?

I should have been more specific: this site has the 'back to the 80s' available. I wanted to pick that up (not 'everyone dance'). I purchased 'back to the 80s' else where though.

linsivvi

SingStore Update, 23rd November 2011

In English
Calvin Harris - Feel So Close
Coldplay - Paradise
Cypress Hill - Insane In The Brain
Example - Changed The Way You Kiss Me
Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Heat Wave
Siouxsie And The Banshees - Happy House
Spice Girls - Say You’ll Be There
The All American Rejects - Gives You Hell
Tonic - If You Could Only See

In Spanish
Juan Magán - Bailando por ahí
Miguel Bosé - Amante Bandido
Pimpinella - Olvídame Y Pega La Vuelta

Hi-NRG SongPack
Divine - You Think You’re A Man
Hazell Dean - Who’s Leaving Who
Samantha Fox - Nothing’s Gonna Stop Me Now
Evelyn Thomas - High Energy
Sinitta - Toy Boy

"Feel So Close" and "Changed The Way You Kiss Me" are 2011 tracks too. I'll be getting all 3! Pretty great update.

Shinriji

Nice. "Every teardrop is a waterfall" is better, but I can deal with Paradise. Also, "Say you'll be there". Nice to have more Spice Girls.

linsivvi

SingStar UK VIP Lounge said:
Hi guys,
Just to let you know, we've got a few exciting things coming up for the SingStar group.
You may notice some changes over the next few days - starting with the renaming of this group to SingStar UK. You don't have to do anything differently to access it - and it will still appear in your groups section of Facebook, so just click through as normal.
Early next week you will see the launch of You Decide - a voting system that will allow you to select your favourite musical theme. We'll give you a few weeks to drum up support and get voting - and then when you have chosen your winner, we'll put together a list of tracks and add them to the SingStore with a big discount for you.
The power is in your hands, and you can decide from three theme choices which will change every month. Just click on 'You Decide' tab on the left of the screen when you see it appear next week.
And that isn't even the best bit... stay tuned for more details, and keep singing!
The SingStar Team

Toki767

We're getting musicals? That's nice I guess. Would be nice to be able to vote on current music or an artist to get a songpack.

linsivvi

We're getting musicals? That's nice I guess. Would be nice to be able to vote on current music or an artist to get a songpack.
It's not musical but rather pick a genre of music. After further probing they eloberated that it's just discount on existing songs. Disappointed.

I am more interested in what that "best bit" will be.

Toki767

It's not musical but rather pick a genre of music. After further probing they eloberated that it's just discount on existing songs. Disappointed.

I am more interested in what that "best bit" will be.

Well that's pretty disappointing. I'm pretty hopeful we'll get some blockbusters for the December update but I'm honestly not expecting much since Singstar seems to be on cruise control because they started working on Everybody Dance.

I'd like to have more musical songs, they're really challenging. Although, less of the spectacularly queer Technicolor Dreamcoat stuff, please. Defying Gravity, Anthem or something from Miss Saigon maybe?

I feel I'm playing Singstar less and less though. Rock Band has mostly taken over, except for those types of songs that aren't very interesting to play with instruments. But that's mostly a problem with a lack of scope in Rock Band.

lorddct

I would give Dance Star Party 9/10.

I would give it a 7. Good first effort but still a ton of things that need to be tweaks.

*Full video playback
*More complicated dance moves (want it to be closer matched to the music videos)
*Better singing support
*Controller support instead of move only support
*Better than Just Dance but worse than Dance Central 2
*No way to download someone else choreographed dance
*Dance store has no way to preview the songs. Sony should add a video preview for the download pack like they have been doing for Singstar music packs

+Way easier to dance than singstar dance but moves just aren't the same
+20 people party nice competition but when you can really see the replay you just don't enjoy it as much. 20 seconds or less is useless
+Dance partners is a little easier to do
+Dance creator is a totally awesome idea
+Song selection great party songs that kill singstar dance

To me full video play back would probably change this 7 to a 8.

linsivvi

Has this started? I would love to try and force singstar to choose better songs to license! There are so many newer songs they could use!

Well they have added the voting tab in their Facebook page, but like I said before, it has nothing to do with licensing new songs. The whole "You Decide" thing is just for getting discount on existing songs in the store.

linsivvi

Last SingStore update of 2011

In English
Alannah Myles - Black Velvet
Bob Dylan - Blowin’ In The Wind
Bob Dylan - Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door
Chipmunk Feat. Esmee Denters - Until You Were Gone
Coldplay - Christmas Lights
Dúné - Dry Lips
Lloyd Cole And The Commotions - Rattlesnakes
Loick Essien Feat. Tanya Lacey - How We Roll
Nero - Promises
Spice Girls - Goodbye
Spice Girls - Spice Up Your Life
Status Quo - Whatever You Want
The Pierces - You’ll Be Mine
Tony Bennett - I Left My Heart In San Francisco

In Spanish
Melendi - Como una vela
Nacha Pop - Chica de ayer

Song packs:

Elton John
I’m Still Standing
Sacrifice
Nikita
Sad Songs (Say So Much
Candle In The Wind

Billy Idol
White Wedding
Mony Mony
Cradle Of Love
Hot In The City
Dancing with Myself

Def Leppard
Armageddon it
Pour Some Sugar On Me
Let’s Get Rocked
Love Bites
Hysteria

Take That 3
I’d Wait For Life
Hold Up A Light
Greatest Day
Rule The World
Beautiful World

Mosh It Up
Drowning Pool - Bodies
Godsmack - Voodoo
Kom - Falling Away From Me
Marilyn Manson - mOBSCENE
Saliva - Click Click Boom

Essentials: 80s Part 3
Culture Club - Do You Really Want To Hurt Me
Nena - 99 Red Balloons
Duran Duran - The Reflex
Rick Springfield - Jessie’s Girl
REO Speedwagon - Keep On Loving You

Essentials: The Noughties
Jamelia - Superstar
Maroon 5 - This Love
Coldplay - The Scientist
The Pussycat Dolls - Don’t Cha
Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.

Song pack 6 and 7 are old. Everything else are new. Also on the SingStar blog it said:

Not sure where this year has gone but here we are with the last SingStore update of 2011. Don’t be sad though, because we’ll be back with more in January and there MIGHT even be a special surprise release for you before the year is out.

Tntnnbltn

Good update (fantastic by usual SS update standards)

Not really my taste though; I'd only get Spice Up Your Life and Candle In The Wind personally

linsivvi

I will be getting the Take That pack, and around 5 songs from the list. Will wait for the other packs become individually available.

The bad news? They will pad the updates in the next 6 months with songs from these packs and call it a day. We've seen it happened after the huge update last year.

Toki767

I'll get Candle in the Wind when it's a single. The rest I really don't care for, though I can see why others would like them.

linsivvi

And the special surprise release is Adele song pack:

Set Fire To The Rain
Rolling In The Deep
Hometown Glory
Someone Like You
Cold Shoulder

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Billy Idol pack is tempting, as is that Status Quo song.

Anyhow, I've been thinking of getting a Move + some dance game to use for exercising a bit (yeah yeah, I know), but should I get SingStar Dance or DanceStar?

lorddct

linsivvi already posted it darn!

For those in the US.

It seems we got a new song pack.
Adele

I was pretty shocked to see such a recent big name on Singstar.

Adele

Adele - Set Fire To The Rain
Adele - Rolling In The Deep
Adele - Hometown Glory
Adele - Someone Like You
Adele - Cold Shoulder

Best Of The Noughties

Coldplay - The Scientist
Gorillaz - Feel Good, Inc.
Jamelia - Superstar
Maroon 5 - This Love
The Pussycat Dolls - Don't Cha

Toki767

Wow. Will get that Adele songpack for sure. She's a huge UK artist isn't she? It's no wonder they were able to get her music. She just happened to make it huge in the US.

Adele pack is awesome. About 20 percent of The Voice (of Holland 2) songs were Adele ... :D (They probably do licencing deals ... ). She's hugely popular here also. My wife will be pleased, and I like them too as her svelte voice is fairly comfortably in my (low) range.

Also only just now noticed that I can now use the official headset for singing as well. It works really well, though when I listen back to the singing, it sounds positively tinny when compared to the wired microphones that I'm used to using. But it certainly works nice, and auto-detection for changing to and from the headset and the wired mike worked flawlessly for me too.

Very pleased.

linsivvi

I think Adele is huge everywhere. It also helps that her record label is under the Sony umbrella.

I do think they should at least leverage their advantage to put every single of every major artist under the Sony group on SingStar.

Toki767

I think Adele is huge everywhere. It also helps that her record label is under the Sony umbrella.

I do think they should at least leverage their advantage to put every single of every major artist under the Sony group on SingStar.

I believe the problem is that the Sony groups operate individually so that will probably never happen. Adele is definitely huge everywhere, but she just recently broke out in the US last year and it just so happens that most of the time SingStar can only get UK artists.

Another example would be Taio Cruz. From the UK originally and broke out in the US so they have been able to get some of his songs for SingStar.

I played a little bit of SingStar with my GF yesterday. The startup process takes forever. I have >330 songs in my library and it takes almost 2 minutes for the game to load up on my launch 60Gb PS3. Is it dying or is this a common problem? Also shuffling causes the library to rotate but sometimes it takes a second or two until the cover art is loaded. Sometimes it even happens that the wrong cover art is loaded.

The latest patch is installed of course and it doesn't seem to be related to which SingStar disc I'm using to start the game.

Do you have the same issues or is this related to my PS3 somehow?

Thanks for the reply. It sucks that this is normal but on the other hand I'm relieved that my PS3 isn't the thing failing here. Hopefully they'll patch this some time in the future. Startup times this long just suck :(

It's annoying but it's the same on Rock Band, where you have to sit at the start screen while the songs load. It seems both games need to scan the song directories, it would make more sense if there was a list saved that only updated when songs are added.

linsivvi

Yeah at first I thought it's just terrible data file design by the StarStar team, until I saw my friend trying to load up RockBand on his PS3 with lots of DLCs. It's probably something on the OS level that we'll be stuck with.

Top Bottom